Author Topic: AFL – The Game Today  (Read 1361 times)

Moi

AFL – The Game Today
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »
Was really hoping the Collingwood/Carlton players wouldn’t pay their fines this week and showed the AFL the things that really matter.

Not the violence - even though I don’t mind it  :thumbsup - but showing that sticking up for your mates is not a thing of the past.

Can you imagine in a war, we had the AFL Commission.  Who would want them fighting with you. Get into a bit of strife and no-one there to support you.

Say someone decks one of our kids and no-one went in to help him out.  They've gotta be able to support each other.

The game is the pits these days.  Surely they can take the melee fines out of the game. 

If they punch someone, they get a penalty anyway, so why not just let it happen.  The umps can keep the game going and that will stop the fighting.  But to be fined for sticking up for one of your team mates, not on IMO.

It's also entertaining  ;D

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: AFL – The Game Today
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »
I like a bit of a melee... it's entertaining to watch boys punch on lol :shh
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:32:45 PM »
and then shake hands afterwards. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »
They should just tell the ump to keep the game going and when a goal is kicked let the player(s) have to face their coaches for costing them a goal. Some of the melees are just two guys going .... yeah .. yeah back at you .. yeah ... and then both thinking to themselves geez I hope this doesn't turn into a fight I could be in a bit of trouble lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd