Author Topic: Next Coach of RFC irrespective of whether he starts in 2008, 2009 or 2010  (Read 1878 times)

Ramps

Whose your preference to be the next Tiger Boss? Taking everything into account- Age, experience, the future, etc etc etc.

Gordon Bennett

Whose your preference to be the next Tiger Boss? Taking everything into account- Age, experience, the future, etc etc etc.
This is totally irrelevant, ramps, and rather pointless.We've got a coach now - deal with your question when he is no longer the coach.

Passionfruit

Totally relevant!
Ramps is dealing with the question as Wallet is on his last legs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Unless one of these has some magic potion to make our cubs age 5 years in one summer then agree with GB.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

Unless one of these has some magic potion to make our cubs age 5 years in one summer then agree with GB.

Has nothing to do with age. ::)
More to do with players being motivated to do well and have a crack.
Play for the jumper and play under duress.
We havent played under ANY intensity ALL YEAR ::)
And people here want ANOTHER 2 years of crap do they ::)
Good Luck!

Moi

I think our young kids have given it a go.
It's the old brigade who've got their noses out of joint and think their heads are on the line like Gasper.
We don't need these guys any more, that think if we play like dogs we can get rid of another coach.
By sacking the coach, you're just pandering to their pathetic ways and just perpetuating the rubbish we've seen for the last 26 years.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
i wanna see  bond knights and sheedy as our coaches

sheedy as head coach for 2-3 yrs and then have bond or knighter or both take over while sheeds takes another role at the club

we need tiger ppl at tigerland

Passionfruit

sheedy as head coach for 2-3 yrs and then have bond or knighter or both take over while sheeds takes another role at the club

Thats correct.
No more Used Cars Salesman come Snake Oil salesman, No more Spud Farmers, No more Gieschs or Walls types,

Ramps

this is the scenario that i support as well for those that asked lol.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
If it came to it.

Chris Bond.

The rest I'd want to stay the hell away from!  Either no good or too old.  :outtahere
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Malthouse for sentimental reasons

McKenna because he is going to be a great coach.

Tigermonk

Chris Bond would make a great coach for any club one day
instructs well

Wallace has had 3 years he took us to 9th
now he has taken us to a wooden spoon
it must be reviewed seriously at end of year

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I might be alone here, but I reckon Buckley will make a good coach (I rate his football brain a lot higher than Voss). Someone of oustanding skills, clearly an area we are lacking in

I think we need to be bringing on someone from a winning, professional side who brings in experience of what the top sides are doing to maintain success. Sides that know about how sports scientists are involved and getting the most out of the players, sides that know how to structure recruiting departments the right way and have the right processes in place. None of the coaching staff we have at the moment have that.

I'd be looking at guys who are assistants at sides like Collingwood and West Coast, so people like McKenna and Sumich would be worth looking in to.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
I might be alone here, but I reckon Buckley will make a good coach (I rate his football brain a lot higher than Voss). Someone of oustanding skills, clearly an area we are lacking in

I think we need to be bringing on someone from a winning, professional side who brings in experience of what the top sides are doing to maintain success. Sides that know about how sports scientists are involved and getting the most out of the players, sides that know how to structure recruiting departments the right way and have the right processes in place. None of the coaching staff we have at the moment have that.

agree about buckley jezza

voss has no where near the intelligence of buckley, voss is a dead beat! just lucky he was in a great team, sure he was a fantastic player but still a dead beat and speaks like one too!
buckley has only one flaw, he is a pie, but he really knows his stuff and is more ready to coach that voss imo

I'd be looking at guys who are assistants at sides like Collingwood and West Coast, so people like McKenna and Sumich would be worth looking in to.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Putting obvious bias aside Buckley would make a heaps better coach than Vossy.
I would stick with a former Tiger as a preference though.
Malthouse - Yep (would have to put to the back of my mind his time at WCE and Skunks though)  :rollin
Bond seems to be a smart type.
Knights needs to serve an apprentership to show his worth, at Richmond as assistant, maybe.

Sheeds - Not as coach as such, but would love him at the club.

Not until I see what Wallace can achieve next year mind you.....