Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50293 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"There is really nobody of any note in the PSD" - Miller
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2007, 03:49:16 AM »
from today's Australian

Matthews said salary-cap restrictions would prevent the club from taking part in the pre-season draft, with Collingwood also confirming its intention to skip the December draft meeting.

Richmond has the first pick in but Tigers football director Greg Miller agreed the absence of Brennan meant there were no "big names" left on the market.

"There is really nobody of any note," Miller said. "There is not really a standout."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22643485-5012432,00.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2007, 06:26:24 AM »
lets get ben cousins to nominate for the psd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: "There is really nobody of any note in the PSD" - Miller
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »
"There is really nobody of any note," Miller said. "There is not really a standout."
Meaning we either pick up a dud or pass and pick up a 5th rookie when we could have kept a fairly decent pick in the draft and still got both Morton and McMahon  :P.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
stuff me.  Will we ever learn?

At least by leaving one of those two to the PSD we couldve got a half-decent PSD and kept a draft pick.

Now we get a spud worse than ackland, which was always on the cards  :o    and have given away a second rounder to bloke who wanted to leave an wouldve been an OK pick 1 PSD for a change. 
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »

Guy Richards here we come if we even use our PSD pick :-\.

We would have been better off letting McMahon slip through to the PSD  :-\

if we have given away a top 20 pick for a bloke who we could have gotten for free then its a dead set joke. infact i would say its a disgrace. Richmond people deserve better!

Don't forget people...Port Adelaide were also after McMahon so I doubt he would have made it to the PSD.

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
Getting Morton at pick 35 or whatever and getting McMahon in the PSD would have been the way to go, but maybe we want a tall in the PSD, or a young player, who knows.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »

Guy Richards here we come if we even use our PSD pick :-\.

We would have been better off letting McMahon slip through to the PSD  :-\

if we have given away a top 20 pick for a bloke who we could have gotten for free then its a dead set joke. infact i would say its a disgrace. Richmond people deserve better!

Don't forget people...Port Adelaide were also after McMahon so I doubt he would have made it to the PSD.

Fair point Tiga, except that McMahon couldve been a rascal yes and refused to go, stamp his feet like Judd did and get to us anyway.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2007, 02:01:58 PM »
farcical

again

:'(

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »
what about Hasleby ???

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
what about Hasleby ???

he re-signed at freo the idiot!

Tigermonk

« Reply #235 on: October 25, 2007, 04:37:38 PM »
they cant get players to come to Tigerland its a huge problem we got a lovely wooden spoon & Carlton are getting all the glory

richmondrules

« Reply #236 on: October 25, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »
Oh well. Time to move on. At the end of trade week we will have a full list and that will be what we have to work with for 12 months so best make the most of it.

Of course if anyone is getting some sort of enjoyment from wallowing in self pity please feel free to continue. Personally I've had enough of appearing pathetic but that's just me.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
from today's Australian

Matthews said salary-cap restrictions would prevent the club from taking part in the pre-season draft, with Collingwood also confirming its intention to skip the December draft meeting.

Richmond has the first pick in but Tigers football director Greg Miller agreed the absence of Brennan meant there were no "big names" left on the market.

Is this a red herring on Millers part,  from what i was told by someone high up within another club there are still some quality players that havent been signed to new contracts, even the reigning premiers.

I believe there will be another one or two delistments at tigerland before the cut off date, oh well have to sit tight and wait and see what unfolds.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
from today's Australian

Is this a red herring on Millers part,  from what i was told by someone high up within another club there are still some quality players that havent been signed to new contracts, even the reigning premiers.

I believe there will be another one or two delistments at tigerland before the cut off date, oh well have to sit tight and wait and see what unfolds.

Publicly there's only that rumour of Embley still wanting out of his contract at the Eagles to go to Carlton plus Fraser and Rutten still out of contract. More likely though is all 3 will stay at their respective current club.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
from today's Australian

Publicly there's only that rumour of Embley still wanting out of his contract at the Eagles to go to Carlton plus Fraser and Rutten still out of contract. More likely though is all 3 will stay at their respective current club.

yeh these guys were mentioned by my contact, he also alluded to several other name players but wouldnt divulge them to me for obvious reasons.
Something about his club having the pick after ours :-X, the thing i found strange is that this mob have easily enough room in their salary cap.