Author Topic: Richmond vs Kangaroos match thread  (Read 5327 times)

Ox

Re: Richmond vs Kangaroos match thread
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 08:36:09 PM »
Bowden...dont even start me ffs.

Why dont any of you understand the fact he is a polished dud. :banghead

Bluey,u cant be THAT surprised,SURELY ????

Johnson - lmaooooooo

Jack - VFL

Raines - becoming a dud.

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 08:40:32 PM »

Johnson - lmaooooooo

Jack - VFL

Raines - becoming a dud.

Ive had question marks on Bowden for a long time but im in a minority- never been impressed with his stats because roaming around a back pocket getting cheap kicks doesnt really impress me much.

Johnson should retire but wont because we already have to get rid of so many before him

Riewoldt- looks abit slow to me at this level atm. Maybe a 3rd tall.

Raines- thinks hes Tarzan the way he plays...lol...tries to do the big stuff, if he just concentrated on being effective he could get back to what he did last year.

massive problems with the playing list at punt road. IMO.

Passionfruit

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »
Raines has a problem.
He has developed a bad habit of taking players on who are coming directly at him. he tries to go right through them.
he should be trying to either run and carry on get on the overlap like he did last year, have seen very little of the Raines 2006 vintage this year.

Ox

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 08:55:26 PM »

Johnson - lmaooooooo

Jack - VFL

Raines - becoming a dud.

Ive had question marks on Bowden for a long time but im in a minority- never been impressed with his stats because roaming around a back pocket getting cheap kicks doesnt really impress me much.

Johnson should retire but wont because we already have to get rid of so many before him

Riewoldt- looks abit slow to me at this level atm. Maybe a 3rd tall.

Raines- thinks hes Tarzan the way he plays...lol...tries to do the big stuff, if he just concentrated on being effective he could get back to what he did last year.

massive problems with the playing list at punt road. IMO.

save me a chair for the minority meeting.
I'll be there around 8.
 Now,this is a fair dinkum question.

Has there ever been a WORSE captain in the AFL, EVER?
Think about the following things

1 Laughable skills.
2 - NEVER inspires team
3 - Scared of the REAL hard ball
4 - never talks
5 - responsible for @ least two losses this year,himself whilst NOT being responsible for any wins.
6 - The ability to enter a set play and completely kill its vibe.

I really would love to hear some of the more sensible posters view on this........as well as us

Passionfruit

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »
Have just ticked 1 through to 6.

he isnt inspirational and thats what captains or should I say leaders need to be.
Before Pavlich took over this year from Peter Bell as capatin of Freo, I would think that Bell is the type of leader any team would want. Kicked goals against the trend in games and actually ran his guts out for his team.

Bulluss

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 09:08:59 PM »
Dont think so Ox, our captain takes the cake.

Once again we were poorly coached, why would you start a game so defensive and continue to push numbers behind the ball. Sure if we were down by 10 goals and you were trying to stop the ship from sinking but from the first bounce??

As also mentioned skill errors were the major factor tonight with our so called leaders on top of the list.

Bowden is one of the most frustrating players to watch  :banghead

Johnson X two  :banghead

Richo is a champ, poor bastard works his ring off and gets let down time and time again. I bet he wished he played in a different team.

King was good tonight, i know as Jack said he made a bad mistake going third man up but he is still learning and will get better.

Edwards will be a champ also, great thinker and another pre-season he will be much better.

Tuck must go, no questions asked.

Passionfruit

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 09:14:07 PM »
I might just add that I wouldnt think they are tanking either, whats the point, Blues will get first pick, they arent going to win another game ;)
I wont start on the coaching and game plan, listen to tuesdays with the man from the solarium and he will give you his spin on it. ::)

Actually I will start, why wouldnt you play a half fit Simmonds out of the goal square on occassions ::)

Bulluss

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 09:16:59 PM »
Blues will get first pick, they arent going to win another game ;)

Our only chance is when they play Melb again in Rd 22. Other than that you wouldnt think they would win any more games.

Lakka

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 09:20:11 PM »
Crap skills crap captain and lazy as players. They just stand and wait to see which way the oppostion are going to run and then its too late!!! :banghead. Half of our players would struggle to get a game with the Mt Evelyn Reserves! >:(

Passionfruit

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »
Mt Evelyn reserves, I am tipping you would have to earn your kicks

Ox

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »
agree on Edwards.

I'm not bagging on Walace because simply,once again we had chances
but our conversion rate is abominable.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »
[Raines- thinks hes Tarzan the way he plays...lol...tries to do the big stuff, if he just concentrated on being effective he could get back to what he did last year.

Unfortunately I think you're right on this one.  Skills were shocking tonight.  Whoever is skills coach should be shot!  What's the point of getting Robbie Kearns to help with tackling if they aren't going to do it properly.  The tackling is at best, woeful.

Why wasn't that free for Johnson given as play-on, resulting in a Richo goal?  Umpire made Johnson take the kick.   Who was on Petrie?  And who dismissed Petrie earlier on the week as not being a threat?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Kangaroos rankings
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00:45 PM »
Rankings

Richo       129
Petrie       124
Jones       121
McMahon  115
Sinclair     113
Pratt         113
Grant        105
Harvey      102
King           98
Johnson      92
Newman     91

Swallow      89
Rawlings     89
Wells          87
Foley          87
Green         84
Tivendale    84
Pettifer       79
Polak          77

Simpson     74
Tambling    74
Howat        73
Edwards     71

Smith         70
L.Brown      67
Thursfield   66
J.Bowden    66

Harris         65
McIntosh    65
Deledio       63
Jackson      62

Watt          61
Firrito        61
Pattison     58
Simmonds 57
Tuck          56
Riewoldt     55

Hale           52
Raines        44
Archer        42
N.Brown     38
Lower         34
White         30
Campbell    15

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 11:25:27 PM »
You could tell after the first 5 minutes we didn't come to play. Pitiful. The standard of the game was as bad as the Brissy game. Says a lot about North that they only won by 25 points. Basically defeated us by working much harder as they demonstated many times chipping the ball along the boundary line into their forward line without us getting anywhere near it. We were tanking (you wouldn't have kept Jacko on Boomer Harvey for the whole game unless you wanted to give Daniel a football lesson which is what he got) but we didn't need to once the game started. The senior players/leaders as mentioned let us down badly again.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 11:46:47 PM »
Raines has a problem.
He has developed a bad habit of taking players on who are coming directly at him. he tries to go right through them.
he should be trying to either run and carry on get on the overlap like he did last year, have seen very little of the Raines 2006 vintage this year.
Totally agree Jack. Rainesy has forgotten that the first option is more often than not the best option. Mind you he wasn't alone in that regard tonight.

Tuck can't foot pass with precision. We already knew that. Just a player who gets the pill and punts it forward.

Joel can kick but took too long to get his kicks away tonight telegraphing them to the opposition who cut them off. When a teammate is 20m free on the wing he should know you don't have time to baulk around an opponent and then kick  :-X.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd