Author Topic: Stop Pointing the Finger...  (Read 2394 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Stop Pointing the Finger...
« on: July 21, 2004, 10:39:13 AM »
People people people....I see in another thread we have this already going but I want to make a particular point about this. We need to stop pointing the finger at Pahoff. Casey and co know they are on borrowed time, whats the easiest way out? Handball the blame. Something they have done in their entire reign, so what does Miller do? He comes out and uses the petition as an excuse as to not signing a coach.

DONT BLAME THE PETITION. If they want a coach they will go out and get one. Wallace wont NOT come because of an election, But he sure as hell WONT come if he wont know if he will be paid because the club is so far in debt that it doesnt have a $1 to buy toilet paper to wipe its own ass.

Timing this and timing that. Responsibility and there lack of has cost our club greatly in the past 5 years. I got Frawley saying that the club never had patience with him (Duh? 5 years of what then idiot?), I got Huthcy saying that Rogers was lucky to get a goodbye game (who are you and what are you doing at our club again?), I got Casey still blaming smoking regulations 3 years later (no comment) and now I got Miller blaming the petition and Pahoff on not being able to sign a new coach.

Sad thing is we have no accountability on the field and NONE off it. I say load up and hand in the petition NOW. If Casey was a club man, he would do the Elliot/Pagan saga. Go out, get the best coach out there and hope that its enough to save your ass. I for one hope that it turns out exactly the same....we get the coach and we get rid of the idiot running the club.

New ticket: Put this crap to rest and come out and say WHY you left the current board and WHY you think we have failed and WHY you will do a better job and do it NOW bc the inuendo is going to be the death of you. And to lose out to a Casey-led ticket would be detrimental to your repuatation.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

Re: Stop Pointing the Finger...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 10:47:09 AM »
OM21 i have problems with the quality of the 2nd ticket. I agree that Caseys reign has been bad for the club...but I dont think the 2nd ticket will win if Schwab is heading it. If theyd gotten someone like David Morgan fronting it (Westpac CEO and former RFC player) I would be screaming for change...but the 2nd ticket just lacks a little bit. Im not sure even if there is a spill that Schwabs ticket will win.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:16:15 AM »
om21, nobody can argue with your points about the state of the club. Casey deserves to go on his record BUT this cannot happen without a viable replacement. I haven't seen any such replacement as yet. I'm hopeful I will, losing confidence that will happen in the next month though.

Michael Pahoff stated in an article about him in the Herald-Sun today, "It's getting to the stage where Richmond supporters are saying any alternative would be fine." I think he's wrong. I would have agreed before he went O/S but not now.

My perception is the majority of supporters, while fed up, have concerns about scrapping the board and the replacement not being better. I know I will be angry if an EGM is called to oust the second-rate board if only a second-rate alternative is being presented.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 03:45:46 PM »
People people people....I see in another thread we have this already going but I want to make a particular point about this. We need to stop pointing the finger at Pahoff. Casey and co know they are on borrowed time, whats the easiest way out? Handball the blame. Something they have done in their entire reign, so what does Miller do? He comes out and uses the petition as an excuse as to not signing a coach.

om21, I agree with reagrading the state of the Club, it makes me extremely angry to see us in the financial trouble that we currently find ourselves in. For that I do blame the current board and all of those who have served on it during the "Casey Reign" and it is important to remember that both Schwab and Welsh have served on that board.

But I am sorry I will point the finger at Pahoff. I know repeat the same things over and over again but these are the events that have taken place. He is the one who started this petition thing. He is the one who when he started it and said he wouldn't stand himself but could give no idea who would stand. We wants to get rid of not only Casey but the entire board but doesn't even know who the rest of the board is. He goes away and comapres this situation to the battle of Gettysburg and on his return says his hands are tied and that Richmond supporters just want an alternative. Sorry but if you are going to do something like this you beterr have a plan that is clear, concise and acheivable. Michael Pahoff has none of these things.

DONT BLAME THE PETITION. If they want a coach they will go out and get one. Wallace wont NOT come because of an election, But he sure as hell WONT come if he wont know if he will be paid because the club is so far in debt that it doesnt have a $1 to buy toilet paper to wipe its own ass.

Why would any coach agree to coach us when the new board can sack him as soon as they come to power?

New ticket: Put this crap to rest and come out and say WHY you left the current board and WHY you think we have failed and WHY you will do a better job and do it NOW bc the inuendo is going to be the death of you. And to lose out to a Casey-led ticket would be detrimental to your repuatation.

Agree this is what they should do but they haven't. It seems that Schwab cannot even get his ticket together. And as FF says the alternative must be better than what we have got. And IMO from what we have seen or in this case not seen makes believe they alternative is not the answer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 05:32:29 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 05:53:17 PM »
 :banghead = describes the slowness of the site today

:cheers :cheers = I think I need these - been a long day

this is just bring this up to the top because I posted a reply at 3.30 but it didn't show  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 06:00:40 PM »
What good would Schwab be ?  I dont think he has was it takes to draw new sponsors or corporates to our club and for our club to survive, these are a must.
Dont forget that his brother single handedly brought our club to its knees during the early nineties or do we have a selective momories ???

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 08:52:56 PM »
ive got a pretty long memory jackster and i dont think anyone could say camerons reign was super great or anything like that lol

Jackstar

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 11:47:30 PM »
The reason KB was and still is crapped off is over Camerons involvement with his sacking and too this day refuses to talk to him, If anyone noticed when KB was at 927 and Cameron needed to be interviewed, KB refused to interview him and soembody else did the interview eg Gary Honey etc. Getting on to his brother who like Cameron says that he is Richmond through and through
If Brendan Schwab was ANY good and had the club in his best interests , he wouldnt have quit the  board in the first place, all of this is just placing the club into a further embrassing situation if that is possible.
Even the rules of the club are wrong when 100 memebers can call an election when the membership is 27,000 odd, what ajoke !
I wonder if there are any professional people who signed the petition have a clue what business is about or are the 100 members, who wear there heart on there sleeve and still believe that Duncan Kellaway was an absolute champion ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 12:47:47 AM »
Michael coming out with his petition idea to oust the board without providing an alternative just gave him no credibility and each week his plans for it would change. That's why, as unpopular as Casey is, it took Michael two home games just to get 100 signatures. A properly organized challenge would got them in a sec. Michael's comparisons to major American historical events were cringeworthy and with all due respect made him look like his was away with the fairies. All this shows is that he has no idea what he is doing. We have enough people at the Club already in that category  :'(.

Just pushing for any alternative isn't in the RFC's best interests. At the moment it looks like a choice between Casey and Schwab who have both been on the board the vast majority of the last 5 years. Not much of a choice if you ask me  ::).

Even the rules of the club are wrong when 100 memebers can call an election when the membership is 27,000 odd, what ajoke !

The 100 members rule is a joke but to be fair Corporate Law says companies only need 100 members although depending on the type of company that number may be altered apparently. I copied the relevant sections of it in another thread somewhere. WP mentioned at the time that it's more complicated than this and that other rules apply in this situation as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd