Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions  (Read 7893 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:20 PM »

i bet the current coburg team would flog the rfc atm!

Do you expect people to take your opinions seriously when you come out with statements like that?

atm (at the moment) the coburg team would beat the tigers . thats is not rubbish its fact. seems like coburg play well and have a gr8 game plan and a team that responds to their coach, the tigers dont!!!

the afl should bring in e relegation system, our current team does not deserve to be in the afl

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2007, 07:36:50 PM »
And then who would you follow?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »
And then who would you follow?

the tigers as always , and watch the become a good side again and get elevated

will always be a tiger , while they survive, the day they become extinct is the day i give up on footy and take up fulltime fishing

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »
So meanwhile the fish are safe and we are the only ones in danger :rollin

letsgetiton!

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2007, 07:49:50 PM »
So meanwhile the fish are safe and we are the only ones in danger :rollin

ha ha me dangerous never , im a lover not a fighter

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »

I was thinking to myself just the other day in another topic that you were trying to get the chance to "love" control senseless.  :D  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2007, 07:59:55 PM »

I was thinking to myself just the other day in another topic that you were trying to get the chance to "love" control senseless.  :D  ;)
:rollin :lol

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2007, 08:19:21 PM »
3XX commentator votes

3. Riewoldt
2. Nat Caruso
1. Edwards

3. Edwards
2. Riewoldt
1. Casey player

They gave apologies to Kel Moore.

They also believe Edwards should be in Y&B next week.

Nat Caruso got 3 goals and his brother 1.

Coburg play Tassie down in Tassie next week.

Fantastic.

Bring back Edwards!  :thumbsup

He was unfairly dropped in the first place.  Only allowed 33% of game time, makes it tough.

Coburg will annihilate Tassie.  Tasmania is pooh and no one likes Creswell.  Fact.

jack's certainly got the form on the board for a call up to seniors...i would hate it tho for cleve to be dropped.....tho he didn't have a great game against port...but his workrate was there....3 goals in consecutive games against west coast and geelong ought to keep him there...if anythign..drop krakuer for jack....or bring edwards back and save jack for the game after (since i think reading from BF that next week coburg travels to tassie....great for jack to get a game back home)...also it lets edwards and cleve play in their home town against crows

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
Coburg coaches named Trav Ronaldson BOG today.

thought Jack was excellent. Now based on today's effort s I can see the logic on dropping Cleve for Jack. Jack has one thing that Cleve doesn't seem to show enough and that intensity at the contest and intensity when defending - he chases, he tackles and generally works his but off to keep the ball in the attacking 50. At this stage on the things I've listed Cleve is a work in progress.

Liked Connors game - they played him back, forward in the mid field - so I suppose he is what you call an old fashion utility.

Danny Meyer is a interesting one - if Danny showed the commitment and intensity at AFL level that he does at VFL he'd never get dropped.

Edwards has great skill, backs himself all the time - sometimes it comes off other times it doesn't. It's funny how when we see a kid do it we don't care a senior bloke does it and we want them sent to the salt mines in Siberia.

Casserley - always looks so skillful.

Best news of the day - Will thursfiled got through the game. Got better as it went on.  :clappingvery pleasing indeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »
Danny Meyer will be a 10 year nightmare for RFC if he leaves us and goes home. Every time he'll play we'll see what we gave away. A coach who knew how to work him would turn this kid into a star. Theres a story that on draft day one coach told someone in the media that he'd wanted to pick Meyer. That coach was K.Sheedy. Heard that on SEN during last week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 04:59:24 AM »
Coburg Tigers resist Scorpions' fight
By Sean Cusick | May 13, 2007
The Age

Coburg has edged out a determined Casey Scorpions outfit by 13 points in a rugged encounter at Coburg City Oval. The Scorpions showed plenty of fight, but appeared to tire in the final quarter as a classy Jack Riewoldt came to the fore in his best VFL performance to date.

The prized Richmond recruit finished with five goals, including the sealer from a mark 35 metres out deep into time-on after the Scorpions had dragged the margin back to seven points.

Kent Kingsley, playing his first senior VFL match since crossing to Richmond, had little impact on the match. He kicked one goal, the result of a holding-the-ball free kick in the goal square, and was outplayed by Max Hudghton for most of the day.

