Author Topic: Who enjoyed what they saw in the 3rd  (Read 677 times)

richmondrules

Who enjoyed what they saw in the 3rd
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:50:16 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry to be starting a thread with my 3rd post but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the 3rd quarter. I'm afraid I didn't watch the 4th having been glued to the internet and knowing the result, I'm afraid I just couldn't watch it. Looks like we lost the plot a bit at the end.

How good was Lids running off half back. I was beginning to get a bit worried about him but watching him take the game by the scruff of the neck restored the faith in me. He's going to be elite no doubt about it. The other guys young and old really fed off his class and some of our direct football we played was just stunning.

Jack is going to be a champ. He didn't do too much but I watched him give Fletcher a push after a contest with some real agro. You can tell he rates himself. He had a hand in a couple of goals too. After Jacko's miracle goal at the end of the second (thanks to Jack's quick hands) he really celebrated with gusto. His enthusiasm is contagious, I was watching the expressions on the guys faces when Jack was around and they looked really animated. It's players like this that will galvanise a young team. How was Jack trying to take that mark over Richo at the end of the first. This guy doesn't take a step back, talk about confidence. Richo was peeed off but I was pleased to see him encourage Jack rather than chastise.

How good was Richo? This guy is the heart and soul of the club. What courage. I'll forgive the big guy all his faults. What a huge loss he will be when he retires.

Tambo got crunched again. I've been watching him and he really is a bit lost at the moment. One day things are going to click and heaven help the opposition when it does.

richmondrules

Re: Who enjoyed what they saw in the 3rd
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
Damn press enter by mistake.

I finally wanted to mention Jackson. This kid has been a real conundrum to me but today I saw the best game I have seen from him. I think that perhaps there is some hope for him after all.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 01:09:06 AM »
The more threads the merrier. Gives us more things to talk about  :thumbsup.

Lids, Rainesy, Polak, Joel, Newy and Howat were the cornerstone of that 3rd quarter. The backline stood up well tonight and gave us plenty of run. They also kept Lloyd and Lucas goalless that quarter which dried up Essendon's scoring. Patto showed plenty of desperation. Foley was great again and it was Tuck's best game in a long time IMO.

In the end the team ran out of legs and we tried to slow the game down. We got smashed around the stoppages in the last 5-10 minutes. We lost out shape and the game turned into russian roulette circle work which suited Essendon with Lloyd, Lucas, McPhee and co allowed to lead into space.

I thought personally Jack was a bit overawed out there tonight and got a bit lost with the pace of AFL. It was only his first game so it's a good learning experience and there's plenty of time. He'll learn you need to work harder without the footy at this level. Both defensively and to keep presenting yourself. Edwards and Danny  :-\ didn't do much either. They all spent most of the time on the bench which probably hurt our rotations.

I was surprised Tambo's teammates didn't make more of deal about the hit on him and remonstrated with Lucas. The same goes for the ump as the hit was after Tambo was held without the ball which got him a free.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 01:32:44 AM »
......the game turned into russian roulette circle work........
I thought it was all night. 4 quarters of mistake riddled circle work by both teams.
My Melbourne supporting youngest son was with me and kept telling me it wasn't too bad. That made me feel a bit better but he's been watching his team play rubbish football and was probably more taken at being part of a crowd over 20,000 for a change.
That's the game now, I suppose. I'll just have to get over it. Tactics from sports I don't particularly care for are becoming more prevalent and contentious rule changes are making footy something that is not what I grew up with.
End of whinge.

Yeah, the 3rd quarter was the best for us. Tivendale hasn't been mentioned, I thought he was very good in that quarter and his field kicking was excellent (except the right foot kick).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 02:19:06 AM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott