Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions  (Read 7879 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »
not that confusing really

all i will say is that terry has not learned from his mistakes at the bulldogs

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2007, 07:56:24 PM »

Oki doki then - whatever :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2007, 08:01:45 PM »
atm, many tigers fans think we were crazy for getting rid of rodan

wait til meyer leaves or we trade him, he will murder us and become an elite player. it will be worse than never picking pavlich because meyer was in our hands.

imo, the only way to keep him and many other at punt rd  is a change of coach cos its clear as day that the coach has lost the players and the next few weeks will prove that.

in saying that , if terry really wants to coach us, he has a lil time to change his ways and earn the respect of teh group and get them playing accordingly

when a team folds as quickly as we have this yr, (and stop using injurries as an excuse) its quite clear that things are not well internally and that the playing group are not responding to the coach

the bombers lost many games last yr, but were conmpetitive, we just collap[se and that only happens when things are not right

where there is smoke there is fire, and a massive bush fire will burn through at punt rd very soon, i can smell it

letsgetiton!

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »

how deep in the sand is your head buried wp?

i get the impression you think all is well at punt rd  ::)

whatever back at ya

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2007, 08:32:33 PM »
beleive what u want dc. but it seems many things have gone way over your head.

X to be honest I am getting sick of this imputation that if people don't subscribe to your theories about rfc then they are the fools.
It is actually turning people away from this site and I will become one of them, if I keep being made out an idiot for not believing that we should trade Deledio, sack TW etc etc. I have never been a part of any other forum, and don't want to, but I will go if you keep continuing down that path X, I doubt whether you'd care about that, I'm just letting you know that it is putting people off. I've always enjoyed your posts X, a little bit far out for mine but usually an entertaining read, however last 3 or 4 weeks your writing has been increasingly frustrating to read.

And while I'm at it, the word 'the' is spelt THE c'mon it's not that hard!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »

X to be honest I am getting sick of this imputation that if people don't subscribe to your theories about rfc then they are the fools.
It is actually turning people away from this site and I will become one of them, if I keep being made out an idiot for not believing that we should trade Deledio, sack TW etc etc. I have never been a part of any other forum, and don't want to, but I will go if you keep continuing down that path X, I doubt whether you'd care about that, I'm just letting you know that it is putting people off. I've always enjoyed your posts X, a little bit far out for mine but usually an entertaining read, however last 3 or 4 weeks your writing has been increasingly frustrating to read.

Perhaps its time the silent majority stood up and told zZz to pi$$ off. I too have had enough of this egotistical kn0bhead and his carry on...X, shut the f*ck up you imbecile!  :banghead

Apologies to WP and MT, but this crap has gone on long enough.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53:48 PM »

Perhaps its time the silent majority stood up and told zZz to pi$$ off. I too have had enough of this egotistical kn0bhead and his carry on...X, shut the f*ck up you imbecile!  :banghead

Apologies to WP and MT, but this crap has gone on long enough.

:bow :bow :bow
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2007, 08:56:09 PM »

My head is not buried in the sand - nor did I say everything is well at Punt road. We haven't won a game so I reckon it's fair to say things aren't the best

However - you keeping going on and on and on and on about Wallace and his mistake at the Bulldogs etc I have absolutely no idea what yor are talking about. This thread was about the Coburg -v- Casey match. But somehow yet again we have got onto the "problems with Wallace" again

I don't give a rats continental about what Terry or didn't do at the Bulldogs. I only care about what he is doing at the Tigers.

Now I have been silent alot the last few weeks because I was hoping things would calm down but unfortuantely that hasn't happened. I understand that people continue to be bloody furstrated ... I am sick of people feeling like they want to do this all the time :banghead :banghead

And X you probably don't care but people are getting frustrated with the constant negatives and the put downs if people don't agree with you. I know! We have been very lenient because as I said people are frustrated (we all are!)

This is a bloody good site - over time we have had a lot of fun here but honestly at the moment it aint fun and that's not because of what's going on on the field.

Look I am not going to stop anyone from having an opinion, that's what fourms are all about but the petty sniping is wearing very thin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:06:31 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2007, 11:01:03 PM »
Amen to that!

Ramps

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:28 PM »
I agree look everyone is entitled to there opinions, in the end we are all RFC people and we should be trying to help our club, sniping at one another in here isnt helping, ok...everyone has a view, i have mine and others theres, we are all entitled to it but theres no need to make people feel bad about it. I think we're all feeling poo about the status of our team. We need to lift...all of us.... :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs Casey match report (Coburg site)
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »
Match Report From Yesterday's Game Vs. Casey Scorpions
coburgtigers.com.au
Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Coburg made it four wins from their past four games on Sunday with a narrow win over the Casey Scorpions at Coburg City Oval. Perfect weather allowed for a cheerful Mothers Day crowd to attend a well fought out Burgers victory. The home team held the lead for most of the day, but could never shrug the Scorpions off, as the lead stayed below the three goal mark for the entire match. A mild breeze favoured the grandstand end.

