Author Topic: Is Pahoff good for Richmond  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Is Pahoff good for Richmond
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 10:27:24 PM »
I know if he had bought the club to its knees and i seen him at the footy then he would have not walked home from the ground.

But that's the gist of the point I'm making. He didn't bring the club to its knees and has said he won't now even though he still could by presenting his petition regardless.

I also have an unflattering opinion of him in relation to his time in the limelight. What I'm trying to convey is I think credit should be given where due, and I believe it's due to him if he goes away now.

I am extremely happy and relieved about what transpired today. It may have happened anyway if he had never come on the scene but it also may not have. I'm contented enough to give him the benefit of any doubt on that issue.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 09:45:53 AM »
He was interviewed on WLF tonight and said he is happy now to drift off into the sunset.

I have not changed my opinion of him.  >:(

As for drifting off into the sunset - going by what Brendan Schwab said in the paper yesterday - if wasn't for him (Brendan) Mr Parhoff would have submitted his petition earlier. So much for being independant :banghead  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 10:23:28 AM »
I know if he had bought the club to its knees and i seen him at the footy then he would have not walked home from the ground.

How come I havent read anything like that about Casey??? Funny thing is he has done more damage than anyone else....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 10:48:05 AM »
Michael Pahoffs actions have made Casey and the board aware that there are supporters out there that have had a gutful and demand some sort of accountability.

Without such actions these people would have continued along their deluded, merry, and incompetent ways thinking they had the suport of the members.  Also they would have paid no respect to the Schwab challenge.

Pahoff's petition put the fear of god into these fools and gave them a taste of reality.  The petition was a clear sign that the people were not happey.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!

In terms of Pahoff posting Greg Millers letter, he did the right thing IMO.  Tiger supporters constantly complain that we are always kept in the dark and that there is no transperency.  If Michael kept the email from us then he would have been accused of this also and would have been as bad as Casey and co.

Michael has forced Casey and the board to become more accountable and transparent, something we've all been crying out for.  Michael himself has been transparent and has had the interests of the RFC at heart all along.

Abusing him for this is a bit rich IMO.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 11:13:04 AM »
I refused to sign the petition, and stand by that decision.

However l ask myself,would Casey have been challenged and forced to act and then be forced to compromise if Pahoffs actions weren't taken??
Would Caseys position be up for election??
Would the books be open to a outside pary other than a current board member before the AGM?
The answers no.

If Pahoff had have forced the spill l would have been livid.
He hasn't,and lm forced to admit that we as members are better off for it.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went