Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50223 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
This mock Pre-Season Draft from Nick's Magpie forum looks pretty close to the mark.

1 Richmond – David Gourdis (Subiaco / 193cm / 88kg)

There is always a story from Draft Day that confounds the best of us. To my mind Gourdis was that player this year. In saying that he was under rated on this Forum which shocked me given he was ones of the best at the 20m sprint and vertical leap at draft camp. Many of my posters had him high as did I but plenty also had him lower. Terrific season in the Colts and a wonderful championships. Plays CHF and has a big engine which allows him to constantly lead up. People will say I am crazy but if you saw Reiwoldt as a junior he was not a lot different and certainly plays in a similar fashion.

Couldn’t see Tigers passing on him given their need for tall forwards.
Let's hope if we pick Gourdis up his goalkicking is much better than Riewoldt's (Nick version).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »
This mock Pre-Season Draft from Nick's Magpie forum looks pretty close to the mark.

1 Richmond – David Gourdis (Subiaco / 193cm / 88kg)

There is always a story from Draft Day that confounds the best of us. To my mind Gourdis was that player this year. In saying that he was under rated on this Forum which shocked me given he was ones of the best at the 20m sprint and vertical leap at draft camp. Many of my posters had him high as did I but plenty also had him lower. Terrific season in the Colts and a wonderful championships. Plays CHF and has a big engine which allows him to constantly lead up. People will say I am crazy but if you saw Reiwoldt as a junior he was not a lot different and certainly plays in a similar fashion.

Couldn’t see Tigers passing on him given their need for tall forwards.
Let's hope if we pick Gourdis up his goalkicking is much better than Riewoldt's (Nick version).
Dont bank on it.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #467 on: December 04, 2007, 05:53:43 PM »
Almost thought it too good to be true when Ch 10 news just said "Embley out" but it was just Embley being voted out of the Eagles leadership group over off-field discretions.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2007, 08:13:42 PM »
Almost thought it too good to be true when Ch 10 news just said "Embley out" but it was just Embley being voted out of the Eagles leadership group over off-field discretions.

same here lol

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #469 on: December 07, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
Today is final cut-off date for PSD delisted player nominations.
2pm Friday December 7

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2007, 04:43:42 AM »
Some info on Gourdis from poster SouthernStand on Y&B:

Apparently we are very keen on Gourdis and he is being closely watched over the last 2 weeks at training and while he is staying at GM's house. I think we need to be satisfied that some skill issues can be overcome.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=131882&postcount=309

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Final delisted player PSD nominations (AFL site)
« Reply #471 on: December 07, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »
From the AFL site:

The following delisted players are still eligible for the 2007 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft on December 11.

FORMER Adelaide forward Scott Welsh was the only additional delisted AFL player to nominate for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft by Friday's 2pm deadline.

Adelaide - John Hinge, Darren Pfeiffer.
Brisbane Lions - Marcus Allan, Patrick Garner.
Carlton - Craig Flint.
Collingwood - Guy Richards.
Essendon - Richard Cole.
Fremantle - Clayton Collard, Ryley Dunn, Calib Mourish, James Walker.
Geelong - Stephen Owen, Matthew Spencer.
Hawthorn - Matt Little, Josh Thurgood.
Kangaroos - Daniel McConnell, David Trotter, Callam Urch.
Melbourne - Ryan Ferguson, Simon Godfrey, Heath Neville.
Port Adelaide - Ryan Willits.
Richmond - Brent Hartigan, Andrew Krakouer, Carl Peterson.
St Kilda - Andrew McQualter, Phil Raymond, Justin Sweeney.
Sydney - Simon Phillips, Jonathan Simpkin, Luke Vogels.
West Coast - Daniel Chick, Ashley Sampi.
Western Bulldogs - Travis Baird, Damian McCormack, Tim Walsh.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=54120

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #472 on: December 07, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »
Now there's and exciting bunch of players to whet your appetite.  :P

Can't wait for that one....

Looks like it will be young guys all the way although out of left field I do Rate Simon Phillips from the Swans. I remember he gave us a toweling in the trial match in Canberra last season. He is a little on the small side but he has a really strong ticker and quite a good leap but do we need another small forward??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #473 on: December 07, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »
Collard is the only one from that list still training with us. So you'd think it's either him or a kid.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond expected to pick-up young delistee in PSD (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #474 on: December 08, 2007, 04:32:31 AM »
Dons' draft double
08 December 2007   Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

ESSENDON will continue its list rejuvenation under new coach Matthew Knights with two picks in Tuesday's pre-season draft.

