Author Topic: Richo man still delivers  (Read 2983 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo man still delivers
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:13:49 AM »
Well done Richo   :clapping

Wallace said his key forward Matthew Richardson was the only stand-out performer.

Richardson worked tirelessly to finish with four goals, 22 possessions and 12 marks.

"I thought we really only had one dominant player this evening and that was Matthew Richardson," Wallace said.

"I thought he was terrific in his endeavours and his workrate and everything that he did for the game.

"He really wanted to win."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22040194%255E19742,00.html

Again, Tiger veteran Richardson was deserving of special praise in a losing side.

There were the usual mistakes - including a simple miss in the last minute - but he finished with 4.3 and unselfishly gave opportunities to others.

Richardson took 12 marks, including three contested. By the end, he was out of gas.

But without the support of others, not even a rampant Richo could create enough danger to get Laidley and the Roos hopping.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22040148%255E19771,00.html

Laidley - "I spoke to Michael (Firrito) after the game and he said, 'I've played on all of the gun key forwards now and that guy (Richo) by far works harder and longer than any of them.' "

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22040193%255E19771,00.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richo man still delivers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 07:39:58 AM »
richo once again proved he should have been captain and not sugar

1/ terry should take note and drop sugar as captain immediately

2/ sugar should take note and retire cos he does not have one ounce of class and leadership that richo has!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »
The type of ball Richo gets from up the ground at times is staggering in terms of quality and execution which is why Richo is a bona fide champion as most other forwards get their ball delivered to them on a plate and Richo at times has to use his agility guile and strength to get it. For a number of years he was the top contested mark player in the league.

Richo at another club with decent service would have been a 100 goal a season goalkicker at least 3 or 4 times in his career. Kudos to the boy I love him in our side despite any issues he may have with his kicking at goal. :clapping

Passionfruit

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
Richo at another club would be a absolute SUPERSTAR.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 11:19:27 AM »
I am amazed that Richos work ethic and passion does not rub off onto a lot of other players.

He should be our player development coach with strictly no kicking coaching allowed.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 11:20:38 AM »
l have said for years l wanted to see Richo at another club cause his a true champion & would be a true reward for his football services but his so loyal the bigman & loves the Richmond fans so much he would never leave & has told me so himself many times  :clapping :clapping :clapping well done bigman

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »

errr - hello??

Would you like to withdraw those things you called him last night  :shh

I still have it on my mobile (which I now know how to use  ;D )

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:31:08 PM »
What - you'd like to see Richo at another club?  It would absolutely kill the club, and a lot of supporters, if he had ever been traded.  Isn't it enough that some people - greats in the game, call Richo a champion?  Maybe he might have been even greater but then there's the possibility he mightn't as well.  He's our champion and that's it! :gotigers

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
what can you say about Matthew Richardson ???

i didn't watch the match but from what i have read and heard he was our best ...

though it is disappointing that we can't find another dominate forward ...

Pettifer kick 3 which is good ... Brown did nothing ... and that was it ...

Matthew Richardson is just a champion ... and deserves success ... !!!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
What - you'd like to see Richo at another club?  It would absolutely kill the club, and a lot of supporters, if he had ever been traded.  Isn't it enough that some people - greats in the game, call Richo a champion?  Maybe he might have been even greater but then there's the possibility he mightn't as well.  He's our champion and that's it! :gotigers

what mmonk means is that if richo was at another club, the whole footy world woudl see just how brilliant he can be , we think he is great for us, imagine he played for sydney, wce, or port when they were always on top.
 who would have kicked over 1000 goals by now and be rewarded with a grandfinal or too!
richo will always be remembed and a richmond and afl great player and champion, but if he played elsewhere he woudl have been remembered as a true legend of teh game and been up there with ablett and matthews

Passionfruit

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 02:55:50 PM »

errr - hello??

He shouldnt be missing goals from 15 metres out mjs. ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

errr - hello??

He shouldnt be missing goals from 15 metres out mjs. ::)

i knew he would miss that goal, womn 100 dollars off a mate cos i bet him ehe would miss because he was so bloody tired there was no way he would kick str8, i knew he would stuff up his ball drop, fatigue kills and can make a fool out of u

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »
i knew he would miss that goal, womn 100 dollars off a mate cos i bet him ehe would miss because he was so bloody tired there was no way he would kick str8, i knew he would stuff up his ball drop, fatigue kills and can make a fool out of u

:clapping agree xXx - he had run 80 metres up the ground to make a lead that was ignored, doubled back to the goal square and fell to his knees when taking the mark - he was absolutely stuffed

But he is an absolute champion. OUR CHAMPION

And in fortnights time every tiger supporter, no matter how ticked off with the club they maybe should make their way to the MCG to pay the due respect this bloke so thoroughly deserves

Richo's 250th be there people

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Passionfruit

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
Might take my daughter, she is 5 and loves the ""Richo man""

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »
that will be our 2nd and last win for the yr

go tigers!

and go blues!!!!!!