Author Topic: team v port adelaide  (Read 4484 times)

Ramps

Re: team v port adelaide
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »
We were always gonna take Meyer, I remember seeing the carnival on TV and Terry Wallace was doing special commentary. You could tell from Ploughs voice that he liked Meyer and we were going to take him if we had the chance.

Life goes on

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:39:44 PM »
Rule no 1 in recruiting.
Dont recruit ANYONE under 6ft unless they have a few ""tricks ""
Ala Davey etc.
Meyer, nah!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »
Hopefully its the last we will see of Meyer, Jackson and Moore.
If you cant have any impact in team that will win the wooden spoon.
you might as well head down to centrelink come September.

agree

We were always gonna take Meyer, I remember seeing the carnival on TV and Terry Wallace was doing special commentary. You could tell from Ploughs voice that he liked Meyer and we were going to take him if we had the chance.

well then terry should quit, he onv knows how to pick duds who dont even want to be with us

i have worked meyer out, he may have talent , but only has desire to play elsewhere, he wants to be in SA, has no desire to bust his pooper for our club, i say dont trade him at yrs end, just delist him, with any luck the kangas or demons or blkues will pick him up, surely that woudl send him into a nervous wreck!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »
krak also had about 40 touches, 36 iirc
so what did tiv do to merit selection, he played in the same game as krak and did nothing, 12 possessions iirc

reg if its teh 2nds, 3rds etc, you have to go out and give it ur all, krak did, tiv didnt

and with meyer, i think its more to do with his attitude, lack of desire

we stuffed our picks in 2004, we gave up ottons for , patto and meyer are both jokes

in future we must only recruit interstate players who depsarately want to play for us, none of these homesick  soft introverts like meyer and pretend footy players like patto

we really biggered that up thanx miller!

I don't think many interstate kids will want to play with us next year either :-\. Danny needs to play in a good side. It's no surprise he looked so much better in Coburg's big wins. You can bag him for it but he's a finisher not a workhorse. I could see one of the SA sides picking him up cheaply if he is delisted. Btw Patto is a Victorian  ;).

As for Krak and Tivs. You shouldn't walk back into AFL level straight from VFL 2's after just one week. Box Hill Hawks 2nds is hardly a test for someone who has/is playing at the highest level. They both should have played for Coburg seniors this week and backed up again to prove they deserve a recall.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
Rule no 1 in recruiting.
Ala Davey etc.
Meyer, nah!
Agree with the philosophy but Meyer is 6ft (183cm)  ;)

Life goes on

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »
krak also had about 40 touches, 36 iirc
so what did tiv do to merit selection, he played in the same game as krak and did nothing, 12 possessions iirc

reg if its teh 2nds, 3rds etc, you have to go out and give it ur all, krak did, tiv didnt

and with meyer, i think its more to do with his attitude, lack of desire

we stuffed our picks in 2004, we gave up ottons for , patto and meyer are both jokes

in future we must only recruit interstate players who depsarately want to play for us, none of these homesick  soft introverts like meyer and pretend footy players like patto

we really biggered that up thanx miller!

I don't think many interstate kids will want to play with us next year either :-\. Danny needs to play in a good side. It's no surprise he looked so much better in Coburg's big wins. You can bag him for it but he's a finisher not a workhorse. I could see one of the SA sides picking him up cheaply if he is delisted. Btw Patto is a Victorian  ;).

As for Krak and Tivs. You shouldn't walk back into AFL level straight from VFL 2's after just one week. Box Hill Hawks 2nds is hardly a test for someone who has/is playing at the highest level. They both should have played for Coburg seniors this week and backed up again to prove they deserve a recall.

Mighty Tiges and William Powell would get a kick at Coburg 2,s

Life goes on

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »
Rule no 1 in recruiting.
Ala Davey etc.
Meyer, nah!
Agree with the philosophy but Meyer is 6ft (183cm)  ;)

Must of been on the stretch bench over summer, the smallest six footer I have ever seen

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
Hammy playing up again Jack. I'm sure you would too lol.

