Author Topic: "Money men" away from Richmond making a coaching play - Hutchy  (Read 14216 times)

Moi

Re: "Money men" away from Richmond making a coaching play - Hutchy
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »
I dont actually want Gary to leave , although he is a Wallace man and I think he might have backed himself into a corner ,thats all.
There are quite a few Wallace men, as you say - should we all leave?
 :rollin

The nerve of you people  :banghead

Ox

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »
Sheedy to take an assistan role in 08 @ the RFC.

Round 11,Wallace walks after being unofficially replaced-We dont pay him out- the board turns on him-his life becomes painful.

Sheedy becomes caretaker for remainder of 08 @ minimum wage until end of season when
position is reviewed and ultimately given the senior coaching job.

This would be the most cost effective way to condut such a ludicrous mutiny

ahem..

Passionfruit

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »
I dont actually want Gary to leave , although he is a Wallace man and I think he might have backed himself into a corner ,thats all.
There are quite a few Wallace men, as you say - should we all leave?
 :rollin

The nerve of you people  :banghead

The nerve of who ?
Can tell you something, if I performed in my employment to the standards that have been set this year, I wouldnt expect to be employed much longer, contract or no contract ::)
1 win in 17 is a disgrace to say the least.
Might ad that Geelong is shortest price team in history this week.
And furthermore, some posters here just dont realise what a laughing stock the RFC is to other people in the AFL..

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »
I am the first to admit i am a bit slow at times so i will ask  , are the people
trying to do this officially connected to the club(ie on the board) or are we just talking about people
with no role at the club?

FooffooValve

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »

How about the "money men" put the money into player recruitment and development

Sensational point Gracie.  :thumbsup

if these "money men" genuinely had the best interests of the RFC at heart then they would be lining up to spend the money where it is desperately needed. but no, it has to be a power play and another coach has to get it in the neck. disgusting.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
Name one AFL coach who would've been able to take this list to September glory.  You can't demand a coach to blood more kids and then bay for his blood when he does.  We were always going to bottom out for a couple of years during the transition - in fact, this has very possibly been delayed a couple of years BECAUSE Wallace is a decent coach.  

I think TW has handled his job pretty astutely given the resources at his disposal.  As Jezza and Gracie pointed out - what waste of money!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »

If these people have that much money to throw around, how about putting it to use for extra recruiting staff, more gym equipment, most staff etc? Nope, let's blow it on repeating the same mistakes...
That would be too sensible and logical for them to comprehend. It wouldn't give them a sense of power over Club decisions either  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »

If these people have that much money to throw around, how about putting it to use for extra recruiting staff, more gym equipment, most staff etc? Nope, let's blow it on repeating the same mistakes...
That would be too sensible and logical for them to comprehend. It wouldn't give them a sense of power over Club decisions either  ::).
Hit the nail on the head - they want to be powerful, then dine out on it for the next year - selfish!

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

The nerve of who ?
Can tell you something, if I performed in my employment to the standards that have been set this year, I wouldnt expect to be employed much longer, contract or no contract ::)
1 win in 17 is a disgrace to say the least.
Might ad that Geelong is shortest price team in history this week.
And furthermore, some posters here just dont realise what a laughing stock the RFC is to other people in the AFL..

3 and a half wins with a superior list is just as bad..Yet you want the guy who produced that , go figure..

Your right in that when you win 1 and a half games you probably shouldn't expect to be employed much longer..But thats not your call or the call of these faceless people
outside the club..Definately not the call of dogs like Ron Joseph either...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 03:47:27 PM »

Hit the nail on the head - they want to be powerful, then dine out on it for the next year - selfish!
Selfish is the word GB. Pandering to their ego.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »
Name one AFL coach who would've been able to take this list to September glory.  You can't demand a coach to blood more kids and then bay for his blood when he does.  We were always going to bottom out for a couple of years during the transition - in fact, this has very possibly been delayed a couple of years BECAUSE Wallace is a decent coach.  

I think TW has handled his job pretty astutely given the resources at his disposal.  As Jezza and Gracie pointed out - what waste of money!!!

no one is saying any coach would have taken this list to september glory

but

these are the questions i am asking and this proves terry cannot coach

1/ why is it after 3 years at the helm, the rfc skill level is no better than ever b4, but in actual fact the skill level (what there was) is declining?

2/ why is it when players that have been out for a yr or more, they have not put on any bulk and size during their rehab and why is iit after 2/3 yrs, players are still stick thin ?

3/ why dosnt the rfc have any real leadership, on or off the field?

4/ why do players that continually turn the ball over, repeatedly get selected to play?

5/ you said that young players would get the nod over senior players if they show equal or better form? u r a liar!!!

6/ why dont the players play with any passion and pride?

7/ why are our players so mentally and physically fragile?

8/ why after 18 rounds of football, richo still does not know how to use his body and cant understand that hands in the back is cheating? who is not teaching him to correct this childish problem, and other problems he has?

9/ why cant the team ,still, get the ball out of defensive 50 with any real set plan or stucture?

10/ why are we so pathetic at kicking out after a point?

11/ why are players continually played out of position?

12/ why do u as a coach , mainly follow another teams lead and copy them, eg hawks try a small (brown) in bigger fwds so u try the same with raines and it totall f ups. why cannot you coach with ur own brain and stop playing copy cat???

13/ why do u keep making bs statements and a week later do exactly the opposiste that u bs and spin on tanking it with terry on tuesdays.

the questions can go on

terry cannot coach full stop

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »
I guess it all comes down to this....Are these "money men" about making the RFC a successful club on field and off field or are they just after the car space?? I'm betting the latter.  ::) Nobody is going to pour stacks of cash into recruitment training and facilites. That's not business, thats Philanthropy.

Someone should give Warren Buffett a call. After all he has 44 billion he's looking to give away for needy causes.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »

We are a laughing stock because we continue to make the same dumb decisions over and over. Everyone else is crying with laughter as some idiots wet themselves over what they think Sheedy can bring to the club.

Couldn't care less if they are laughing at us. Stick to our plan and reassess at the end of 2009 instead of blind panic and knee jerk reactions

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »
some posters here just dont realise what a laughing stock the RFC is to other people in the AFL..

The thing that Richmond is a laughing stock for is continually sacking coaches.
Seems some people just want the laughs to keep coming non-stop.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

We are a laughing stock because we continue to make the same dumb decisions over and over. Everyone else is crying with laughter as some idiots wet themselves over what they think Sheedy can bring to the club.

Couldn't care less if they are laughing at us. Stick to our plan and reassess at the end of 2009 instead of blind panic and knee jerk reactions
Well said Gracie :clapping

We are under the media gun because no one else is left now to pick apart except for perhaps Neil Craig who'll probably cop it if the Crows miss the finals (but that'll be only in Adelaide so the Melbourne journos won't care). The media only care about scoring scalps to sells papers and generate ratings. Four clubs have caved under media pressure in the past month and bet your bottom dollar they expect us to do the same based solely on our past history to do so. Time this club stuck to its guns and long term planning instead of pandering to the whims and quick-fixes of those who deep down couldn't give a stuff about what's best for the RFC.