Author Topic: Paris out of jail in 3 days  (Read 5550 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Paris out of jail in 3 days
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:16:01 AM »
So much for facing reality  ::).

Paris Hilton freed from jail
Reuters
June 07, 2007 12:00am

HOTEL heiress Paris Hilton was released from prison yesterday for medical reasons after serving just over three days of a 23-day sentence but she will be confined to her home for 40 days, officials said.

Steve Whitmore of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's office said Hilton had been "reassigned" though he declined to give specific information on her medical condition for privacy reasons.

Hilton, a symbol of privilege and American celebrity culture, will have to wear an electronic monitoring device on her ankle to ensure she does not go out for the next 40 days.

"With extensive consultation with medical personnel it was decided this reassignment should be done," Whitmore told reporters in Los Angeles.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress and star of reality television show The Simple Life was originally sentenced to 45 days for violating probation, but that was cut to 23 days for good behavior.

Hilton was arrested on charges of drunken driving in September.

In January, she pleaded no contest - the equivalent of a guilty plea - to a reduced charge of alcohol-related reckless driving. She was sentenced to three years' probation and had her licence suspended.

But she was caught driving on a suspended licence in February, when police stopped her for speeding and with her headlights off at night. A traffic court judge ruled on May 4 that Hilton's latest offence constituted a probation violation.

She was released yesterday and the sheriff said she would be credited with five days incarceration, including Sunday and Thursday, even though she actually only spent three full days in prison.

Before she entered prison, a contrite Hilton admitted to feeling scared.

"This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make ... Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence," she said.

She was held at a jail in Lynwood, about 24km from Los Angeles. She was due to be housed in a unit for celebrities and high-profile inmates at the jail, separated from the general prison population, officials have said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21869832-661,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Paris out of jail in 3 days
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
Paris 'mentally fragile', let out of jail
Friday Jun 8 05:00 AEST
By ninemsn staff

Paris Hilton has been let out of jail just three days into her 45-day sentence, after a controversial celebrity psychiatrist declared she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress will instead spend the next 40 days under house arrest, with an electronic monitoring device on her ankle to ensure she does not attempt to leave her home, authorities said.

House arrest should not cramp the style of the infamous party-girl. Hilton is allowed visitors during her confinement and there are no restrictions on the use of alcohol, according to TMZ.com, a celebrity website that has a relationship with Hilton.

Psychiatrist Charles Sophy, who visited Hilton in jail twice over the past two days, reportedly told the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department yesterday that Hilton's mental state was fragile.

The approval to release Paris on condition of house arrest was based on Dr Sophy's psychological evaluation, TMZ.com reports.

But Los Angeles district attorney Rocky Delgadillo described the explanation for Hilton’s release as "puzzling".

"News reports indicate that the Sheriff's Department released Ms Hilton to house arrest due to a medical condition.

"This explanation is puzzling. Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates."

Paris thanked authorities for her "fair" release in a written statement.

"I want to thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and staff of the Century Regional Detention Center for treating me fairly and professionally. I am going to serve the remaining 40 days of my sentence. I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes," the statement read.

Steve Remige, the president of the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs, said Paris did not deserve to be let out so early.

"There appears to have been preferential treatment." Remige said. "This is not the first time that this has happened. Remember Mel Gibson."

"On any given day, a thousand female inmates are in custody. Why is one case, out of the blue, treated any different than them?" LA County Supervisor Don Knabe has also hit out at the decision.

"This incident with Paris Hilton is just the most recent that highlights the problems our criminal justice system has with making sure sentences stick, whether it is in a County jail or under electronic monitoring," Knabe said.

It is not the first time Dr Sophy has helped Paris out of a bind.

Last month, when Paris was facing trial on unrelated charges of slandering socialite Zeta Graph, he told the judge that she was "emotionally distraught and traumatized" over her jail sentence, and could not appear in court. That trial will resume in August.

During the Michael Jackson molestation case in 2003, Dr Sophy is believed to have leaked sensitive information to the media.

On the television show Celebrity Justice, he later admitted: "I'm involved in the Jackson case ... but not the way that you think."

Hilton was arrested on charges of drunken driving in September.

In January, she pleaded no contest — the equivalent of a guilty plea — to a reduced charge of alcohol-related reckless driving. She was sentenced to three years' probation and had her licence suspended.

But she was caught driving on a suspended licence in February, when police stopped her for speeding and with her headlights off at night. A traffic court judge ruled on May 4 that Hilton's latest offence constituted a probation violation.

Well we all knew she was mentally fragile.  What a joke!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:14:57 PM »
She's been ordered back to court tomorrow for a hearing on whether she should be returned to jail.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21870708-2902,00.html

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
 :pray :pray :pray

That girl needs a good beating  :lol
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Sauce

• i wish i was
  • Premiership Captain
  • Ohhh must of eaten a bad curry!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »
jeez i wonder what would happen if she dropped the soap  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 01:29:22 PM »
Well we all knew she was mentally fragile.  What a joke!
She had a nervous breakdown when she broke a fingernail.

You've got to love the punishment. Confined to a mansion with a pool and the works spending nights inviting people over for huge parties. Yep she'll learn her lesson that way  :whistle.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 05:14:31 PM »
And straight back in - deserved of a ROFL me thinks  :lol :rollin..... poor thing

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »
And straight back in - deserved of a ROFL me thinks  :lol :rollin..... poor thing
LOL

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 05:52:29 PM »

Welcome back to cell block H Paris. Wanna help me with the linen press?  ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Paris finds God in jail
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »
Paris finds God in jail
June 12, 2007 12:00am
Article from: Reuters

IT HAS only taken a matter of days, but imprisoned hotel heiress Paris Hilton has seen the light.

The socialite says God has spoken to her from behind her bars and she is no longer "a superficial girl" and realises the "acting dumb" is not a good look for a woman of 26.

Hilton revealed her enlightenment in a call to television journalist Barbara Walters yesterday, who recounted the conversation on her ABC television show, The View.

"I'm not the same person I was," Hilton told Walters.

"I used to act dumb. It was an act ... and that act is no longer cute. It is not who I am.

"I know now that I can make a difference, that I have the power to do that. I have been thinking that I want to do different things when I am out of here.

"I have become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance."

She says she was released from jail earlier because she was having "a horrible experience".

"I was not eating or sleeping," the heiress said.

When she is released, Hilton says, she might become a campaigner in the fields of breast cancer or multiple sclerosis, or build a "Paris Hilton playhouse" for sick children.

She doesn't even care that her skin is dry from lack of moisturiser, having come to the belated conclusion that there are more important things than her reflection.

"It doesn't matter," she said, "I haven't looked in the mirror since I got here."
 http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21889041-5012974,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 06:15:04 AM »
Paris saying she's found God in jail reminds me of a Goodies episode where their house is covered over by a solid cement building and Tim, Graham and Bill are completely isolated off from the rest of the world. Paris is showing the same behaviour lol. Next we'll hear her scream "I'm a teapot, I'm a teapot"  ;D.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 07:06:39 AM »
Did she say what He's in for?  8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »
 :rollin Fish

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »
;D FF and Moi.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Did she say what He's in for?  8)
very pithy, fishy.

If you could draw you'd make a cartoonist!