1st Quarter

Coburg kicked against the breeze in the first term and although around the ground the play was scrappy, good midfield pressure saw the Burgers take a three goal lead midway through the quarter. Al Neville pushed back to help out the backline and was prominent in winning contested possessions. Daniel “Jacko” Jackson took a great contested grab on the wing and set up Coburg’s fifth goal, before two late goals to Casey evened up the scoreboard. Burgers coach Al Collins was happy with his troops at the early break, as they had worked the ball well into the breeze and had made the most of their scoring opportunities.

¼ Time: Coburg 5.1 (31) Casey 4.3 (27)

2nd Quarter

Casey took the lead with an immediate goal out of the centre, before forward line pressure and ferocious tackling was rewarded in a Coburg goal. The next ten minutes saw the ball significantly in Casey’s forward line, but they didn’t use it well and kicked atrociously. For the remaining fifteen minutes the play didn’t leave Coburg’s forward half, however wasted opportunities was the story of the quarter. The burgers kicked six straight behinds, before Jack Riewoldt converted two goals late in the quarter, one of them a freak snap from the boundary.

½ Time: Coburg 8.9 (57) Casey 6.7 (43)

3rd Quarter

Like the 2nd quarter Casey dominated the first 15 minutes but again their conversion rate was awful. They kicked 3 goals 8 for the term; funnily enough that is what Coburg kicked with the breeze also, in the 2nd term.

After four straight behinds to Casey, Coburg had their first inside 50 for the quarter and goaled form it. Nick Carnell showed class and poise in the backline, whilst Damien Rayson provided good run through the midfield.
Casey scored their second goal from a 50m penalty late in the quarter, only to see Natale Caruso snap a goal just before the siren, which put Coburg three points up and had the supporters on their feet.

¾ Time: Coburg 10.12 (72) Casey 9.15 (69)

4th Quarter

A dashing run through the centre from Travis Casserly setup Natale Caruso’s 3rd goal and the perfect start to the quarter for the Burgers. The crowd had the feeling that Coburg would run away with it, but that certainly wasn’t the case and Casey kicked two quick goals to take a three point advantage early in the quarter.

Riewoldt then marked strongly and kicked straight from 35m, followed by quick goals from Damien Rayson and Danny Meyer, that elevated Coburg to a handy fifteen point lead; twenty minutes into the quarter. Casey kept fighting but when Kingsley passed to Riewoldt for his fifth goal the game was out of Casey’s reach and Coburg had posted their fourth win on the trot.

Coburg skipper Travis Ronaldson was terrific all day, when there was a hard ball get to be won, his head was always the first over the ball. Daniel Jackson was a fantastic target to kick to all day and held many contested marks, while Jack Riewoldt was also a prominent target up forward and kicked well to finish with 5 goals.

It was also great to see the sponsors turn up and watch the hard fought Burger victory.

Coburg travel to Tasmania next week, and play their next home game at Coburg City Oval on Monday 11th June.

Coburg Tigers: 16:14 (110)
Casey Scorpions: 13:19 (97)

GoalKickers
J. Riewoldt 5, N. Caruso 3, F. Caruso 2, D. Meyer, D. Rayson, K. Kingsley, J. Mullins, T. Simpson, T. Casserly

Best Players
T. Ronaldson, D. Jackson, J. Riewoldt, P. Shelton, A. Neville, S. Edwards

http://coburgtigers.com.au/

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
I agree look everyone is entitled to there opinions, in the end we are all RFC people and we should be trying to help our club, sniping at one another in here isnt helping, ok...everyone has a view, i have mine and others theres, we are all entitled to it but theres no need to make people feel bad about it. I think we're all feeling pooh about the status of our team. We need to lift...all of us.... :cheers
I agree Ramps.May i add RESPECT as well to that.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »
Going by McRae in EOTT, there's about 5 RFC players at Coburg pushing for AFL selection - Edwards (26 possies), Meyer, Jack, Jacko and Thursty. Cass had 19 possies against Casey.   

Great spiel on Edwards  :thumbsup:
Shane Edwards

Had 26 possessions and produced some terrific football, particularly in the third quarter. Displayed outstanding spread from the contest and his composure and ability to step through traffic was a real highlight. Is in great form and ready to return to AFL football.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd