Author Topic: Shultz  (Read 2691 times)

Birdman

Shultz
« on: July 15, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »
Why Sarge wasnt out worst today, it was really evident today how often he loses his feet in a marking contest.

Fell over like a wet rag everytime he went to mark the ball today and it just isnt acceptable.

Bye,bye

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Shultz
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »
Agree, should more than likely be used as trade bait but unure what his market worth may be.
After 2005 disaster with drinking driving incident and sponsorship loss owed the club big time and lamentably overall has failed to deliver.
Bye Bye Jay

Time to bite the bullet and if Terry is honest to himself but most of all to us the fans play Cleve and Jack for the rest of the year in the fwd line or thereabouts regardless of opponent. We have nothing to lose only the knowledge of whether these boys long term will be able to cut the mustard in the top flight.  Please Terry  :pray :pray :pray

Passionfruit

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
Should do a Gaspar with him, he is worth nothing

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:45:40 AM »

No point cutting him mow, keep him and offer him as trade bait, who knows what might happen.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »
I didn't think Sarge was our worst either yesterday but what would have made Terry chuck his headphones about would've been that reversed free when we had a little run on kicking the two goals in a row in the third quarter. If we had scored again the margin would have been back to just over a kick however the Hawks got the next two goals and it was game over.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »
Bye,bye
He'll be at RFC next year.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:23 PM »
He'll be at RFC next year.
Yep, unless he decides he wants to go. He has a contract until the end of 2008.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »
It seems to me that Sarge will never make it while Richo is there, he is one of those full forwards that needs the full forward area to himself.

It's a shame, because I think he is good enough to hold down the role.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Ox

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 05:00:24 PM »
It seems to me that Sarge will never make it while Richo is there, he is one of those full forwards that needs the full forward area to himself.

i agree Dallus,

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »

i agree Dallus,

ditto, don't know why people are crapping on his performance yesterday,

Still a fair way to go for Sarge but he might just be turning the corner.

Skill level was good, liked his forward pressure, worked up the ground and laid two beaut tackles.

He is a full-forward, Richo running back disrupts his space and he needs to just gallop between the 50m arc setting up goals rather than kicking them himself.

FooffooValve

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 10:48:08 AM »
I wouldn't be trading schulz just yet, though he won't make it as a forward, just not smart enough or good enough. He's a good kick, so should be playing in the backline.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 02:21:07 PM »
Move Richo up the ground/play him in spurts off the bench and plonk Sarge up forward for the year.
Barring pathetic performances leave him there and see what happens.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
I actually thought Schulz was pretty good - far from dominant but he worked hard all day.  That reversed free looked kinda dumb, but on replay I thought the bloke he smacked made a meal of it. 

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »
I actually thought Schulz was pretty good - far from dominant but he worked hard all day.  That reversed free looked kinda dumb, but on replay I thought the bloke he smacked made a meal of it. 

ditto, but the key for Sarge, and prob Meyer for that matter, is to sustain this effort

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Plough says he has confidence in Schulz for the future
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »
"I still have confidence in Jay for the future." - Plough in EOTT

Going by Plough in his latest EOTT match report today, Sarge isn't going anywhere at the end of the year. Terry basically said our forwards are being starved due our lack of inside 50s which points the finger at our midfielders.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd