Author Topic: OER in Second Life  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
OER in Second Life
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:15:31 PM »
Gday from "Second Life " all you fellow OER members and guests

Yes that is Fluffy Tiger or as I am know in Second Life   Fluffy Beerbaum.

I have been spending a lot of time in second life for the last eight weeks and that is why my dreamteam performance has not been up to its usaul standard but I am sure you don't mind that. I am having a blast and as you can see from the photo that I have taken my support of the Tigers with me. I have purcahsed a Tigers Tshirt and wear it quite often. In the background is my gallery/house that I built.

Why am I telling you all this, well I would love to have some fellow OER members join me in second Life so we could sit around and talk about if Richo would make a good captian or if we should trade Lids and the end of the year etc. Yes I know we could (and do and still would) talk about this here on the OER site but it would be great to sit around with CUB or Mopsy or Moi (and many others) look them in the face (or thier avatars face) and tell them in real time what I think.

I have a link if you would life to join up below and I am willing to make and pay for a group called the OER group on second life if I get any interest. Basic accounts are free and I would be willing to show any OER member the ropes (yes there is a learning curve) especaily this week while my english "Second Life" girlfriend is away (shh don't tell the real life wife). I have chosen to be life like looking male in SL but you can be anything you want, a dragon, robot or even a Tiger. If I had my choice I would be a life like female as the fashoins are fantastic but I just don't think I could get away with playing a femele role.

If you are already a SL resident please look up Fluffy Beerbaum and give me a IM or click on the SLURL below to go to my house. We can start the OER group of with a meeting at my place or on top of the harbour bridge if you want. Join up with me, its a blast, but please be prepared, it is a over 18 year old only place.

Second Life  -  refered my Fluffy Berrbaum  -------   http://www.secondlife.com/?u=f6b7439612fd4793a2ecd9f32e996fc5

Current Players  --------  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Artemisia/32/137/23/?u=f6b7439612fd4793a2ecd9f32e996fc5

Your OER member and Second Life Tiger supporter, Fluffy Tiger or Fluffy Beerbaum
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Moi

Re: OER in Second Life
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 08:24:11 PM »
I tried it but didn't know WTF was going on lol

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
I tried it but didn't know WTF was going on lol

Well Moi I am willing and able to help any OER meber (or guest) with the ropes.  Just log on and Message Fluffy Beerbaum,
I will come to you and help. If you can get though the first few times learning then you can discover one hell of a world.

Moi

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:57:16 PM »
Rosalita Hird  :shh

Moi

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
I just don't think I could get away with playing a femele role.
You call yourself Fluffy and you're worried about playing a female role  :rollin

Okay, I'm lost - I don't even know how to find your profile  :wallywink

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
Rosalita when you log on next you will see a request for friednship from me, if you accpet that I can telport you to where ever I am and help

Moi

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »
Poor Fluffy = doesn't realise he's dealing with the biggest tech moron of all time  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »
I don't have cable at home but a mate of mine showed me his Second Life a couple of weeks ago. He had forgotten about it for a few weeks and when he checked the room he was in was full of people checking him out because he hadn't moved in that time lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
I don't have cable at home but a mate of mine showed me his Second Life a couple of weeks ago. He had forgotten about it for a few weeks and when he checked the room he was in was full of people checking him out because he hadn't moved in that time lol.

Well as a rule the system dosn't work like that becasue when you log of you disappear from veiw of others. However it wouldn't be the first time I have seen somebody standing in the one spot and not moving for a long time.

Come on you OER members and guests give it a go, there is a big rich world of things to do in SL and you don't even have to move from the place you are now. My offer to help still stands to all.

Fluffy Tiger   -  Second Life  Fluffy Beerbaum

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
Im thinking of giving it a go in the next few weeks. I heard some people are making money out of it to lol.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 04:45:48 PM »
Im thinking of giving it a go in the next few weeks. I heard some people are making money out of it to lol.

Well the offer to show the ropes still stands to Ramps, any other OER member or guest. I am in World most nights at 7pm and every morning at various times.

Yes there are some making money out of SL Ramps. But it all depends on what talents you can bring into SL. I prefer the social side of it and have made a ton of friends from all around the world. No OER members yet have contacted me in SL but I hope there will be some. 

Fluffy Beerbaum in SL.  Fluffy Tiger here

Second Life  -  refered by Fluffy Beerbaum  -------   http://www.secondlife.com/?u=f6b7439612fd4793a2ecd9f32e996fc5

Moi

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 05:12:21 PM »
Fluffy, I'm getting email notifications of people inviting me, but there's nought I can do about it because I haven't got a clue.

:help

:rollin

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »
Well Moi I have left you a message and I will help you anytime I can. I will just have to put the old dusty software support hat back on.

Anybody else is also quite welcome to join up. Basic account are free and you do almost everything with one.

Second Life  -  reffered my Fluffy Berrbaum  -------   http://www.secondlife.com/?u=f6b7439612fd4793a2ecd9f32e996fc5

Current Players  --------  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Artemisia/32/137/23/?u=f6b7439612fd4793a2ecd9f32e996fc5

Moi

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 02:22:43 PM »
Fluffy, here's a special from Four Corners on it.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/specials.htm

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
I'm there but have NFI - Just customising atm.

CUB Huldschinsky - has landed.

Computer gets hogged at home and blocked at work so dont know how much I will be around, but I am here and have a Second Life :rollin