Author Topic: Apologies to Jackstar  (Read 4601 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Apologies to Jackstar
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 04:34:35 PM »
We should be looking forward but the senior core we should have coming through now doesn't exist and that's all thanks to Spud. 20 year olds don't form your core group. Our list was decimated. If people expected us to turn it around in 2 and a bit years then they are living in fairyland. Not hard to be right about that. It's just going to take 5 years to just get the list back into some sort of balance.

As for Franklin he is very good but he has yet to do anything against a top side. To say he is now better than Jonathan Brown, Riewoldt, Fevola, Lloyd, etc as those in the media are now saying is laughable. Hawthorn's improvement is coming from most of their players who are now entering reaching 22-25 age bracket - Hodge, Mitchell, Bateman, Brown, Clarke, Gilham, Ladson, Sewell, Osbourne, Boyle, Campbell, Taylor, Williams.  We don't have that. We are at least 1-2 years behind them in that regard.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »
As for Franklin he is very good but he has yet to do anything against a top side. To say he is now better than Jonathan Brown, Riewoldt, Fevola, Lloyd, etc as those in the media are now saying is laughable.

Actually he normally goes missing against the top sides. But that's OK because he is gonna be the greatest palyer of the next decade (G Healy said so)

But then again he maybe on par with reiwoldt (nick)  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »
As much as i am peeed about the current position of the team. The one thing that does annoy me is the constant comparison between the players like Deledio and Tambling, Griffen, Roughead, Franklin etc.

Its always going to happen and they wont always be RFC players i suppose but some players will blossom faster than others.

Clearly Lids was the number 1 choice at the time of the draft and i clearly remember Franklin having a lot of bad press about his attitude and commitment to being in Melbourne.

After seeing the highlights of the Ess/Hawks game, sure he played a great game but he had a hell of a lot of luck. I reckon a flock of 20 birds must have poo on him before the game. Lucky bounces etc gave him the chance to obtain a fair few of his goals. To his credit he made the most of it.

At the end of the day Buddy may turn out to be the best player from that draft, who knows at this stage. I reckon you will need to wait another 5 years to determine that.

I just hope that Lids and Tambo gain that detetmination and drive to be the best.