The AFL yesterday approved the participation of seven clubs in the draft after scrutinising next season's player payment figures for every side.

In keeping with the recent lack of interest in pre-season drafts, there will be eight selections at most.

While up to four clubs could punt on recycled players, Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne are expected to take young delistees, with the Western Bulldogs certain to pick Adelaide's Scott Welsh.

West Coast has a selection after it had to postpone its last national draft pick because it had retained Ben Cousins for legal reasons.

Melbourne remains tight-lipped on its plans for delisted West Coast Eagle Ashley Sampi, but it is understood he has been training frantically to lose weight and impress the Demons.

Carlton have given former first-round draft pick Ryley Dunn a tour around the club and rivals believe it will take him with its second selection.

Richmond has had five ruckman training at the club at various times - including ex-Magpies David Fanning and Guy Richards - but is more likely to pick up a tall on its rookie list.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said yesterday the club would make its decision early next week.

"We have had 15 or 16 players training with us, more than anyone else," he said. "Our policy is to expose them before the match committee, and we are really pleased with the standard."

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22889041%255E19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #475 on: December 08, 2007, 05:02:02 AM »
So if that report is right, it's Collard in the PSD and at least one "tall" as a rookie but not a ruckman(?). Silvester, Gourdis and Zomer are the KPPs training with us so I guess it's one of those three at least.

Offline terrys tigers

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #476 on: December 08, 2007, 12:13:18 PM »
So if that report is right, it's Collard in the PSD and at least one "tall" as a rookie but not a ruckman(?). Silvester, Gourdis and Zomer are the KPPs training with us so I guess it's one of those three at least.

I think it means that we will go for a guy like Collard or Gourdis in the PSD, then to rookie one of the rucks rather than say taking a Fanning or Richards in the PSD.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:30:06 AM by terrys tigers »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers to try ruck or young gun (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #477 on: December 09, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »
Tigers to try ruck or young gun
09 December 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
David Reed

RICHMOND'S football hierarchy will meet tomorrow to decide between taking a recycled ruckman or a youngster in Tuesday's pre-season draft.

The Tigers have the No. 1 pick in a thin draft, with Carlton next cab off the rank.

The Blues are also exploring the option of injecting more youth, although former Docker Ryley Dunn remains on the radar.

Whichever way those clubs go, it appears they will leave Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs with a clear run at the only biggish names in the draft - Ashley Sampi and Scott Welsh.

The Tigers have examined the prospects of three ruckman in the pre-season - former Magpies Guy Richards and David Fanning, and ex-Bomber Tristan Cartledge.

Richmond has also invited a bunch of youngsters to Punt Rd in preparation for Tuesday's draft and the rookie draft, which follows immediately afterwards.

They include Will Sullivan (Western Jets), Trent Zomer (Eastern Ranges), David Gourdis (Subiaco), Daniel Boyle (Murray Bushrangers), Ian Callinan (Central Districts), Clayton Collard (East Fremantle), Joe Gazzo (Coburg), Andrew Horne (Coburg), Cam Howat (Richmond rookie), Jarrod Silvester (Coburg), Chris Varsamakis (Eltham) and Chris Waller (Beaumaris).

Sullivan, Zomer and Gourdis are all tall prospects expected to be in the mix.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22891311%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #478 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:03 AM »

I think it means that we will go for a guy like Collard or Courdis in the PSD, then to rookie one of the rucks rather than say taking a Fanning or Richards in the PSD.
Let's hope so  :pray

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #479 on: December 10, 2007, 05:21:37 AM »
D-Day tomorrow. Here's the Rookie draft rules from the AFL Draft Book:

Age Requirements
A player must satisfy the following age requirements in order to be included on a club’s Rookie List:

* Minimum Age
A player must have attained the age of 18 years or will attain the age of 18 years on or before December 31.

* Maximum Age#
A player must be under the age of 23 years on December 31. If a player attains the age of 23 years after this date, a club may retain him on its Rookie List until the end of the season. If a club includes an international player on its Rookie List, the player may be 24 years old for the final year of his Contract of Service.

# One position on each club’s rookie list may be used for a player over the age of 23 if he has not previously been on an AFL list.