Author Topic: Apologies to Jackstar  (Read 5007 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Apologies to Jackstar
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
And the dogs with Griffen

Actually why don't the dogs cop the heat? They already had heaps of young/ish midfielders and not a lot of height..
I know Griffen will be better than Tambling but still...

Life goes on

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »
Griffen has bigger body, thats the problem, we have too many "" light weights""

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »

buddy is 6'5, 6'6 as fast if not faster than deledio and is a matchwinner

:o :o :rollin :rollin
Sorry X, this has to be one of the most laughable comments of the year. Deledio is the fastest player in the comp. He has proven it in the GF sprint.
You have a short memory. Deledio was winning games for us last year whilst Buddy was still working out how to kick straight. Remember Polo gave him a towelling once and he is not
exactly one of our quickest.
Deledio's form this season up until last night was actually pretty solid. This is our only thrashing so far and after some serious soul searching, I'm prepared to keep the faith and for the rest of the season I won't be watching the scoreboard, I'll be watching the young tigers like Edwards, Connors, Riewoldt, King, JON, Hughes & Thirsty get some serious gametime and turn into exciting prospects for seasons to come. 

Bulluss

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
I won't be watching the scoreboard

I havent watched it for 10 years now  :lol

Seriously, its time for our Coaching staff, president etc to start looking forward and stop going back on the past.

Spud correctly summed it up on Footy Classified tonight, you cant keep looking in the rear view mirror.

Most of the players on the list have been drafted during Terry's time @ Richmond. Terry and Miller have been associated with 3 drafts and we would have cut atleast 25 players over the last 3 years.

Any other players that werent drafted by Wallace would have come out of contract during his time at Punt Road and if they werent good enough they should have been shown the door.

I am not saying that Terry should be sacked but he has performed poorly in his role at Richmond in relation to us moving forward. This may be as a result of Terry not spending enough time concentrating on his coaching.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »
Hold on, Franklin got picked at 5, Tambling 4.
Nothing to do with Lids ::)

we should have picked buddy at pick one!!!! not lids

letsgetiton!

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 11:39:41 PM »
Hold on, Franklin got picked at 5, Tambling 4.
Nothing to do with Lids ::)

Here here.

And personally I reckon we made the right choice

Everyone is getting on Buddy's bandwagon. Reports suggested at the time that there were risk with Franklin.

The day Buddy at his size starts taking some contested marks and getting a few contested possessions I'll start paying attention to him

he won contested ball v the bombers, and did it easy and only bagged a lazy 9

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 11:43:59 PM »

buddy is 6'5, 6'6 as fast if not faster than deledio and is a matchwinner

:o :o :rollin :rollin
Sorry X, this has to be one of the most laughable comments of the year. Deledio is the fastest player in the comp. He has proven it in the GF sprint.
You have a short memory. Deledio was winning games for us last year whilst Buddy was still working out how to kick straight. Remember Polo gave him a towelling once and he is not
exactly one of our quickest.
Deledio's form this season up until last night was actually pretty solid. This is our only thrashing so far and after some serious soul searching, I'm prepared to keep the faith and for the rest of the season I won't be watching the scoreboard, I'll be watching the young tigers like Edwards, Connors, Riewoldt, King, JON, Hughes & Thirsty get some serious gametime and turn into exciting prospects for seasons to come. 

deledio has never won a game for us cos of his brilliance

and also , he is not the fastest in the afl, thats bs, he isnt even the fastest at richmond. many have said that moore and jon are faster and atm foley is faster than lids.
btw, if lids is that quick, why cant he use his pace to shake a tag, Geez, ling kept up with him and ran off him, ling isnt fast but he made lids look slow

whats laughable is how can such a quick player only lay 7 tackles so far, how many has judd got this yr, and whats laughable is that he could not run off ling

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »
How many seasons has Judd and Ling done compared to Lids?  ::)

And you know what, if I saw the way my team mates were playing Sunday night, not trying, showing no effort etc, I wouldn't want to bother either... I mean what's the point of having a good 3 or 4 players on the field when the other team has 18+
It's a team effort and only a handful of our players were trying, IMO.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 08:41:26 AM »
excuses, judd has been a goer since day 1, deledio is a passenger and never worked hard to earn his spot, unlike say a polo

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 01:15:40 PM »
I won't be watching the scoreboard

Seriously, its time for our Coaching staff, president etc to start looking forward and stop going back on the past.

