Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50348 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
Watts has failed at two clubs. The Saints traded pick 17 for him from Adelaide. Pass.

Lethal believes Brennan will re-sign. He also reckons Victorian sides have deliberately targetted Brisbane players. Us with Hooper, Essendon with Brennan, North with Selwood and Carlton with Drummond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »
its becoming clearer by the day we will end up with a dud like watts, richards or bradley and that is a waste of a pick in my book.

those type of players will lose you a game not win one for u

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
its becoming clearer by the day we will end up with a dud like watts, richards or bradley and that is a waste of a pick in my book.

those type of players will lose you a game not win one for u

any result of this type will be a diabolical outcome for the club and a complete failure by the football department. Twice on the bottom in 4 seasons 2 1st psd picks and not a decent outcome. That would be a terrible terrible outcome.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »
any result of this type will be a diabolical outcome for the club and a complete failure by the football department. Twice on the bottom in 4 seasons 2 1st psd picks and not a decent outcome. That would be a terrible terrible outcome.

Name which star players we've missed out on in the PSD? You seem to have a strange idea of what talent is actually available. Next I'm sure you're going to tell me it's because we're not working hard enough to attract the right players, even though every year Miller shakes the tree to try and get people to come to Richmond, to the point where every other club in the league hates him because he is always trying to poach their players.

Ramps

« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2007, 05:50:35 PM »
in the end, the only result that counts is the end result. There have been plenty of uncontracted star players ... issue is do we have the ability to get ONE just ONE to nominate for the PSD.

Ramps

« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »
The key questions:

Why were we not able to convince 1 big name player to go into the 2004 psd and why if we cant convince 1 big name player to go into the PSD of 2007 do you guys always want to make excuses. If they find a big name player for this psd coming up then yeah Ill be the first one to come on and congratulate them but if not then Im entitle to my opinion and that will be that they havent succeeded which means they would have failed. Thats the bottom line.

Im not asking for 27 star players... just 1 ... just 1 Big Name player.

Or dont Richmond supporters deserve to have some hope for the future.

richmondrules

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
We got Brown a couple of years back. You hardly ever see a real star go into the PSD. If we want good players to want to come to us then we need to build an attractive team. ATM we are a bit of a laughing stock. I believe this is temporary. Wait and watch. I know we've been waiting a long tome but I think the quality of our young guys is a bit more exciting than I can remember for, oh I don't know, about 25 years.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2007, 08:02:38 PM »
If we're left with the choice of picking up another recycled dud who'll only last a year, it'd be better to either go for youth or pass altogether on the PSD and pick up a 5th rookie with Joel remaining inside the senior list as a veteran.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »
The key questions:

Why were we not able to convince 1 big name player to go into the 2004 psd and why if we cant convince 1 big name player to go into the PSD of 2007 do you guys always want to make excuses. If they find a big name player for this psd coming up then yeah Ill be the first one to come on and congratulate them but if not then Im entitle to my opinion and that will be that they havent succeeded which means they would have failed. Thats the bottom line.

Tell me which other clubs have been able to attract a big name player into the PSD? Maybe, just maybe, you need to consider that your expectations are way out of whack with reality.

Ramps

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »
The key questions:

Tell me which other clubs have been able to attract a big name player into the PSD? Maybe, just maybe, you need to consider that your expectations are way out of whack with reality.

maybe you and gordon and the rest of the apologists can understand that we just got the wooden spoon, the 2nd in 4 seasons, and I duely note your failure to answer my posts ie. player trades and us not being able to attract a big name. You guys are apologists for a failed strategy and system. The only thing that counts is the end result...and ours has been 2 wooden spoons in 4 seasons.

Just 1 Big Name...Just 1. Thats all Just 1. All we ever get is excuses. Deliver a Big Name and Ill shut up. Until then, until they deliver JUST 1 big name player they deserve the criticism.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2007, 11:15:30 PM »
Just 1 Big Name...Just 1. Thats all Just 1. All we ever get is excuses. Deliver a Big Name and Ill shut up. Until then, until they deliver JUST 1 big name player they deserve the criticism.
Ben Cousins  :help

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2007, 12:28:39 AM »
Richmond supporters sticking up for Richmond and Richmond players on a Richmond fan site.
Go figure, hey Ramps.  :D

Going back to Jezza's question - out of interest, what club has been able to convince a big name player to go into the PSD? Ever.
(If anyone says Mal Michael I'll spew up - the criteria is big name player, not has been).

Even though you dismissed this question, Ramps, it is relevant to your expectation.
If repeat offending serial cheats Carlton haven't managed to do it then how are Richmond supposed to?
Are you suggesting the club should delve outside the rules to lure someone?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:49:08 AM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
PSD targets - Brennan, Tenace or Richards (The Age)
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »
Richmond, which has the first pick in the pre-season draft, has Lion Brennan at the top of its list, but would consider Kane Tenace from Geelong and Collingwood's delisted ruckman Guy Richards if Brennan re-signs with the Lions.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/carlton-considers-bypassing-preseason-draft/2007/10/16/1192300767743.html

Mitch Hahn is also yet to re-sign with the Dogs.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »
if they pick up richards , they should all be put into a commercial meatmincer while they are still alive! then their remains should be used as shark burley.  no way to gay richards.

tenace has pace but has shocking skill

hahn would be ok but is very inconsistant but under terry western tiger outfit he may just produce.

brennan is inconsistant also and i dont think his head is screwed on right

whats the go with adcock, is he still available?

richmondrules

« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2007, 08:19:07 AM »
whats the go with adcock, is he still available?

No.