Author Topic: team v port adelaide  (Read 4483 times)

Moi

Re: team v port adelaide
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2007, 09:15:20 PM »
Thought Kingsley might have got a gig after 8 goals.
Not sure now why they got him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
Not only that Terry has been trying to model a team circa on the 1997-98 Bulldogs team that was skillful and full of run with a lack of talls key positions call it what you like. That was his mistake then.
He obviously has not learnt as he has been recruiting midfielders to the club and no emphasis on key positions. I think its yes its one thing to get killed out of the middle on game day and get flogged but with no key possie players eg chb chf you will get flogged by even more. Its time we got some. Good key position Talls will win you a flag West Coast of course being the exception.
Syd -Hall Barry Goodes
Port Lade Tredrea Cornes
Brisbane Lynch Michael Brown
just to name a few in recent years.
No Gaspar No Kellaway soon to be no Richo also we will have a side no taller than 6 ft 2.
Right now I can't see the light no one fills me confidence down there lads.
From car Salesman Terry down. Only three that can hold their head up Foley, Cleve and Richo and the Pres Gary March.
Car salesman Terry is full of it looking at his ins selections for this week. Are those selections meant to stem the bleeding from the wounds that were opened on Sunday night? :help :help
 :banghead :banghead
Our KPPs haven't been the main issue for us though not counting the ruck.  They haven't kicked straight but when we actually get it inside forward 50 they have been getting their hands on it. Polak has been good and McGuane has shown signs at FB. The problem is we don't get it inside forward 50 enough even in our 5 close losses. The finger for that should be pointed at our smalls. Our midfield is crap. We have the worst midfield depth in the comp. You're meant to have 10-12 midfielders. We have Foley who is a genuine ballwinner plus a few ring-ins. Tuck and Sugar are too slow and the rest are outside receivers. We have no natural ballwinners with size, footy smarts, pace and skill.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »

I cannot remember who the other tiger guy was chasing the Geelong bloke but it was a 1 on 2 situation and Danny did nothing- I nearly jumped from the 2nd level of the Dome to throttel him.

I think it was Pettifer, and that effort by Danny Meyer was appalling, I officially gave up on him after seeing that (I am sure he is shattered)

Thought Kingsley might have got a gig after 8 goals.
Not sure now why they got him

Yes Moi I agree. If he is right to go, play him, what's the use of having overpaid reserves players. Perhaps TW is scared of the backlash if we get flogged again, worried the journo's might use the recruiting angle 'recycled hack instead of youth' articles (again)! 
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2007, 09:48:12 PM »
Our midfield is crap.

I thought I told you to stop being so cryptic in your posts MT.

We have the worst midfield depth in the comp. You're meant to have 10-12 midfielders. We have Foley who is a genuine ballwinner plus a few ring-ins. Tuck and Sugar are too slow and the rest are outside receivers. We have no natural ballwinners with size, footy smarts, pace and skill.   

You can analyse footy as much as you like, spend hours writing scouting reports, listen to SEN 24 hours a day, people even write PhD's on footy these days, however those two lines by MT sum up exactly what our problem is. Yes we still need to be looking at kpp and drafting a young ruckman but you've got to get the bloody thing first.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »
Our midfield is crap.

I thought I told you to stop being so cryptic in your posts MT.
lol

Can't Ruddy Attain Possession  :whistle

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »
Can't Ruddy Attain Possession  :whistle

:rollin   :bow very nice mt

I've always thought our midfield Couldn't Run And Pass as well as the rest of the teams in the comp. 
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 06:27:53 PM »
I've always thought our midfield Couldn't Run And Pass as well as the rest of the teams in the comp. 
;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:22 PM »
I agree with MT's comment earlier, Meyer is a finisher and has kicked some freakish goals but he appears to have neither ticker, nor motivation.

Give him the ball in the clear tucked tight in the forward pocket either side and he's a certainty to convert.

See if he can win his own contested posession tight in the forward pocket either side and then convert..........No chance as he won't win the ball.  :sleep

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Schulz passed his fitness test
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 02:53:02 AM »
Richmond arrived in Adelaide last night with 23 players.

Untried draftee Jack Riewoldt was the travelling emergency to cover for forward Jay Schultz, who appeared to pass a fitness test on his corked thigh while training at AAMI Stadium.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21715762%255E19742,00.html