Author Topic: Kevin Sheedy threads [merged]  (Read 64950 times)

Moi

Re: Kevin Sheedy Cup
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »
We lost a few good men (whatever happened to Boogie Knights, and that suicidal kid from the states).
Boogie is still on the airwaves, but not here  :-X
Well, I don't think he's here lol
Who knows!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »
Sheeds wants a change of scenery. That's great  :clapping

So if he wants a change and he says the change should be Richmond are we all supposed to jump up and down and shout with joy ::)  ;D Don't think so.
The same small minority at Richmond are acting like a poor old sod pining for an ex-love from their youth who hitched up with someone else a long time ago and has moved on  :wallywink.

Reality is that we havent won a flag for 27 years.
We really need a radical changes.
One of the reasons we haven't won a flag for 27 years is because we always make radical changes in the hope of a short-term fix. Changing the board, admin, coach, etc isn't going to add 3-4 years worth of experience to our list overnight.

As for why we failed with the 89-93 young crop? Because we didn't bring another young crop through behind them and didn't have a clue how to use the draft. We always just topped up once we made the finals in 95 and overrated and overpaid our "best" players at the expense of the health of the rest of the list. We did the same again in 2001. Our most talented players recruited b/w 93 and 2003 fell into our lap as Father-Sons - Richo and Joel.

We've paid scant regard to the resources needed to be successful due to our poor finances and constant infighting and instability. Hard to concentrate on moving forward when you are always needing to watch your back  :whistle. No way could we do what Essendon did over summer for Sheeds in regards to pouring $$$ into bringing in the best sports science can offer to Windy Hill. The Bombers are the only Vic club never to have faced the possibility of their club going under.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »
The same small minority at Richmond are acting like a poor old sod pining for an ex-love from their youth who hitched up with someone else a long time ago and has moved on  :wallywink.
Or maybe the sister of said sod  ;)
 :rollin
With the brother of said sod thinking, gee, I could get a job out of this from old Uncle Kevvie  ;)

Life goes on

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34:49 AM »
Or maybe the sister of said sod  ;)
With the brother of said sod thinking, gee, I could get a job out of this from old Uncle Kevvie  ;)

Ha, only if you knew.
Wouldnt worry about ""uncle Kevvie, he has won 5 more flags than Terry Wallet will ever win ;)
You all think Terry can coach, in my opinion he cant.  I should have some knowledge of this dont you think.

Life goes on

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2007, 07:45:44 AM »
Sheeds wants a change of scenery. That's great  :clapping

So if he wants a change and he says the change should be Richmond are we all supposed to jump up and down and shout with joy ::)  ;D Don't think so.

Reality is that we havent won a flag for 27 years.
We really need a radical changes.
One of the reasons we haven't won a flag for 27 years is because we always make radical changes in the hope of a short-term fix. Changing the board, admin, coach, etc isn't going to add 3-4 years worth of experience to our list overnight.

As for why we failed with the 89-93 young crop? Because we didn't bring another young crop through behind them and didn't have a clue how to use the draft. We always just topped up once we made the finals in 95 and overrated and overpaid our "best" players at the expense of the health of the rest of the list. We did the same again in 2001. Our most talented players recruited b/w 93 and 2003 fell into our lap as Father-Sons - Richo and Joel.

We've paid scant regard to the resources needed to be successful due to our poor finances and constant infighting and instability. Hard to concentrate on moving forward when you are always needing to watch your back  :whistle. No way could we do what Essendon did over summer for Sheeds in regards to pouring $$$ into bringing in the best sports science can offer to Windy Hill. The Bombers are the only Vic club never to have faced the possibility of their club going under.

You talk about radical changes, we honored Spuds contract didnt we.
And about resources, if we didnt overpay our senior coach and gave him half the salary eg Alistair Clackson, you wouldnt have the issues you mentioned in reagrds to $$$$$$
You talk about Essendon being the only club never to face the possiblity of going under, I wonder why ? I will tell you why, its properly run, there is my biggest beef. If you think that the Richmond Football Club is properly run, you have another thing coming. Across the board its poorly run!
Example being just ask a person you know who bought something at an auction last year ;) Enough said.

Moi

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2007, 07:50:28 AM »
But you see, Terry doesn't run the club, Jack, he's an employee.
I'm glad you see what he's up against  :rollin

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
and ppl say i go on and on about certain issues  ::)

Moi

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »
Agreed, bagging Terry for everything that goes wrong in this world is a tad tiresome  ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2007, 09:17:14 AM »
Agreed, bagging Terry for everything that goes wrong in this world is a tad tiresome  ::)

just the whole subject now is tired. whether u r 4 terry or against, just let it go and at yrs end we can discuss it again

i used to be all 4 terry, then by rnd 6 or so was dirty on him as i thought he lost the plot.

but the past 4 weeks he has won me over. he has coached pretty good with the kids and list he has. realistically, the ladder and wins mean nothing now, its all about game style. only Geelong uses the corridor more than us, and only by a small margin.
our game plan has held up the past 4 weeks, sure we haven't won , but thats not the game plans fault. lack of experience and crucial turnovers have cost us.

the last month could have been 4 wins for us, but for future list development, its best we lost them.

the bombers on the other hand, should not be bluffed as to where they sit . they have won 3 weeks in a row by default, never deserved the wins, but the footy gods were on their side. watch them crash and burn next yr.

ATM, i say just lets watch the kids develop and improve and forget who should coach us business next yr .

we may be last on the ladder but that means squat at this stage

we are doing pretty good in the clearances, apart from 1 1/2 games our defence has held up

we are no1 team from goals after kick outs
we are no 2 at using the corridor

all this with the 2nd youngest team in the AFL and no ruckmen

i know jack knows his stuff, but when he says terry has a weak game plan i am really starting to doubt that, as the above stats prove the game plan is sound. forget the ladder, whats not helping Terry's game plan is lack of experience and a couple of dud players and on top of that injuries.

we are ATM suffering from short term loss 4 long term gain

all we have to do is get rid of miller , not terry at this stage

don't care if we don't win a game this yr now as the yr is over, just care about our game style, and without looking at the score board, we cant really complain

Life goes on

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »
Yep, subject closed.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
ATM, i say just lets watch the kids develop and improve and forget who should coach us business next yr .
Top post X :clapping :thumbsup

Come November having picks 1, 17, 18 will be the gain for this year's pain.

Bulluss

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
Top post X :clapping :thumbsup

Come November having picks 1, 17, 18 will be the gain for this year's pain.

Typical Richmond luck would see us win a few games in the second half and miss out on the extra pick. The player then picked up with that draft pick would work out to be a gun!!!

Straight out of the Richmond histroy text book.  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »
Typical Richmond luck would see us win a few games in the second half and miss out on the extra pick. The player then picked up with that draft pick would work out to be a gun!!!

Straight out of the Richmond histroy text book.  :thumbsup
That's why we must be very cautious with Simmo and Browny and make sure they are fully right before bringing them back into the seniors. Like around round 20  ;D. If we keep playing 14 cubs each week we should be okay. They gain AFL experience in competitive efforts and we keep our priority pick.

Shame it's not the old system with us looking like the only side which will get a PP. Imagine being able to get both Kreuzer (ruckman) and Cotchin (inside mid). Almost solve our main deficiencies in one hit.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »

don't care if we don't win a game this yr now as the yr is over, just care about our game style, and without looking at the score board, we cant really complain

Excellent post xXx  :clapping :clapping :clapping

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2007, 02:00:18 AM »
A snippet from the Age's article on Sheeds' coaching future:

Sheedy's currency, thus, is limited outside of Windy Hill; his profile is worth more to Essendon than to its competitors. With Terry Wallace entrenched at Tigerland, that old chestnut — the Richmond option — isn't working for him this time.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-sheedy-conundrum/2007/06/28/1182624079146.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1