Author Topic: Rodney Eade had secret Meeting with Tigers Boss Today!!  (Read 2335 times)

PuntRdRoar

Rodney Eade had secret Meeting with Tigers Boss Today!!
« on: July 21, 2004, 09:12:36 PM »
Rocket Eade was flown down by Richmond today, where he held a secret meeting with Tigers Boss Greg Miller. It has come to my knowledge that this meeting happened and that after the meeting Rocket Eade went on SEN and discussed the coaching merry go round. I actually like Eade as a coach. Hes a top Match Day Coach. A good tactician with a fair amount of fire in the belly. Ive also heard he can deliver a fairly heavy spray to his players

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
Re: Rodney Eade had secret Meeting with Tigers Boss Today!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »
Mmmmm i wouldnt mind eade either really. just let miller make all the recruiting side of things. I also read sumwhere that he got Jude Bolton, Crouch, Kirk and other swans players to the side in teh draft. So that is ok
wrenny

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 10:14:04 PM »
Can you confirm this? Beause he was adament he hasnt spkoe to anyone from Richmond on SEN.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 10:20:24 PM »
You will find that Miller is good mates with Eade, also of interest that Miller was behind the move to try and get Mark Harvey to North in the early-mid nineties as a player, that plot thickens :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 11:18:06 PM »
Eade was assistant coach to Pagan before he got the Swans gig. That's why he and Miller are good mates.

As I've mentioned many times before I'm not a fan of Eade. His tactics were very negative (ask any swans fan) and he rode on the back of Lockett on the toy ground that is the SCG.

BTW Jude Bolton was picked up using the draft pick we gave away for Bidders  :banghead
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 02:49:03 AM »
Eade talks to Tigers
22 July 2004   
Herald Sun
Jon Pierik

RICHMOND'S search for a new coach continued yesterday when it opened discussions with Rodney Eade.

Amid the drama at Hawthorn, the Tigers secretly met the former Swans coach in Melbourne to gauge his interest in replacing Danny Frawley next season.

The Tigers spoke with another candidate, Terry Wallace, earlier in the week.

Football operations manager Greg Miller, the man empowered with the greatest say in finding a replacement, and David Parkin, who is also part of the coaching sub-committee, conducted the interview with Eade.

"It was just a preliminary talk," Eade said last night.

"Greg was putting his toe in the water, I was putting my toe in the water, to see whether it's worth going to the next stage, a bit about philosophies and that sort of stuff.

"It was more about whether I would be interested in having another talk down the track, where I saw the club, those sorts of issues, just speaking generically.

"Whether I wanted to coach again, whether I had a passion to coach."

Asked whether he wanted to coach the Tigers, Eade said: "I am interested in coaching again, if any team whoever they be would like me to have a chat to them, I would certainly be interested in having a chat to them.

"Whether that means you are interested in coaching them, I don't know."

But Eade, who quit the Swans midway through 2002, did confirm he was keen to meet the Tigers again.

There was no discussion about contracts while a second meeting may be held next week.

Miller would no comment last night.

While the Tigers face great upheaval if rebel member Michael Pahoff submits his petition and triggers an emergency general meeting, Eade said off-field issues wouldn't play too great a part in his decision to coach a club.

"Melbourne have proved with salary-cap reduction and squabbling at boards and finishing down at the bottom of the ladder, things can be turned around reasonably quickly," he said.

But he said it was vital a prospective coach and board were in unison when it came to rating a club's playing list.

"I think one of the things is their thoughts for the future -- and your thoughts -- and what they need to do are on the same page," he said.

"If the administration think they are a top-eight side and you don't think they are, that can cause a bit of stress and friction down the track.

"The main thing for me from previous experience is that support is unwavering."

Eade, who guided the Swans into the 1996 Grand Final, rejected suggestions he had been tactically a great match-day coach but lacked inspiration during the week.

"A lot of that was a fair bit of embellishment," he said.

"You are supposed to be good on match day. You just don't come up with that on match day. You're planning and training all starts on the Monday."

Eade, a former Hawthorn premiership player, can also expect to receive a call from the Hawks when the embattled club begins its search for a new coach tomorrow.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10207817%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Eade gives hope to rebuilding clubs
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 01:33:56 AM »
Eade gives hope to rebuilding clubs
25 July 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Scot Palmer

COACH-in-waiting Rodney Eade has given hope to the three clubs searching for a man to lead their teams next year.

In a frank assessment, Eade said he does not believe that Adelaide and the politically unstable Richmond and Hawthorn are that far behind the rest of the competition.

"Although these three are further away than they thought they would be at the start of the year, they all have a core of good senior players and some youngsters coming through," Eade said.

The former Swans coach, who has had talks with Richmond and is tipped to be in Adelaide this week to meet the Crows, said it would take several years for some teams to rebuild.

He said, if he secures a coaching job, he thought there could be "one year of tough stuff" ahead.

But he added: "It won't be a totally agonising process."

Eade, along with former teammates Terry Wallace and Gary Ayres and Essendon assistant coach Mark Harvey, is in the mix as the three clubs look for a replacement.

But Eade said the prospects of an extraordinary meeting before the end of the season at Richmond could put the Tigers behind the eight-ball.

He said it would mean the Tigers could not do anything for the next 35 days including talking to players and prospective coaches.

"It's a pretty vital period with the draft coming up and other issues to consider" Eade said.

Speaking on SEN 116, Eade said there was no preference of clubs and emotions would not come into it, even though his former club Hawthorn was among those looking for a replacement coach.

"You get a club that fits you," hesaid.

"If you take any position for the wrong reason, in this case emotion, it's a recipe for disaster."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10236469%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Eade gives hope to rebuilding clubs
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 01:45:23 AM »
The former Swans coach, who has had talks with Richmond and is tipped to be in Adelaide this week to meet the Crows, said it would take several years for some teams to rebuild.

He said, if he secures a coaching job, he thought there could be "one year of tough stuff" ahead.

But he added: "It won't be a totally agonising process."

As much as I'm not a Eade fan, I'm actually glad to hear this statement and would expect to hear this from whoever finally scores the Tigers job.

But Eade said the prospects of an extraordinary meeting before the end of the season at Richmond could put the Tigers behind the eight-ball.

He said it would mean the Tigers could not do anything for the next 35 days including talking to players and prospective coaches.

"It's a pretty vital period with the draft coming up and other issues to consider" Eade said.

Will you now back off Michael for the good of the Club. You can no longer ignore the damage you are causing to the most important decision OUR Club is now facing >:(

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Eade gives hope to rebuilding clubs
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 10:03:33 AM »

Thanks Rodney. If you think it is a problem this petition/EGM stuff then it must be an issue.  Are you reading and listening Mr Pahoff? >:(

I actually heard the interview and thought Eade spoke well - he is my 2nd choice.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 10:12:35 AM »
Excerpt of Rumour from Tiger Talk:

Hawthorn did a deal with Wallace 2 weeks ago that he would be coaching for the next 3 years and he has already started on the list makeup which is what he let slip to Tony Shaw a few days back. Schwab is not happy that all this went on behind his back and will all blow up over the next 3/4 weeks as Dicker was a major instigator.