Tigers coach Andy Collins wouldn't be drawn on whether his club was talking up a top-four finish to the home-and-away season. "I don't worry about that . . . we're going well, we're a team that's won four and one, so it's good," he said.

In a further blow to the Casey-St Kilda alignment, two Saints regulars were reported - Raphael Clarke for making forceful contact to an opponent in the reserves, while Andrew McQualter went into the book late in the senior game, charged with striking Coburg's Paul Shelton.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/coburg-tigers-resist-scorpions-fight/2007/05/13/1178994996460.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jumping Jack's flash of brilliance (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 05:01:12 AM »
Jumping Jack's flash of brilliance
14 May 2007   Herald-Sun
Geoff Poulter

JACK Riewoldt moved closer to an AFL debut for Richmond with five goals to help Coburg fend off the Casey Scorpions yesterday.

With recruit Kent Kingsley managing just one goal, Riewoldt was the star in the Tigers' 13-point win.

"He is just getting better and better isn't he," Coburg coach Andrew Collins said of Riewoldt, who showed class and looked hungry for the ball.

Kingsley's effort was more workman-like, but Collins said the former Cat was cleary on the improve after a long injury layoff.

"He is getting better, he is very smart," Collins said.

"I don't think we will have him for very long, but while we have got him we might as well utilise him."

The Tigers finally slipped into gear in the last quarter with the aid of a strong breeze to get a grip on fourth position on the ladder with their fourth straight win.

"It was pretty rugged out there," Collins said.

"We knew it was going to be a tough day, hard game.

"We were struggling to find run but to the credit of the boys in the last quarter, in particular, we got a few players come through the lines.

"There was a really strong breeze out there. We were glad we were kicking with it in the last quarter."

Casey defender Max Hudghton played three quarters after long-term injury and looked solid and steady.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21724740%255E19895,00.html

letsgetiton!

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2007, 08:26:58 AM »
Danny Meyer is a interesting one - if Danny showed the commitment and intensity at AFL level that he does at VFL he'd never get dropped.

i wonder why  ::)
Danny Meyer will be a 10 year nightmare for RFC if he leaves us and goes home. Every time he'll play we'll see what we gave away. A coach who knew how to work him would turn this kid into a star. Theres a story that on draft day one coach told someone in the media that he'd wanted to pick Meyer. That coach was K.Sheedy. Heard that on SEN during last week.

maybe kevin sheedy will be coaching meyer next year ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »
Coburg coaches named Trav Ronaldson BOG today.

thought Jack was excellent. Now based on today's effort s I can see the logic on dropping Cleve for Jack. Jack has one thing that Cleve doesn't seem to show enough and that intensity at the contest and intensity when defending - he chases, he tackles and generally works his but off to keep the ball in the attacking 50. At this stage on the things I've listed Cleve is a work in progress.

Liked Connors game - they played him back, forward in the mid field - so I suppose he is what you call an old fashion utility.

Edwards has great skill, backs himself all the time - sometimes it comes off other times it doesn't. It's funny how when we see a kid do it we don't care a senior bloke does it and we want them sent to the salt mines in Siberia.

Casserley - always looks so skillful.

Best news of the day - Will thursfiled got through the game. Got better as it went on.  :clappingvery pleasing indeed
Thanks for the report WP  :cheers. Being a good winning side is probably the difference for Danny. He can be that finisher type on the back of the grunt work from others (granted it's VFL level).

How far do you think Thursty is away from a RFC game WP?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
Danny played as a leading forward and did well. You've confused me X but let me say that Danny obvoiously got a rocket last week when he was dropped (and quite rightly too). For the first weeks of the season his intensity at VFL level was crap, got a rocket before ANZAC day and guess what he was close to BOG. Danny should need a rocket every week to play - he is a professional sportsmen. IMO that's Danny's biggest problem - he seems too laid back

Thursfield - started slowly and picked up the tempo of the game as it went on. He is moving really well although he seems to have lsot a bit of weight. I reckon he needs another week minimum at Coburg. The week of the Dreamtime game the VFL have their state game against the WAFL so perhaps dreamtime will be Will's comeback game. I think the plan has always been 3 VFL reserve games followed by 3 senior games and then assess on form
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)