AGREE[/size]

Spud correctly summed it up on Footy Classified tonight, you cant keep looking in the rear view mirror.

AGREE[/size]

Most of the players on the list have been drafted during Terry's time @ Richmond. Terry and Miller have been associated with 3 drafts and we would have cut atleast 25 players over the last 3 years.

Any other players that werent drafted by Wallace would have come out of contract during his time at Punt Road and if they werent good enough they should have been shown the door.

AGREE[/size]

I am not saying that Terry should be sacked but he has performed poorly in his role at Richmond in relation to us moving forward. This may be as a result of Terry not spending enough time concentrating on his coaching.

AGREE[/size]  AGREE[/size]  AGREE[/size]

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »
the people who have been sticking the boots in have been proven correct again! Nothing ever changes- the brightsiders those who live in fantasy land have once again been proven wrong and those who live in reality, people like Jacko have been proven correct again.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
the people who have been sticking the boots in have been proven correct again! Nothing ever changes- the brightsiders those who live in fantasy land have once again been proven wrong and those who live in reality, people like Jacko have been proven correct again.

Who cares?

I don't care if Jackstar, X or Bull have got it right. They aren't in a position to change anything!

We need TW, Miller and the 22 that go out on on Friday night to get it right, it's the only thing that matters!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »

Who cares?

I don't care if Jackstar, X or Bull have got it right. They aren't in a position to change anything!

We need TW, Miller and the 22 that go out on on Friday night to get it right, it's the only thing that matters!

Good an ya DC -

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just slagging off the club and players/staff for the sake of it or your own ego doesn't sit with me and really shows a lack of intelligence as far as I am concerned.

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 02:35:53 PM »

Wrong. Only the RFC nihilists have been proven right. Every solution has been proven wrong and every alternative solution has also been proven wrong. Get Richmond people, get outsiders, get this assistant coach, sack that coach, it the players' fault, it's the coach, it's the board, etc. All proven wrong! You are all wrong because you think there is an alternative that will make things right. (Not surprisingly, this means that I am the only one who is right - welcome to planet Piping Shrike.) The competition today makes teams like RFC irrelevant at the end of the season. It doesn't matter what you do, the best you can aim for is the odd appearance in weeks 1 and 2 of the finals. Why do you think the AFL spends so much time promoting these special rounds during the year? Because the Victorian product collapses each September. Only the first division teams matter by then.

My solution? Get Richmond people, get outsiders, get this assistant coach, sack that coach, it the players' fault, it's the coach, it's the board, etc. Do all of those things, whatever pleases you! In the meantime I'll just enjoy whatever good moments arise, and some years there'll be more than others.

Cheerio. :cheers

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »
The competition today makes teams like RFC irrelevant at the end of the season. It doesn't matter what you do, the best you can aim for is the odd appearance in weeks 1 and 2 of the finals. Why do you think the AFL spends so much time promoting these special rounds during the year? Because the Victorian product collapses each September. Only the first division teams matter by then.

My solution? Get Richmond people, get outsiders, get this assistant coach, sack that coach, it the players' fault, it's the coach, it's the board, etc. Do all of those things, whatever pleases you! In the meantime I'll just enjoy whatever good moments arise, and some years there'll be more than others.

Cheerio. :cheers

Piping, I sympathise with those thoughts, very very much, bring back the VFL I say, however that is not going to happen.
Even though we are coming off one of the biggest hidings in the history of the game there is no reason that this young mob can't bounce back.

There is no reason why this crop of young players coming through can't be the best in the land. They have got a unique chance to be the ones that break this interstate dominance. They could be one of the first sides that bounce back from a hiding like this and won the next week.

Anything is possible. The interstate clubs have not got a stranglehold on this!

Let's not complicate things, there's 18 blokes on a footy field, give them one job, that is to beat your opponent.

The Dallas Mavericks, after a near record breaking season, got knocked out of the NBA last week by the 8th best team who had a mere 50% win loss.

Anything can happen!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine