Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 4909 times)

froars

Baseball
« on: July 25, 2004, 10:20:31 AM »
Just had my heart in my mouth after i backed Boston to beat Yankees this morning.  They just scraped home by one run 11 to 10.

Do we have any fans here?  I'm interested in hearing who you think will win MLB here.  I haven't got a clue, but need some idea if i'm going to place these stupid bets lol.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
Re: Baseball
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 01:09:43 PM »
Im a big fan froars.
I follow the Chicago Cubs who are a contender this year,but dont punt on them just yet as they have heaps of injuries.
The Yankees will win the American league as usual (yawn) :sleep l hate em, the Collingwood of baseball.
The national league is a bit of a raffle, with the San Francisco Giants, The St Louis Cardinals, and hopefully the Cubs the contenders.
Im hoping for a Cubs Vs Red Sox world series with the Cubs breaking their 95 year hoodoo  :cheers
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 10:24:50 PM »
I follow the Chicago Cubs who are a contender this year,but dont punt on them just yet as they have heaps of injuries.
The Yankees will win the American league as usual (yawn) :sleep l hate em, the Collingwood of baseball.
The national league is a bit of a raffle, with the San Francisco Giants, The St Louis Cardinals, and hopefully the Cubs the contenders.
Im hoping for a Cubs Vs Red Sox world series with the Cubs breaking their 95 year hoodoo  :cheers

I follow the MLB too - and I follow the Yankees - have for nearly 20 years. The Yankees are hated.

My advice to you froars is this:

1/ The Red Sox are OK during the normal season - though are about 7 games behind the Yankees at the moment. It is in the post season when they faulter - everyone reckons they are cursed as they haven't won a World Series sicne they traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees. think Colliwobbles and you'll get the drift regarding the BoSox.

2/ If the Atlanta Braves make it to the post season - don't get excited as they always win there division then lose but the people in Atlanta seem to be satisfied with that - think Port Adelaide and you'll get the drift.

3/ If the Cubbies make it they are good bet because they have excellent hitters - Sammy Sosa. And I would not mind a Chicago Cubs -v- Chicago White Sox World Series - now that would be fun. Good pitching , good hitting - great ;)

4/ If the Yankees don't look like making it don't worry - they will buy their way out of it ;). Crazy Goerge the Yankees owner I salute you :bow. Boogieknights would probably spit on you :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:41:22 PM »
Just had my heart in my mouth after i backed Boston to beat Yankees this morning.  They just scraped home by one run 11 to 10.

Arghhhhh.............I had to bring this back to the top as history continued to repeat.

The Yankees beat Boston 10-7 in the first game of the American League Championship Series.  :thumbsup

NY was leading 8-0 but the Red Sox came back in the 8th to get back to 8-7 but final score 10-7

:cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Baseball - I am so depressed
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:26:58 PM »
After leading the best of 7 series 3-0 the Yankees blew 2 games in a row. Game 4 they were leading 4-3 and lost 6-4 in 12 innings and then game 5 they led 4-2 in the 8th - blew the lead (picture richo missing from 15 metres out and you'll get the pain :help) and then managed to get beaten in 14 innings 5-4.

Then (and this has just finished) the have got beaten today at home 4-2.

Series tied 3-3 with the final game tomorrow.

Not happy at all :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

>:( :banghead >:( :banghead >:( :banghead >:( :banghead

froars

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 02:34:05 PM »
Try putting your money on them and see how you feel lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 02:44:01 PM »
Try putting your money on them and see how you feel lol

:'( :'( :'( :'(

That doesn't help  :lol

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 02:08:56 AM »
With Boston breaking their curse there's hope for us poor Tiger fans.

Hope we don't have to wait 86 years to win the flag though  :o. At least as cranky old plantium members we'd automatically get grand final tickets  ;D.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 10:55:50 PM »
 At least as cranky old plantium members we'd automatically get grand final tickets  ;D.

Says me taking offence I will be platinum next year and yes I might be cranky after all these years but dont consider myself old only 39. :thumbsup

Ohh and by the way since when do any category of reward get grany tickets Not even the 50 + yellow and black members get GF tickets. to my knowledge. ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 02:14:09 AM »
At least as cranky old plantium members we'd automatically get grand final tickets  ;D.

Says me taking offence I will be platinum next year and yes I might be cranky after all these years but dont consider myself old only 39. :thumbsup

Ohh and by the way since when do any category of reward get grany tickets Not even the 50 + yellow and black members get GF tickets. to my knowledge. ;D

Oops ;D... I typed the wrong category CUB. I meant the Y&B category. I think they do get GF tickets.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 04:52:56 PM »

Oops ;D... I typed the wrong category CUB. I meant the Y&B category. I think they do get GF tickets.

Yeah that's right MT the Y&B category of the Rewards & Recognition are guaranteed GF final tickets.