Author Topic: Polak eagerly awaiting Fremantle clash  (Read 735 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak eagerly awaiting Fremantle clash
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Polak eagerly awaiting Fremantle clash
June 5, 2007 - 4:54PM
The Age

The more Fremantle fans boo Graham Polak in this Sunday's AFL match, the better for Richmond coach Terry Wallace.

"I'd be happy if you got booed 20-plus times," Wallace said, referring to the number of possessions he hopes the defender gains.

While last Saturday night's draw against Brisbane represented the first premiership points for Richmond in a barren season so far, Polak has been a big plus for the Tigers.

Traded from the Dockers last year, the 22-year-old has performed well mainly in defence, but also in the ruck and up forward.

Wallace said Polak would be featuring prominently in the club's best-and-fairest voting.

"He'd most-likely be in our top three, certainly top five, if I was to have a guesstimate at it," Wallace said.

"He's had some fairly solid roles, contributed in the ruck, a very good game down forward (against the Western Bulldogs)."

Polak hopes he will take on Dockers captain Matthew Pavlich at Subiaco and has been waiting for this match since he first read the season fixture.

"I'd love to, he's been a great player obviously and it would be a real test," Polak said of Pavlich.

"I'm that excited about the game, it's probably one I earmarked at the start of the year."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Polak-eagerly-awaiting-Fremantle-clash/2007/06/05/1180809502316.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Polak eagerly awaiting Fremantle clash
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
Hope he can push forward at times during the game and kick a goal to stick it up them. Let's also hope our boys all run up to him to show support and fly the flag when Polak does something special.

Polak - Pavlich
Thursty - Tarrant
Joel - Headcase or Webster.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polak puts up hand for Pavlich (The Age)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:06:34 AM »
Polak puts up hand for Pavlich
Martin Boulton | June 6, 2007 | The Age

GRAHAM Polak is lobbying his coach for the job on former Fremantle teammate Matthew Pavlich when Richmond travels to Subiaco this weekend.

"I'd love to, he's been a great player and it would be a real test," Polak said yesterday.

Far from being anxious about the return to Perth, Polak has been looking forward to the round-11 match ever since the 2007 fixture was released.

Polak played 73 games with the Dockers before being traded at the end of last year and already has played in attack, the ruck and defence this year.

Now he wants coach Terry Wallace to let him line up against his former skipper — a role Wallace suggested could be on the cards after Polak's good form in defence. "He has had some really solid roles in the ruck, he played a very good game forward against the Bulldogs and, since he's gone back, he's been really solid for the team," Wallace said.

After playing every game so far this season, Wallace said the 22-year-old also should be polling well in the club's best-and-fairest voting.

"I think he'd be in our top three, certainly our top five," he said.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/polak-wants-pavlich/2007/06/05/1180809519150.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
Would love to see Polak beat Pavlich

2JD

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
I hope he shines! I think he's my new fav player, got a lot of promise that young man ;D