Author Topic: Double milestone this week - Pettifer's 100th game, Tambo's 50th.  (Read 953 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Congrats to both  :gotigers

Re: Double milestone this week - Pettifer's 100th game, Tambo's 50th.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:26:26 PM »

Tamblings been with us for 50 games.

Will wonders never cease.

Let's hope he turns it on.

:gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
Ton-up for Tiger Kayne
7/08/2007 2:34:51 PM
Angus Morgan
Sportal

"I was playing some good games where I'd kick goals and a week later I was playing games where I was probably touching the ball four or five times in the game which just wasn't acceptable," Pettifer said of the early years.

"But in the last three or four years I've changed a lot and I've come a long way from where I was and to play 100 is a good honour and I'm pretty proud (to come) from where I was."

"This year I've kicked more goals at this stage than I have in previous years so the ball is coming down but when it does come down we've got to make the most of it," Pettifer said.

"It's not all negative; there are some very positive signs there."

"It is time to take that next step in my career and be a leader out there," he said.

"There were some questions over Kayne and where his football was heading … and I've found that in my time here he's worked extremely hard and become one of the key players in our line-up," said Wallace.

Full article at: http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/ton-up-for-tiger-kayne-32796

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:46 PM »
Good luck to both boys.
Prove the doubters wrong and give us an
added reason on Friday by beating the Scum. :thumbsup

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »
Yeah it's good to see the young guys starting to rack 'em up now.  If Lids plays out the season he'll've notched over 60 games.  Tambo's next like you said and then Schulz, Raines & Foley are within cooee of 50 too.  After them there's a cluster of about 10-12 guys who've played 12-35 games.  In a couple of seasons they should all be between the 50-100 game mark and we'll have pensioned off a few of the oldies.  We're getting there. :)