Author Topic: Draft Analysis  (Read 3465 times)

Ramps

Draft Analysis
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:22:38 AM »
2004-

Deledio- Is a Half Back Flanker or Wingman
Tambling- Will be ok but has question marks
Meyer- Seems like he doesnt wanna be here
Pattison- Not a ruckman, slow for a CHF, just a resting ruckman/forward pocket
Polo- Will be ok but is in the reserves
McGuane- Needs to find plenty of improvement

Oakley Nicholls- Hot and cold with disposal, just a flanker, should have taken Hurn
Hughes- At least the kid knows how to kick 2 or 3 goals a game
Casserley- Injury Prone
White - Interested in being a player- but lacks polish, still for a PSD- what can you expect

Riewoldt - Doing good things at Coburg- unseen at Senior level at RFC
Edwards- Has polish will be a player in time
Conners- Supposedly doing well with Coburg
Others like Clingan and Collins not seen yet.

Analysis

2004 was a wasted draft- a No 1 pick was used to get a flanker and not a key midfielder of KPP, Tambling is finding his feet still, Meyer and Pattison have massive question marks...overall a shocking effort considering we had 5 of the top 20 picks.

2005 was another average effort. Hurn should have been taken over JON.

2006 dont know yet...

Overall just very very poor imho.

letsgetiton!

Re: Draft Analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:26:15 AM »
miller and wallace must go!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »

Did you get any sleep last night X?...must have been a riot down your way last night to the early hours?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 08:57:38 AM »
Fair enough we give Frawley a heap of sh*t and rightly so, do we have anyone from his time playing that was UNDER pick 50 in the draft, Wallace and Miller must now be scrutinised just as fiercely.

Fiora was a mistake, but that's years ago, but now it looks as though we've done it again, and again and again......

Deledio was the standout for number 1 and i'm pretty sure any team would have taken him, but you just sit back and think 'Franklin has been in the system for the same time and is leading the Coleman Medal, Jordan Lewis is exactly what we needed, he's averaging 20 odd disposals already and is as tough as nails'.

You don't need high picks to build a premiership team, just look at Sydney and West Coast, but you do need people who have an idea on how to recruit!

JON is already a joke to opposition supporters, Hughes strolls in from 15 and dribbles a point, they already have the Richmond curse, and why, because they're surrounded by them. Bowden, a 200 gamer kicks into the man on the mark kicking out, Richo does a 20 metre handball straight to a Cat player..... and so on and so forth.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »

Did you get any sleep last night X?...must have been a riot down your way last night to the early hours?

no sleep at all

its a nightmare, once apon a time we had 1 ablett to screw us, now we have two.

the tigers play scared, on the way home down the highway i ran over a stunned scared rabbit. the rabbit had that headlight thingy where they just freze and dont move out of fear.

i squashed the furry critter to bits, cos when i saw it i though , that was brett deledio last night amongst others.

gees i wish i could run over some of our players , gutless spineless twerps!

my 18month daughter has less fear than them and my 3 yo one has so much courage its not funny, yesterday morning she belted up her 7yo male cousin!  he is a geelong supporter too

i wish the tigers had my 3 yo old daughters will and couarge to stand up and fight!

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 09:32:35 AM »
ok X heres some mail for ya

RFC should delete Shultz & recruit Robert Michaelides
this boy is a gun forward a great replacement for Richo & is better than Roughhead & comes from a good sporting family
he knows how to kick goals infact kicked over 100 in the league is currently playing for Power
Mark my word somebody gunna reap rewards from this boy

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:34:22 AM »
ok X heres some mail for ya

RFC should delete Shultz & recruit Robert Michaelides
this boy is a gun forward a great replacement for Richo & is better than Roughhead & comes from a good sporting family
he knows how to kick goals infact kicked over 100 in the league is currently playing for Power
Mark my word somebody gunna reap rewards from this boy

mark my word, if this kid is good, we wont get him, we willpick another skinny outside runner

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 09:51:55 AM »
just checked the TAC results he kicked 4 goals was B.O.G

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »

no sleep at all

its a nightmare, once apon a time we had 1 ablett to screw us, now we have two.

the tigers play scared, on the way home down the highway i ran over a stunned scared rabbit. the rabbit had that headlight thingy where they just freze and dont move out of fear.

i squashed the furry critter to bits, cos when i saw it i though , that was brett deledio last night amongst others.

gees i wish i could run over some of our players , gutless spineless twerps!

my 18month daughter has less fear than them and my 3 yo one has so much courage its not funny, yesterday morning she belted up her 7yo male cousin!  he is a geelong supporter too

i wish the tigers had my 3 yo old daughters will and couarge to stand up and fight!
LOL ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »
Even Tiger fan/journo Paul Gough has turned....

