Author Topic: Tiger fall was 'inevitable' - March  (Read 1889 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger fall was 'inevitable' - March
« on: May 24, 2007, 03:26:08 AM »
Tiger fall was 'inevitable'
Jake Niall | May 24, 2007 | The Age

RICHMOND president Gary March has called the Tigers' decline this year an "inevitable" result of retirements and injuries and revealed the club had been braced for a tough year in either 2006 or 2007.

March, who assumed the presidency from Clinton Casey shortly after Terry Wallace took over as senior coach, explained that Richmond's descent from ninth to the ladder's lower reaches was the result of a massive loss of experienced players over the past two years, combined with the absence of its most influential players Nathan Brown and Troy Simmonds.

March predicted, however, that the Tigers would climb back up the ladder to vie for a spot in the eight next year, and were capable of pushing the top four in 2009.

The Tigers president said the club had lost veterans Wayne Campbell, Greg Stafford, Andrew Kellaway, Darren Gaspar, Mark Chaffey and Rory Hilton, since the end of 2005, when Campbell and Hilton finished up. He said the upshot of the exodus was that Richmond's team last weekend had an aggregate of 1500 games of experience, compared to Sydney's 2900.

"We knew that one of either 2006 or 2007 was going to be a tough year … We knew that at some stage — we had 300 games Wayne Campbell, Greg Stafford 200 games, Mark Chaffey just shy of 200, Andrew Kellaway just shy of 200, Darren Gaspar just on 200. Rory Hilton well over 100. It's certainly a lot of experience that's out of the side."

March said the exodus of veterans exposed the club's lack of 100-game players, or the middle bracket, that could carry the team, but that it would improve significantly as Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Richard Tambling and Nathan Foley pushed towards 70 games.

"Something had to give at some stage." March said he had expected the ageing group's demise to hit "last year or this year … it sort of happened this year instead. That's not an excuse."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-fall-was-inevitable/2007/05/23/1179601488731.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Tiger fall was 'inevitable' - March
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:42:25 AM »
Absolute rubbish March, don't pi$$ down our backs and tell us it's raining.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
RFC needs to learn when to shut up

It's Rory's fault  :lol  :wallywink

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:26:53 PM »

::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 10:39:01 PM »
Tiger fall was 'inevitable'
Jake Niall | May 24, 2007 | The Age

RICHMOND president Gary March has called the Tigers' decline this year an "inevitable" result of retirements and injuries and revealed the club had been braced for a tough year in either 2006 or 2007.

March, who assumed the presidency from Clinton Casey shortly after Terry Wallace took over as senior coach, explained that Richmond's descent from ninth to the ladder's lower reaches was the result of a massive loss of experienced players over the past two years, combined with the absence of its most influential players Nathan Brown and Troy Simmonds.

March predicted, however, that the Tigers would climb back up the ladder to vie for a spot in the eight next year, and were capable of pushing the top four in 2009.

The Tigers president said the club had lost veterans Wayne Campbell, Greg Stafford, Andrew Kellaway, Darren Gaspar, Mark Chaffey and Rory Hilton, since the end of 2005, when Campbell and Hilton finished up. He said the upshot of the exodus was that Richmond's team last weekend had an aggregate of 1500 games of experience, compared to Sydney's 2900.

"We knew that one of either 2006 or 2007 was going to be a tough year … We knew that at some stage — we had 300 games Wayne Campbell, Greg Stafford 200 games, Mark Chaffey just shy of 200, Andrew Kellaway just shy of 200, Darren Gaspar just on 200. Rory Hilton well over 100. It's certainly a lot of experience that's out of the side."

March said the exodus of veterans exposed the club's lack of 100-game players, or the middle bracket, that could carry the team, but that it would improve significantly as Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Richard Tambling and Nathan Foley pushed towards 70 games.

"Something had to give at some stage." March said he had expected the ageing group's demise to hit "last year or this year … it sort of happened this year instead. That's not an excuse."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-fall-was-inevitable/2007/05/23/1179601488731.html

Safe to say this clown wont be having too much to say come seasons end ;) ;) Shut the door on the way out Gary ::)

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »
wasnt 2007 going to be the year we were going to get respect or am I mistaken that that article about getting respect never happened. :scream

Life goes on

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
wasnt 2007 going to be the year we were going to get respect or am I mistaken that that article about getting respect never happened. :scream
\

Yes, it was, As Gary said earlier this year, the year of respect..  8 rounds later and you get this dribble ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 05:55:54 PM »
Speaking of March, he was standing in the race at the start of training as was Steven Wright. Wright and Plough had long jovial discussion before Plough ran out.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »
Safe to say this clown wont be having too much to say come seasons end ;) ;) Shut the door on the way out Gary ::)

Why Jack? Because MR Crazy and the faceless ones say so?

Give me a break.

Gary March is no clown he is a passionate paid up Richmond person has been all his life that is a fact.

Granted the comments in the article were not called for but.......... I would like to read or hear the entire trranscript of the conversation/interview. What's reported seems to me to have been  put together by taking piece of an interview and making a story.

Have a look at article earlier in the week by that twit Robinson from the HUN wrote about Keenett - titles "Appalling" and then read the full transcript that was in the HUN a few days later - talking about adding a few lines to make it sound worse than what it was  ::)

SOmetimes it is better not to say anything to the media
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
But, if you make decisions and say things that are wrong and incorrect, it may be time to move on. Thats all I will say
His comments he makes to the media are pathetic actually.
Shouldnt have said anything at all.

Ramps

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »
My problem is that we are bottom of the ladder, we havent won a game, and our website is full of poo. The comments coming out of Punt Rd from Administrators, Coaches, Players should just stop. Its an embarrassment. It really is! Maybe they dont get it, but if they shut up and just go about there business they might actually get somewhere. RFC reminds me of work places where youll always find 1 or 2 people who talk the talk but stuff there full of it. JUST DO YOUR JOBS!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
My problem is that we are bottom of the ladder, we havent won a game, and our website is full of pooh. The comments coming out of Punt Rd from Administrators, Coaches, Players should just stop. Its an embarrassment. It really is! Maybe they dont get it, but if they shut up and just go about there business they might actually get somewhere. RFC reminds me of work places where youll always find 1 or 2 people who talk the talk but eff there full of it. JUST DO YOUR JOBS!
:clapping

Maybe if they learnt to shut up they also wouldn't contradict themselves half the time and insult us supporters' intelligence.

The Telstra AFL sites are a embarrassment full stop  :scream.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »
Totally agree with the previous posts.
Club in the position should just shut and and get back to work and not worry about trying to tow the company line in public by coming up with what they believe as plausible positive responces to glaring errors and omissions. :banghead