Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50322 times)

Gordon Bennett

Re: PSD targets
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »
Richmond supporters sticking up for Richmond and Richmond players on a Richmond fan site.
Go figure, hey Ramps.  :D
Okay, I'll plead guilty to doing that. As ramps said, it's "shocking".

I agree with you, jezza. Ramps' expectations in this regard  are out of touch with reality.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »

Ramps

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »
Richmond supporters sticking up for Richmond and Richmond players on a Richmond fan site.
Go figure, hey Ramps.  :D
Okay, I'll plead guilty to doing that. As ramps said, it's "shocking".

I agree with you, jezza. Ramps' expectations in this regard  are out of touch with reality.

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Just 1 Big Name Gentlemen Just 1 and Ill shut up. Richmond supporters deserve better than the poo they have to put up with and have put up with for 27 years.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Just 1 Big Name Gentlemen Just 1 and Ill shut up. Richmond supporters deserve better than the pooh they have to put up with and have put up with for 27 years.

Umm, we're the ones asking YOU for one name. Give us one big name that's ever been attracted into the PSD and we'll admit Richmond have failed in that area. Until you do, sure, you can label us a failure, as long as you label every single other side in the comp a failure too.

Ramps

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Just 1 Big Name Gentlemen Just 1 and Ill shut up. Richmond supporters deserve better than the pooh they have to put up with and have put up with for 27 years.

Umm, we're the ones asking YOU for one name. Give us one big name that's ever been attracted into the PSD and we'll admit Richmond have failed in that area. Until you do, sure, you can label us a failure, as long as you label every single other side in the comp a failure too.

Nick Stevens from Port who ended up at Carlton!

Now go find Richmond supporters just 1 big name player and give them some hope instead of being apologists for the continued failings of our club

Or are you finally gonna admit that we're not capable of finding just 1 big name player. Coz if thats the case they may as well shut the place down and turn of the lights!

Give the supporters hope! They deserve better! They keep coming to games, the keep giving the club money! They dont deserve the crap they get offered up year after year!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »
Carlton didn't need to do anything to get Stevens. Stevens wanted to go to Collingwood but because they wouldn't cough up Didak, Mark Williams said stuff you you're off to the PSD as a message to any other Port player thinking of making trade demands. The doggies had already agreed to take Rawlings with pick 1 due to the Veale deal so Stevens fell into the lap of the Blues at pick 2.

We got Gas via the PSD in 1996.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2007, 05:22:24 PM »
Nick Stevens from Port who ended up at Carlton!

Nick Stevens was a very unusual case. He didn't want to end up in the PSD and not often will you come across a team that will say, "Stuff the lot of you, we'll take nothing for one of the best midfielders in the comp just to stick it up you", like Port did. Don't really think you can use him as an example.

Ramps

« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
I WAS ASKED FOR A NAME- I PROVIDED THE NAME!

NOW SOME OF YOU SAY - IT DOESNT COUNT!

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

CAN RICHMOND GET JUST 1 ... JUST 1 BIG NAME PLAYER!

IM NOT ASKING FOR THE RETURN OF CONSTANTINOPLE TO GREECE

ALL IM ASKING IS FOR OUR CLUB TO SIGN 1 RECOGNISED BIG NAME PLAYER!

THAT IS ALL!

DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS NOT DESERVE TO HAVE HOPE?

DONT RICHMOND SUPPORTERS DESERVE BETTER?

OR DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS HAVE TO ACCEPT WOODEN SPOON AFTER WOODEN SPOON?

Ramps

« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2007, 05:29:18 PM »
OH YEAH...

AND I WILL SHUT UP, WHEN THE CLUB DELIVERS!

IF THEY DELIVER!

AND I WILL BE THE FIRST TO CONGRATULATE THEM WHEN THEY DELIVER!

Lets just say Im not holding my breath!

Ramps

« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
2006 Preseason draft

Adelaide got Porplezia

We got White

DRAW

2004 Preseason draft lol...

Richmond takes Ben Marsh

Fremantle select Michael Johnson

lol

2003 Preseason draft lol

Richmond select PASS

Sydney select Craig Bolton

Geelong select Brent Moloney

lol

Other clubs found players, Carlton got a big name player in stevens and other clubs developed some of these into very nice players.

JUST 1 PLAYER GENTLEMEN! JUST 1! THATS ALL I ASK!

And if Richmond wants to be known as a big club then it has to start getting big names. Thats how it is!

richmondrules

« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »
Ok.  :-\ Can't say I share your frustration, perhaps because I don't have the same expectations of the PSD, but I certainly hope you get your wish. Anything that's good for Richmond will get the thumbs up from me.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
And if Richmond wants to be known as a big club then it has to start getting big names. Thats how it is!
That's possibly true off-field in terms of attracting $$$ Ramps but on-field drafting and developing your own big name champions is a more guaranteed way of achieving success.

Who knows anyway who will be available yet. Big names hardly walk into the PSD but hey all this Cousins/West Coast thing might see a big name out of contract Eagle say he's had enough and bails. 

richmondrules

« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2007, 06:25:39 PM »
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22599236-661,00.html

Well Cousins has been sacked. Damn what a conundrum. A midfielder as good as Judd when playing at his best available but how can you take the risk especially with our young and impressionable list.

What to do ... what to do ...  ???

richmondrules

« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »
You couldn't do it. You can't trust a drug addict. What a damn shame.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »
I WAS ASKED FOR A NAME- I PROVIDED THE NAME!

NOW SOME OF YOU SAY - IT DOESNT COUNT!

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

CAN RICHMOND GET JUST 1 ... JUST 1 BIG NAME PLAYER!

IM NOT ASKING FOR THE RETURN OF CONSTANTINOPLE TO GREECE

ALL IM ASKING IS FOR OUR CLUB TO SIGN 1 RECOGNISED BIG NAME PLAYER!

THAT IS ALL!

DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS NOT DESERVE TO HAVE HOPE?

DONT RICHMOND SUPPORTERS DESERVE BETTER?

OR DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS HAVE TO ACCEPT WOODEN SPOON AFTER WOODEN SPOON?

Nope, not good enough and you know it. Stevens is completely irrelevant and is NOT IN ANY WAY validation of your argument. My five year old nephew puts his hands over his ears and yells blah blah blah whenever he doesn't want to hear when he's wrong, I'd hope you could be a bit more mature.

So again, you are yet to name one big-name player that has gone to the PSD after being attracted there by a club.

Michael Johnson - was he a big name player when he was drafted? NO.
Brent Maloney - see above. NO.
Craig Bolton - No, he was discarded by Brisbane, hardly Sydney attracting a big name player.

So again we are left with not one single big name player ever entering the PSD because of the actions of another club to get them there.