Life goes on

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:09:31 PM »
Mate, I would kick 10 standing in the goal square

Life goes on

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »
By the way, whats Tivendale doing getting a game. ::)
Didnt the used car salesman,sorry Terry Wallace say that he was going to players on form at Tuesdays with Terry?
mail is the Tiv was useless at Coburg, just proves , Terry you are full of dribble, thats reminds me, its about time for a bit of basketball this week isnt it.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 07:53:17 PM »
By the way, whats Tivendale doing getting a game. ::)
Didnt the used car salesman,sorry Terry Wallace say that he was going to players on form at Tuesdays with Terry?
mail is the Tiv was useless at Coburg, just proves , Terry you are full of dribble, thats reminds me, its about time for a bit of basketball this week isnt it.

exactly what i said b4

fingers crossed by yrs end we start fresh, wipe teh slate clean for the 100th time and get the right ppl at the club, i personally now have realised terry isnt the right man to help rebuild us, imho, he only wanted to coach us to be with browny, since browny went down, terry lost his hunger and focus

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
Not only that Terry has been trying to model a team circa on the 1997-98 Bulldogs team that was skillful and full of run with a lack of talls key positions call it what you like. That was his mistake then.
He obviously has not learnt as he has been recruiting midfielders to the club and no emphasis on key positions. I think its yes its one thing to get killed out of the middle on game day and get flogged but with no key possie players eg chb chf you will get flogged by even more. Its time we got some. Good key position Talls will win you a flag West Coast of course being the exception.
Syd -Hall Barry Goodes
Port Lade Tredrea Cornes
Brisbane Lynch Michael Brown
just to name a few in recent years.
No Gaspar No Kellaway soon to be no Richo also we will have a side no taller than 6 ft 2.
Right now I can't see the light no one fills me confidence down there lads.
From car Salesman Terry down. Only three that can hold their head up Foley, Cleve and Richo and the Pres Gary March.
Car salesman Terry is full of it looking at his ins selections for this week. Are those selections meant to stem the bleeding from the wounds that were opened on Sunday night? :help :help
 :banghead :banghead

Life goes on

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »
Not only that Terry has been trying to model a team circa on the 1997-98 Bulldogs team that was skillful and full of run with a lack of talls key positions call it what you like. That was his mistake then.
He obviously has not learnt as he has been recruiting midfielders to the club and no emphasis on key positions. I think its yes its one thing to get killed out of the middle on game day and get flogged but with no key possie players eg chb chf you will get flogged by even more. Its time we got some. Good key position Talls will win you a flag West Coast of course being the exception.
Syd -Hall Barry Goodes
Port Lade Tredrea Cornes
Brisbane Lynch Michael Brown
just to name a few in recent years.
No Gaspar No Kellaway soon to be no Richo also we will have a side no taller than 6 ft 2.
Right now I can't see the light no one fills me confidence down there lads.
From car Salesman Terry down. Only three that can hold their head up Foley, Cleve and Richo and the Pres Gary March.
Car salesman Terry is full of it looking at his ins selections for this week. Are those selections meant to stem the bleeding from the wounds that were opened on Sunday night? :help :help
 :banghead :banghead

Great post!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
I don't get Meyer getting dropped. He only came in last week and is judged on a single game where 19 of his teammates were useless too and we got pummelled by 26 goals. Hard to impress on a HFF when your team is getting pumped out of the middle  ???.

IMHO I reckon there was one moment last week that probably cost Danny his spot this week and that was in the 3rd quarter and the ball is rolling towards him and he just stood there, did nothing :o

I cannot remember who the other tiger guy was chasing the Geelong bloke but it was a 1 on 2 situation and Danny did nothing- I nearly jumped from the 2nd level of the Dome to throttel him.

I know we were 100 points behind but in those situations you've got to show something and he didn't - just stood there. For mine it was the worst effort of the night and in a 157 point thrashing that is saying something.

Was actually was going to post about earlier in the week but couldn't be bothered  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »
Hammy playing up again Jack. I'm sure you would too lol.

Back's gone again Jack  :rollin

Though the physio said it wasn't too bad today ;D

mail is the Tiv was useless at Coburg,

Saw the first half and he certainly wasn't useless ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)