Author Topic: A Real Petition  (Read 1956 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
A Real Petition
« on: July 24, 2004, 04:49:29 PM »
I was talking to another Tiger supporter earlier today and we were discussing the current petiton.

I made the comment that I reckon that if I stood outside the MCG tomorrow with a petition that said "not in favour of an EGM" and asked members to sign it I would get over 100 signatures very very quickly.

Actually, it is frigthening to think how many signatures you would get when you consider the number of people who are saying they are against what the other bloke is trying to do.

Thoughts? Signatures? :bow

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

Re: A Real Petition
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 04:57:01 PM »
I'll sign WT - what gate will you be at lol
This guy is a jerk - the people who have been encouraging him are jerks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 05:02:44 PM »
 :bow

I'd sign it WP. Time to tell Mr Pahoff to nick off  :thumbsup.

He and his tiny minority don't speak for us!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 05:09:49 PM »
In my view Casey has offered a reasonable compromise to hold an election in January.  Personally I think it should be a full board election not just the presidential election. It is not ideal, but its a reasonable compromise.

If we have an EGM and a blood letting where does it leave us.

At the moment members would be forced into making a very uniformed decision as to who to vote for.  We don't even know what the full composition of the alternate ticket is.

January would at least give us time to look at all options and they would have time to get there tickets and policies together.  They could all lay it out in the open rather than all this cloak and dagger stuff that is going on at the moment.

The current board could get on with appointing the best coach available.  CASEY won't be appointing the coach MILLER will be.  CASEY name will be in name only.  he will take the advice of MILLER.

Surely a prospective coach would be much more comfortable knowing that the Presidency will be decided by an open and clean election process.  No EGM's or major blood letting via processes driven by outdated constitutions which provide the absolute minority with unrealistic power.

I am not supporting CASEY here, but I think his offer to hold an election in January provides a much cleaner alternative which gives everyone time to put there cases.

The issue with Casey is not the coaches appointment or the recruiting.  This will be done by MILLER and the Football department.  The issue with CASEY is the perillous financial position of the club and by January the members should be in a far clearer position as to what the true financial position is.  If it is better than predicted it will good but if it has blown out as predicted then the members will surely vote accordingly.

If the members allow any coaches appointment or recruiting decisions to influence there vote on Casey in January then we are in serious trouble.

This is a very delicate time and we MUST get it right.

:banghead

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 05:35:10 PM »
I'd sign WP.
Bit worried about a petition to stop a petition and an EGM to stop an EGM though. :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 12:21:16 AM »
I will sign it, again and again,  Actually ,I am good at forgeries, lol