Author Topic: Can someone please give us a report on Jhonsons game?  (Read 1160 times)

Ox

Can someone please give us a report on Jhonsons game?
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »
I'm interested as i didn't see it.........I kow he again turned it overin the last few minutes by dropping the mark ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Can someone please give us a report on Jhonsons game?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:41:19 AM »
18 disposals. 9 kicks, 9 handballs. On the radio he sounded solid at best with not much standout influence so he'll probably get bagged for it :outtahere.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 12:57:16 AM »
I'm interested as i didn't see it.........I kow he again turned it overin the last few minutes by dropping the mark ?

I thought Johnson was okay. Nothing special just an average sort of game . I don't blame him for the dropping of the mark I thought the kick by Jackson was too short in the first place after he had then taken an eternity to actually kick it to him thus enabling the Fremantle player to get to the contest and force the spoil or error whichever way you want to look at it. Furthermore the fact that we had clawed back the deficit to 12 points having kicked the last 2 goals to that stage and we were going forward with 5:30 or so left compounded to make this passage one of the biggest plays of the day as Freo went on to kick 3 points in succession after that which then  led to the Peake goal from an elementary error from Lids who stumbled and fumbled on a kick in and stretched the margin to 21 points yet Brett was universally seen as one of our best. I am resigned that it wasn't meant to be one way or another but our application, spirit and desire was in no doubt evident from all involved. 8)

Ox

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:03:44 AM »

I thought Johnson was okay. Nothing special just an average sort of game . I don't blame him for the dropping of the mark I thought the kick by Jackson was too short in the first place after he had then taken an eternity to actually kick it to him thus enabling the Fremantle player to get to the contest and force the spoil or error whichever way you want to look at it. Furthermore the fact that we had clawed back the deficit to 12 points having kicked the last 2 goals to that stage and we were going forward with 5:30 or so left compounded to make this passage one of the biggest plays of the day. We must not forget Peake goaled from an elementary error from Lids who stumbled and fumbled on a kick in also late in the game yet Brett was one of our best. I am resigned that it wasn't meant to be one way or another but our application, spirit and desire was in no doubt evident from all involved. 8)

Cheers.

Good answer :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 09:48:38 AM »

Just on that dropped mark. What needs to also be pointed out that Johnson was the WRONG option.

Jackson took what seemed like 20 minutes to kick the bloody thing.

Don't know if they mentioned it on the box but I can assure you had Richo 10 metres in the clean in the forward pocket (20-25 metres out). Kingsly on another lead on the opposite side to Richo and about 40 metres our. Huges lurking down in the goal square and few others presenting themselves. Johnson was about 5-6 metres clear of his opponent about 20 seconds prior to the kick. By the time the ball was kicked he was manned up - needed to hit him on the chest. It was a very poor and costly turnover IMO.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »
Just on that dropped mark. What needs to also be pointed out that Johnson was the WRONG option.

Jackson took what seemed like 20 minutes to kick the bloody thing.

Johnson was about 5-6 metres clear of his opponent about 20 seconds prior to the kick. By the time the ball was kicked he was manned up
Slow decision making amongst most of the group has been a major problem for a while. You'd hope with our youngsters that that will improve with more AFL game time and experience.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 01:52:22 PM »

Irrespective of the kick and the decision making, he lacked any sort of urgency going for the ball. You'd expect an experienced player to know a turnover would be costly at that stage of the game.

LMAO when he was clear in the 3Q, slipped over, got caught and staged a free which he got. Lucky. More importantly, weak

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:10:25 PM »
Someone needs to go out buy him some proper boots.  He's always slipping over. ::)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 04:05:14 PM »
Someone needs to go out buy him some proper boots.  He's always slipping over. ::)

With his form he is going to need more than just boots.  ::)

Ox

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 05:01:02 PM »

duds always pretend to slip over when they get in a jam :wallywink :banghead