Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50299 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brennan move looking likely (The Age)
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2007, 05:04:46 AM »
Hahn re-signs with Dogs, Brennan move looking likely
Stephen Rielly | October 23, 2007

Jared Brennan seems increasingly unlikely to make to the Lions.

It emerged that Brennan is making preparations to take his family back to Darwin.

The utility's manager, Peter Whitehead, said although his 23-year-old client was still to decide whether to remain with the Lions or bring his inconsistent career to Victoria, he would not be remaining in Queensland. According to Whitehead, the lease on the house Brennan and his family have been living in is due to expire and they are not prepared to commit to a new home in Brisbane.

Whitehead denied the departure was the first step in a relocation to Melbourne, where up to five clubs — Essendon chief among them — have an interest.

"They just don't want to make a quick decision for the sake of making a quick decision," Whitehead said. "He's got to move out, so he might as well go back to Darwin, sit it out and get away from it all if nothing materialises between now and the end of November."

The Lions increased their offer from two years to three, but it is believed that the annual salary remains as much as $80,000 a season below what the Bombers and others have indicated.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/hahn-resigns-with-dogs-brennan-move-looking-likely/2007/10/22/1192940985133.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Brennan move looking likely (The Age)
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2007, 08:41:29 AM »

It emerged that Brennan is making preparations to take his family back to Darwin.

The utility's manager, Peter Whitehead, said although his 23-year-old client was still to decide whether to remain with the Lions or bring his inconsistent career to Victoria, he would not be remaining in Queensland. According to Whitehead, the lease on the house Brennan and his family have been living in is due to expire and they are not prepared to commit to a new home in Brisbane.

Whitehead denied the departure was the first step in a relocation to Melbourne, where up to five clubs — Essendon chief among them — have an interest.

"They just don't want to make a quick decision for the sake of making a quick decision," Whitehead said. "He's got to move out, so he might as well go back to Darwin, sit it out and get away from it all if nothing materialises between now and the end of November."

The Lions increased their offer from two years to three, but it is believed that the annual salary remains as much as $80,000 a season below what the Bombers and others have indicated.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/hahn-resigns-with-dogs-brennan-move-looking-likely/2007/10/22/1192940985133.html

???

He's moving back to Darwin, but is going to play in Melbourne??

Please don't get him GM  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:28 AM »

???

I read that as "moving back to Darwin while his future is decided rather than stay in Brisbane" not to stay in Darwin next year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »

???

I read that as "moving back to Darwin while his future is decided rather than stay in Brisbane" not to stay in Darwin next year.
I would rather we took a punt on Ben Cousins than on this inconsistent "utility". My Brisbane mate cannot wait to show Brennan the door!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2007, 09:54:34 PM »
If Brennan wasn't seriously considering leaving the Lions then you'd think he'd keep some presence in Brisbane.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2007, 04:13:29 AM »
from The Age

The Brisbane Lions, meanwhile, look certain to have reached an agreement with the disgruntled Jared Brennan. Brennan, who had shown interest in playing for Essendon, is expected to re-sign on a three-year deal.

Link.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
brennan is just playing the "game"

we should chase cousins, he is the best onballer in the country and its guys like he and kerr that make judd look good. imagine how good lids and foley would be with cuz by their side

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2007, 03:38:47 PM »
Paul Roos was taken by Sydney at pick 1 in the 1995 PSD after leaving Fitzroy.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2007, 05:30:33 PM »

we should chase cousins, he is the best onballer in the country and its guys like he and kerr that make judd look good. imagine how good lids and foley would be with cuz by their side
I'm with you X but does anyone know if there is even a remote possibility of Cousins actually hitting the PSD this year?? Is there a deadline to nominate?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:21 PM »

I'm with you X but does anyone know if there is even a remote possibility of Cousins actually hitting the PSD this year?? Is there a deadline to nominate?
December 7 is the last deadline for delisted players. The PSD is on Dec 11.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
A Lions fan on BF is claiming Brennan re-signed at noon today with Brisbane.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »

Guy Richards here we come if we even use our PSD pick :-\.

We would have been better off letting McMahon slip through to the PSD  :-\

Ramps

« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »

if we have given away a top 20 pick for a bloke who we could have gotten for free then its a dead set joke. infact i would say its a disgrace. Richmond people deserve better!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:14 AM »

if we have given away a top 20 pick for a bloke who we could have gotten for free then its a dead set joke. infact i would say its a disgrace. Richmond people deserve better!
or you could say we gave up pick 19 for someone like Richards  :o.

Anyway let's wait and see what happens. There's still a month and a half to go before the PSD.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brennan re-signs for three years (The Age)
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2007, 01:34:08 AM »
Brennan re-signs for three years
Andrew Stafford, Brisbane | October 25, 2007

GIFTED utility Jared Brennan re-signed with the Brisbane Lions yesterday for three years, ending weeks of speculation he would enter the pre-season draft.

Brennan had been offered considerably more money to play with Essendon, which was also offering a three-year deal. But there was no guarantee he would have got there, with Richmond also expressing interest and, crucially, holding the first pick in the pre-season draft.

That may have been enough to sway Brennan back to the Lions, who cited lifestyle, family and friendship reasons as the main reasons for staying at the club where he began as a highly-rated draft pick in 2003.

Brennan, who has played 59 games during a five-year career, admitted that things with the Lions had "blown up" after the season. "I never felt like I wanted to leave Brisbane. Obviously when the season ended I was out of contract so I didn't know what I was doing," he said.

"If I wanted to play football just for the money, then I would have ended up in Melbourne I think, but I think obviously there was a lot more than money to weigh up.

"I'm very happy, very happy to stay in Brisbane and that everything's over and I can move on."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/brennan-stays-a-lion/2007/10/24/1192941152471.html

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22644720%255E19742,00.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:46:21 AM by one-eyed »