A long line of mistakes
by: Paul Gough
Sportal

Poor recruiting and not enough on-field leadership. They are the two key reasons behind Richmond's continued failure to break out of a cycle of mediocrity.

http://sportal.com.au/football.asp?i=news&id=98332

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
eye eye one-eyed that was a good read
l thought that clearly outlines what we all ready knew as supporters but its a great peice of writing & true in every aspect of the outcome of our club
we have begged for KP backmen for years but nothing has ever been done then losing Torney after a good year made another hole if we recruited some slick fulback like fletcher mold which l really think we miss Rayzor Hall at present why give him a $5000 fine and pump 3 games onto him as well when we need him surely a fine is enough but greed takes over the club there they take money from his match payments as well
l like to see Richmond chase Michaelides from Gippy power to replace Richo in the future & get rid of injured shultz & have Hughes at CHF & white on a wing running the ball down & you never know RFC have a bind with Gippy Power in Francis a ex player running it
Also another youngster l like to see chased is another Gippy lad Jeff Ryan who can play defence well & can go forward seen him take comtrol of a grand Final and turn it for a win to his club some years back

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »
A KP fwd wouldn't have helped much last night as we only entered our fwd 50 twice in the first 20 minutes. Franklin would have frozen his proverbials off waiting for the ball.

As long as we keep getting smashed in the midfield all the KPPs in the world probably won't help us...unless they're all giant mobile BACKMEN because without a winning midfield that's where the ball will be.

The difference between us and the gun sides isn't lack of gun KPPs it's lack of gun midfielders...guys with skill that are prepared to gut run for an entire game and play defensively as well as offensively. Our midfield lacks both quality and quantity.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Draft Analysis - Miller plays down Franklin question (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 02:29:59 AM »
Miller plays down Franklin question
09 May 2007   Herald-Sun
Mark Stevens

RICHMOND has spent years copping it for choosing Aaron Fiora over Matthew Pavlich in the 1999 draft.

Now, the Tigers are being whacked for passing up on Lance Franklin to take Richard Tambling.

The happenings of the weekend only inflamed it.

Franklin, pick No. 5 in 2003, kicked nine. The Tigers were pumped by 157 points and Tambling, pick No. 3, copped a shoulder injury.

Football manager and former recruiter Greg Miller faced the blowtorch yesterday.

Asked whether the Tigers should have taken the taller Franklin, Miller said: "When you're picking in the early rounds, you always take the best available.

"The first four players (in the 2003 draft) went as expected," Miller said.

"It's great to see Lance Franklin going so well. All credit and luck to Hawthorn.

"We're very pleased with Richard Tambling."

Miller said he was happy with the Tigers' young tall goal-to-goal stocks, but conceded the club had to add to its height in the division via the trade period or pre-season draft.

Francis Jackson has replaced Miller as head of recruiting, but Miller has his fingerprints all over the young list at Tigerland.

He mounted a strong defence of his work yesterday.

"The last three or four years, the calibre of young men, the quality and their future is outstanding. I'm very pleased," Miller said.

"They were up on the weekend. Hopefully, we see them up this week. That's the nature of youth."

Coach Terry Wallace said the club was not on an all-out mission to play kids.

He defended the decision to recruit Kent Kingsley from Geelong.

"One of the reasons Kent Kingsley was brought to this club was because we had two key forwards that I believed needed challenging -- they were Cleve Hughes and Jay Schulz," Wallace said.

"Both of those blokes had great natural ability, but I really wanted them to want the position and Kent coming along was seen as a real challenge to those guys.

"All of a sudden, they weren't able to walk into a spot."

Wallace said Hughes and Schulz had responded by having their best pre-seasons.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21697111%255E19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Draft Analysis - Miller plays down Franklin question (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 02:50:59 AM »
Someone forgot to proof read  ???

Tambling, pick No. 3, copped a shoulder injury.
He was pick 4.

"The first four players (in the 2003 draft) went as expected," Miller said.
They were picked up in the 2004 draft.

"They were up on the weekend. Hopefully, we see them up this week. That's the nature of youth."
That should be "They weren't up on the weekend."

Anyway why do we only cop it for not taking Franklin. The Doggies were/are crying out for a quality tall forward yet chose Griffen who this year hasn't set the world on fire in the stronger list of the 3 clubs. It's not like they aren't loaded with smalls.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
all three of us buggered up in this, we all know now that buddy should have been no1 pick, griffen 2, tambling (tba)? and deledio(tba)?