Author Topic: Terry Daniher  (Read 1761 times)

froars

Terry Daniher
« on: July 21, 2004, 06:20:20 PM »
Could we stand another country hick coaching our club?
Saw Daniher at the Coburg game on the weekend watching his son play, and wondered if he should be in the mix as potential coaches.
Don't know much of what he's done, but i think he's been quite successful coaching up the bush.
People's thoughts please.
A stint at RFC ain't gonna change the way he looks like it did Danny - he's gonna be ugly no matter what lol

Bulluss

Re: Terry Daniher
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 07:46:04 PM »
i think that he would be a great assistant and never anymore than that.

Cant see him leaving St.Kilda after just one season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Terry Daniher
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 01:22:59 AM »
Don't know much of what he's done, but i think he's been quite successful coaching up the bush.

From memory was a multi-premiership coach at the Wagga Wagga Tigers  :thumbsup before they moved into the tougher Canberra league. After that had a one year stint as a assistant under Malthouse at Collingwood which didn't work out and now is currently assistant coach under Grant Thomas. Think he also spent some time back at Essendon in some coaching roll.

On TV he comes across as a very laid back kind of bloke but obviously he's done things right in his footy career both on the field and in the coaches box. As Bulluss said I would doubt he would leave the Saints just yet. Maybe he'll try to a score a senior coaching possie in 2006/7.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd