Author Topic: Blumfield dropped  (Read 2553 times)

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
Blumfield dropped
« on: July 23, 2004, 07:26:41 PM »
In: Chaffey, Houlihan, Dragacevic
Out: Brown, Tuck, Blumfield

B: A.Kellaway, Jackson, Chaffey
HB: Newman, Zantuck, Fiora
C: Bowden, Dragicevic, Pettifer
HF: Tivendale, Richardson, Hartigan
F: Krakouer, Moore, Fleming
FOLL: Ottens, Johnson, Rodan
I/C: Hyde, Houlihan, Hall, Roach
Em: Tuck, Blumfield, Marsh

B: Wheatley, Nicholson, Brown
HB: Broadbridge, Bizzell, Whelan
C: Walsh, Read, Yze
HF: Robertson, Miller, Green
F: Vardy, Neitz, Holland
FOLL: White, Bruce, Heffernan
I/C: Johnstone, McLean, Rigoni, Jolly
Em: Bell, Williams, Ward
wrenny

Ox

Re: Blumfield dropped
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 08:21:09 PM »
Tuck out - Hoolihan In -Yeah right.

I dont mind hooper getting a run but not at the expense of Tuck.

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 09:33:17 PM »
Agreed Ox, Tuck should be playing and starting on the ground. He needs senior experience.

On Blumfield, cant argue his demotion but its funny i heard Dermie, Huddo and in particular Rocket Eade talking about him this afternoon once they heard he had been dropped. Eade said that he thought Blumfield was one of the top midfielders in the comp just before he was traded to Richmond, Dermie said that he was the only player who could cause a miss-match for around 15 minutes by pushing forward and using his marking ability to hurt the opposition.

At 27 this year would it still be worth keeping him for another season to see how he goes? He has had a terrible run with injury and seems to have been having a good run injury wise for the second half of this season. He is out of contract at the end of the year so he couldnt demand anything more than a min. base contract for next year.

I think it would be worth a punt.

What are your thoughts?

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 11:29:03 PM »
Give him another year contract. A preseason and a new coach and palyed on the wing and we will be finally realising why we got him.
wrenny

Ox

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 02:32:39 AM »
I'd like it to pan out that way boys but to me he seems totally disinterested in football in general.

You can tell when a guy isn't into whatever it ishe's doing and i'm of the opinion Daisy has reached that
position in his career.

He's never even looked close to being a part of the club or one of the guys and it would appear
he is happy as an outsider.

if there weren't so many other names on the list that needed the ars Justin would be close to gone.(IMO)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 03:21:40 AM »
In: Chaffey, Houlihan, Dragacevic
Out: Brown, Tuck, Blumfield

Houlihan for Tuck. You have to be kidding  :gobdrop.

Replace a youngish player who can play midfield for a guy who'll be delisted at year's end and most likely spend most of the match on the bench or possessionless in a forward pocket. So much for a youth policy :banghead.   

As for Blumfield. I think it's time to say good-bye. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 03:53:56 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 03:56:27 AM »
Teams: Brown to miss clash
24 July 2004   
Herald Sun
Emily Power

RICHMOND'S Nathan Brown will miss tomorrow's MCG clash against Melbourne with an acute corked calf.

The Tiger forward severely injured the right muscle against St Kilda last week and was unable to train this week, visiting a doctor on Tuesday.

"We went to the hospital and we tried to see if we could drain some blood out of it because there is blood all the way up the leg," Brown said on Triple M radio yesterday.

"He said that is probably not the best thing to do. It could get infected, that could lead to other bad things, (like) blood clotting and amputation."

Richmond football manager Greg Hutchison said Brown, one of the leading contenders for the club's best-and-fairest, managed bike work yesterday, and was expected to be fit for next week's match against Collingwood.

"It's just a general rehabilitation phase that he's in now," Hutchison said.

"It won't keep him out for the remainder of the season. We're optimistic that he'll be available next week. You just have to monitor things on a daily basis to see how the injury is progressing."

Shane Tuck and Justin Blumfield have been dropped from the side that lost to St Kilda last week.

Experienced defender Mark Chaffey returns, along with Adam Houlihan and Marc Dragicevic for their first senior games of the season.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10226244%255E19771,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 04:20:59 AM »
If this is a send off game for Houlihan, then fair enough. Other than that, there is no justification for having him in the team. There is nothing he can show that we don't already know about him.

As for Blumfield, his main strength was his vertical leap and marking ability. I haven't seen him get off the ground in 2 years. Looks unfit, lethargic and uninterested. Given the amount of spam we have to delete at the end of the year, i'd be willing to give him another chance if he shows some interest pre season, if not, time to retire.