Author Topic: WE NEED RADICAL AND TOUGH CHANGES FOR OUR FUTURE  (Read 1253 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
WE NEED RADICAL AND TOUGH CHANGES FOR OUR FUTURE
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »
WE NEED RADICAL AND TOUGH CHANGES FOR OUR FUTURE

and i dont mean sack the coach. 
the club really need to think about tomorrow not today. the future is infont of us and the past should stay behind us. reputations, status, years of service should not play a foctor. its time to get tough and make the real hard decisions.

terry gave these guys 3 years now to have a crack to make finals, out of respect for these blokes he held the development of the team back, just to respect these blokes who have given their all and yrs of service to our great club. what terry did was honorable, and i could understand why he did it. well he gave these guys 3 yrs , and thats enough, so now its time to say goodbye to these and others and strip the list right back . these players are all part of the cancer at tigerland and must be let go, and some have contracted tigercancer since being here.

its time that players like Richo, captainSugardud, joel bowden, were told to retire for the betterment of richmond.
its time for richmond to trade /delist player like hartigan, hyde, tuck, tivendale, schulz, KK, white, krak.
we know gas hall and knobs are gone

thats 14 players from our current list that have to go, no questions asked

its time to make brown our captain. he is our only inspirational player we have
deledio must be our vc
and patto dvc, this yr has shown he is a young man with character and that competive edge

we must get tough as a club and do this no questions asked

and its time for big mouth david king to be given the boot

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: WE NEED RADICAL AND TOUGH CHANGES FOR OUR FUTURE
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »
As much as we would like another cleanout, the reality is the lack of depth of this year's draft will mean there won't be anywhere near as many changes as probably everyone wants. A trade or two, 4-5 picks including the priority pick say in the National draft and then maybe one PSD pick-up which may very well offer up someone no better than Knobel. No way will there be 14 changes in one year. Sadly there was and is no short term fix to where we are at.

As for a big "name" being offered up for trade - it won't surprise me if that does happen after our past two games. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Birdman

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:58:34 PM »
Bowden must be given the flick.

Yesterday's game showed why Ox thinks he is a weak pr&8k.

34 touches and he got towelled up, you wont see a bigger show pony running around in the AFL.

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
we must try and upgrade our priority pick, that will mean we have to sacrifice a player. Joel Bowden may have to be sacrificed. Our first picks are critical. Especially our second and 3rd selection.

1) Matthew Kreuzer or Cale Morton - whoever is available and in that order at our 1st pick

2) Alex Rance- is the key player for us in this draft. Whilst others have doubts, for the last 2 months I have said on this forum that Rance was doing some nice things in junior footy in WA. Unfortunately all and sundry have now cottoned on. Rance at 194cm is the player who could become the key rebounding full back.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »
I can't see Joel Bowden being "sacrificed".
Putting aside the fact he's a ball magnet and star player, he is eligible to go onto the veterans list next year which gives options with list management and frees up salary cap room by only half his salary being counted towards Total Player Payments.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »
That's what I think will stop Joel being sacrificed too FF. $$$ or lack of has a big say in decisions at the RFC.

A change of position could also be good for Joel. If we can find a KP defender then take the shackles away and play him forward next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
A change of position could also be good for Joel. If we can find a KP defender then take the shackles away and play him forward next year.
Yeah, even though he's held down a key position I think he's a perfect attacking back flanker.

He instigates a fair percentage of our attacking moves. I reckon Joel has carried the can for someone else's crap in 2 games in particular. The first is this week against Hawthorn and the other was against Melbourne last year.
Both times he had mega possessions but had multiple goals kicked on him.
Both times it wasn’t him constantly turning the ball over between the wing and half forward, usually the next possession after his, which didn’t give him time to get back and properly cover the key forward who was his man after he had run and carried up field with the ball.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »
 you wont see a bigger show pony running around in the AFL.
No way. He is a class player who is consistently good.Even his worst efforts are not without some element of merit.

Tall poppy syndrome?
Let's look for scapegoats?

Bowden is a dedicated professional who has given 10 years of loyal service to the club. He deserves greater respect.

I just read your post, ff. Well said.

Passionfruit

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »
 you wont see a bigger show pony running around in the AFL.
No way. He is a class player who is consistently good.Even his worst efforts are not without some element of merit.

Tall poppy syndrome?
Let's look for scapegoats?

Bowden is a dedicated professional who has given 10 years of loyal service to the club. He deserves greater respect.

I just read your post, ff. Well said.

Forget about Loyal service, just ask Andrew Kellaway ::)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »
leaning more towards FF and GB's arguments

but Jack makes a good point about the treatment of Chubba