Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50234 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:49 PM »
I think we are almost assured of picking up Gourdis in the PSD. We snatched up Putt unexpectedly which all but ruled Richards out of the equation. The think after the Kingsley hiccup last year the supporters would be demanding youth and with Gourdis available I think they will get what they wish.

The Rookie draft will be the interesting challenge. Hopefully someone like Collard, Pfieffer or the like is still available but I doubt it. With our recent success from the previously undervalued list, the rookie draft is fast becoming a draft almostly anticipated as the National Draft.

I think we will look back on this years draft period as one of our most successful  :pray

Stripes

richmondrules

« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
I think we will look back on this years draft period as one of our most successful  :pray

Stripes

I hope we'll look back on this draft as just one successful draft amongst many.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2007, 05:12:10 AM »
Yesterday was the third and final list lodgement. No further changes by us but as expected Cousins has been finally delisted by the Eagles and Essendon has moved Lloyd outside their senior list as a veteran so they have now 2 PSD picks.

1. Richmond
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle
7. West Coast
8. Essendon

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=53954

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »
The Bombers must want someone desperately to make a change so late to have a second PSD pick. Bellchambers joined their training just this week so it might be him and they also have Arrowsmith down there training who was expected to be drafted but missed out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2007, 05:25:52 PM »
Is it true that Richards is no longer training with us?  :pray :pray

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
The Bombers must want someone desperately to make a change so late to have a second PSD pick. Bellchambers joined their training just this week so it might be him and they also have Arrowsmith down there training who was expected to be drafted but missed out.

do you have to take the pick?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
Is it true that Richards is no longer training with us?  :pray :pray
Yep TA. Apparently told he was too slow and not for us.

do you have to take the pick?
You may be able to still promote one of your rookies (I think the Eagles are thinking of still doing this) but basically the answer is yes. It's compulsory to have full senior lists now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #457 on: December 02, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/Preseason08/davidgourdis.wmv

Found this link of Gourdis on PRE. Thanks to Nugget_12. I couldn't see it posted else where. Cut and paste into the address bar of your browser.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: December 02, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »
Looks impressive

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: December 02, 2007, 09:00:16 PM »
Hello Tigers Alive.  :lol

Im Tigersalive.   :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #460 on: December 02, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »

Found this link of Gourdis on PRE. Thanks to Nugget_12. I couldn't see it posted else where. Cut and paste into the address bar of your browser.

Happy to help out mate  :thumbsup

i was going to post it on here aswell but ive been flat out today and havn't had achance to jump on the comp!

He looks very impressive! im a big fan and while im not sure what made every team over look him in the ND i think the way he plays football should outweigh anything else and we should give him a shot, especially with Rance over here he has a teammate from back west and should be more comfortable settling in.

Great Mark!, Great Speed!, and Great Size!.....the ysay there is Question marks over his kicking but he seems to have a solid action and a damaging left foot!

Definantly my No.1 vote for pick 1 of the PSD.
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #461 on: December 03, 2007, 01:30:58 AM »
what is the Pre-Season Draft order and the Rookie Selection order ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #462 on: December 03, 2007, 04:24:34 AM »
what is the Pre-Season Draft order and the Rookie Selection order ?

We have pick 1 in the PSD and picks 1, 17, 32, 44 in the rookie draft.

Pre-season Draft Order 2007

1. Richmond
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle
7. West Coast
8. Essendon

Rookie Draft Order 2007

Round 1
1. Richmond
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle
7. Brisbane
8. St Kilda
9. Adelaide
10. Sydney
11. Hawthorn
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. Kangaroos
15. Port Adelaide
16. Geelong

Round 2
17. Richmond
18. Carlton
19. Melbourne
20. Western Bulldogs
21. Essendon
22. Fremantle
23. Brisbane
24. St Kilda
25. Adelaide
26. Sydney
27. Hawthorn
28. West Coast
29. Kangaroos
30. Port Adelaide
31. Geelong

Round 3
32. Richmond
33. Carlton
34. Melbourne
35. Western Bulldogs
36. Fremantle
37. Adelaide
38. Sydney
39. Hawthorn
40. West Coast
41. Kangaroos
42. Port Adelaide
43. Geelong

Round 4
44. Richmond
45. Melbourne
46. Fremantle
47. Adelaide
48. Sydney
49. Hawthorn
50. West Coast

richmondrules

« Reply #463 on: December 03, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »

Happy to help out mate  :thumbsup

i was going to post it on here aswell but ive been flat out today and havn't had achance to jump on the comp!

He looks very impressive! im a big fan and while im not sure what made every team over look him in the ND i think the way he plays football should outweigh anything else and we should give him a shot, especially with Rance over here he has a teammate from back west and should be more comfortable settling in.

Great Mark!, Great Speed!, and Great Size!.....the ysay there is Question marks over his kicking but he seems to have a solid action and a damaging left foot!

Definantly my No.1 vote for pick 1 of the PSD.

;D Relieved I gave you credit for the link, that's why I like to quote my sources  :thumbsup. I posted it because I had no idea who Gourdis was, I had heard the name but that was as far as my knowledge went. Your link satisfied my curiosity. Thanks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #464 on: December 03, 2007, 12:22:19 PM »
This mock Pre-Season Draft from Nick's Magpie forum looks pretty close to the mark.

1 Richmond – David Gourdis (Subiaco / 193cm / 88kg)

There is always a story from Draft Day that confounds the best of us. To my mind Gourdis was that player this year. In saying that he was under rated on this Forum which shocked me given he was ones of the best at the 20m sprint and vertical leap at draft camp. Many of my posters had him high as did I but plenty also had him lower. Terrific season in the Colts and a wonderful championships. Plays CHF and has a big engine which allows him to constantly lead up. People will say I am crazy but if you saw Reiwoldt as a junior he was not a lot different and certainly plays in a similar fashion.

Couldn’t see Tigers passing on him given their need for tall forwards.

2 Carlton – James Wundke (North Adelaide / 196cm / 87kg)

Big bodied KP player who mainly plays out of FF although played in the ruck at the Champs which I thought did him no favours. I liken him to Brian Harris and do see him being able to go back and play FB. For me its either FB or FF and Blues need more of his types. Chance to play next year given he has impressed at senior level this year in the SANFL. Good replacement for Fatso!

3 Melbourne – Ashley Sampi (West Coast Eagles)

Will they …wont they? Of course they bloody well will. Melbourne don’t have enough cash to bring a player over from the west without picking him. They will take him and so they should. Another top ten draft pick who just went off the rails for a bit. Highly skilled but lacking ticker and motor. Melbourne get these blokes up and maybe the Davey work ethic will rub off. Hope so, cannot wait for another small Melbourne fwd to smash my side on mothers day!

4 Western Bulldogs - Scott Welsh (Adelaide Crows)

Forgive me but am not sure I have heaps of time for this bloke and I wonder what the Dogs are doing with him. The Dogs are fantastic at brnging kids through and yet they go for troubled ‘stars’ like Akermanis and this bloke in search of a premiership that is a while away. I can see the logic, use Welsh there until Grant comes up – fair enough. He is certainly skilled and should go alright. Seems to go better in big games.

5 Essendon – Tom Bellchambers (Tasmania / 199cm / 91kg)

Tom Bellchambers must be wondering what he had to do to get drafted. Terrific performer this year and whilst lacks a little speed he is the 2nd best ruckmen this year. We don’t get to see him a lot on the mainland but I have seen him quite a few times now and he impresses me every time. He is getting better and better and is now at a point where he changes games. For those of you that saw him vs Qld he was inspirational. Along with Collier they single handedly turned that game with the under age Cornelius. At the Draft camp showed off all his attributes for the scouts and they will have him high. Tall, terrific palmer of the footy, good below his knees and good use of hands and feet he presents as a beautiful prospect. Does have the ability to go forward as he showed in the Allies game where he kicked 5 goals but is an area you would want to work on. Essendon have got him down at Bomberland so expect this selection.

6 Fremantle – Ryley Dunn

Originally had McGrath here but he has once again held his club to ransom in the hope of a better offer which didnt eventauate.....again! Ryley Dunn will get selected here and good for him. Showed something at back end of the year playing mid and HBF and should be persisted with. Broadhurst might also be in the mix for a spot.

7 West Coast Eagles - Aaron Joseph (Tasmania / 178cm / 75kg)

Just couldn’t quite believe a bloke who scored best at Draft Camp for agility and who made AA wouldn’t get selected.

Aaron Joseph is quite unheralded insomuch as he was an AA member by the end of the Champs. Saw a couple of his games and just thought he was a good consistent competitor. Will put his body on the line through a contest and whilst not your ideal height for a midfielder he is someone that sets up play with his hands particularly. Foot skills are very good and has work ethic and a motor that will keep him going more than the average bloke. I likened him a bit to Tom Hislop from last year. This kid knows how to play footy

8 Essendon - Ashley Arrowsmith (Calder Cannons / 188cm / 82kg)

Not likely to ever be a CHF but he is a genuine 3rd tall who covers the ground extremely well. Superb by feet and hands and is starting to win more of his own ball which has been one of the deficiencies in his game for mine. Seems to polarise opinion but there is no doubting he is proving he is a big game player and who will appreciate the space of Subi. Worsfold will need to be convinced the kid has a big enough heart muscle– that’s the only thing that’s a slight question mark. Big call….little bit of Hird about him and remember where the Dons picked up the great man.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=40775