Author Topic: Bracksy to resign  (Read 4777 times)

Moi

Bracksy to resign
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:33:58 AM »
Just heard!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Bracksy to resign
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 12:19:54 PM »
From the outside looking in (QLD) he looked like he was a pretty good premier.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »
I didn't know you lived in Qld Jake.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »
Been moving around a lot the last few years but back in Brissy now.

Actually live about 10 mins walk from the Gabba so if you ever need somewhere to crash after the game

:shh ;) :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Bracksy to resign / Thwaites gone too
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:21 PM »
Obviously what happened with his son was the trigger. He wouldn't be getting out of politics altogether immediately otherwise. Terri Bracks' comments about being glad to have him back said it all.

IMO history will probably judge him as a good premier but not a great one. Did what he had to do in terms of the economy and state services but nothing too groundbreaking. Perhaps the reforms of the upper house will be his major legacy.

Deputy Premier John Thwaites has announced his resignation too this arvo. A fair bit of experience gone in one day for state Labor.

Say hello to Premier John Brumby. Who would have thought that would happen 10 years ago.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »
kudos to Bracksy for standing up against that megalomaniac excuse of a PM John Howard ( :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck :chuck) over the water situation  :clapping

good luck for the future

retygas

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 11:32:30 AM »
Bracks was and is a total idiot. I'm glad the morron has finished. I will never vote Labour here again. As they think Victoria is Melbourne, Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong, anything outside of that is just rubbish. I will show him the same compassion he has shown our district over the years, I will dance on his political grave and have a beer.
And as to the water fight. All he wanted to do was take it from us and pipe it down to Melbourne. So if he let the government take over the water. There was no  chance for this to happen and that's the reason why he was against it.
He has shown no compassion at all the the irrigators here. All I  have seen him do is backhander our district for the betterment of Melbourne.
I know this will get a few going but it's the truth and I will stick by it.
Bracks  :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
Bracks was and is a total idiot. I'm glad the morron has finished. I will never vote Labour here again. As they think Victoria is Melbourne, Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong, anything outside of that is just rubbish. I will show him the same compassion he has shown our district over the years, I will dance on his political grave and have a beer.
And as to the water fight. All he wanted to do was take it from us and pipe it down to Melbourne. So if he let the government take over the water. There was no  chance for this to happen and that's the reason why he was against it.
He has shown no compassion at all the the irrigators here. All I  have seen him do is backhander our district for the betterment of Melbourne.
Bracks  :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink

I take it you live way out in the sticks don't you

retygas

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »
Sure do

Moi

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »
Sick of whinging, whining farmers
They whine about everything and then put their hand out every time for government assistance.
Then they whinge about water and probably have a stuffing rice crop lol
No sympathy!

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »

Maybe Essendon can do a three way swap

Bomber Thomson to Essendon as coach

Sheeds to be Premier

and Bracks to coach Geelong.

:rollin

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »

Sheeds to be Premier

Was someone from here just on 3aw (and pinched my idea)?

:banghead

Moi

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »

Sheeds to be Premier

Was someone from here just on 3aw (and pinched my idea)?

:banghead
Or did you pinch their idea lol
Wasn't me, 1965

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 06:32:45 PM »
Given Melbourne and those regional cities containing most of Victoria's population it's not a surprise. Political parties care mainly about marginal seats.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd