Author Topic: What a difference it makes when.................  (Read 2715 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
What a difference it makes when.................
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »
THE SENIOR PLAYERS FINALLY STAND UP AND PLAY AT A LEVEL THAT IS REQUIRED!

we finally saw sugar "captain " the team, bt far his best game of the year, not just by his decision making and skilllevel, but his leadership

joel bowden playing more accountable and playing more aggressive and direct out of the the backline

tuck, not shanking every kick

richo, playing a team game, not a richo game

tiv, was not fantastic, he was clearly beaten on the night, but he played a role and didnt stuff up his disposal and didnt play scared!

brown just being browny, hi leadership last night was invaluable

so what did we see, we saw a raw young team, take a more fancied opponant to the cleaners, sure we still made mistakes, but the score board flattered the skunks

but............

the most impressive  thing to me was not the score....it was

the unity! the team finally played 4 one another, for the first time we saw 22 players looking out 4 one another and playing "happy" and with great emotion. in turn they had more confidence and skills were way up.
this is the only game this year where the team actually looked like they wanted to play and were happy to play.  first game this year were every peice of play that deserved a celebration , got one! every good bit of play was acknowledged by teammates with a pat on the head, butt or back!

its the first time we had a coach looked composed and relaxed. maybe terry has been listening to the fans, maybe not , but i find it ironic that he gave total ownership to the players, the senior players took control and designed teh training for teh week, the senior players picked the team for the week, the senior players chose the game plan they wanted and look what happened.  some may say , terry had no idea thus told the players to take over, some may say thet terry cant coach so gave responsibility to the team.

i say

terry finally coached well cos he listened to his team and took it on board and didnt act like a know all dictator. terry finally stopped geting all scientific and just let the boys play footy! i hope from now on , this becomes our game plan, just to go out and play one on one footy.

we still need work on getting the ball out of defence more fluently but we are still young

its only one game, but our yr ended by rnd 11, its all about building momentum and belief for next yr.

i mentioned in another post the other day that last nights game is the game that we will turn back in a couple of years and say, thats the game where the tide turned and the rfc got its  mojo back.

our yr has been a disaster, but we have beaten the pies!
all we have to do is beat the bombers in rnd 21 and then we can at least salvage something out of this yr and build for next.

ps, all you peoples who said jackson is no good! we must keep this kid because he will be a gun, and he loves the biff! he stands his own ground and he has red hair!

and on a side note, thursty and mguane will become the two best defenders in the afl, with a bit more experience and weight, they will become the dominant defensive duo .

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: What a difference it makes when.................
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »
how long will this last  :shh

nah just kidding, good posting X  :clapping

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
as long as they have a true dip, the result does not matter. if they have a real go and dont play continual "stupid" footy, they will always have my support

but

if they go back to "stupid" footy and "selfish" footy, they will have the Xman breathing doen their neck

imo, last night should set a standard, any level of committment and team work below that is unsatisfactory

the test is not just next week, but the following few games

go tiges

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »
as long as they have a true dip, the result does not matter. if they have a real go and dont play continual "stupid" footy, they will always have my support

but

if they go back to "stupid" footy and "selfish" footy, they will have the Xman breathing doen their neck

imo, last night should set a standard, any level of committment and team work below that is unsatisfactory

the test is not just next week, but the following few games

go tiges

agreed

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Yeah it was amazing that when the seniors finally matched the youngsters endeavour themselves it created a team that looked, dare I say it, finals worthy.

Too little too late but damn it's a great feeling to beat those skunks!

Yes he gave responsibility to the players IN THE WEEK but it was still Terry coaching on gameday.  I think by him doing that it gave the seniors a feeling of superiority and ownership over the youngsters.  This made them support the youngsters all the way like we showed.   :thumbsup

NEWMAN SHOULDN'T KICK OUT, EVER!  :banghead

Jacko took his opportunity, Got in a few fights and gave Dane Swan a few more to go on with.

Howat didnt.  Cya!

Thursty and McGuane, well they showed composure beyond their years. McGuane cant kick, but he can defend very well so he's not alone in that area, he'll be fine :thumbsup

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
how good was it when browny pick-pocketed Fraser from the ruck and snapped a goal  :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow the maestro at his best

Bull

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
The sad thing is that it has taken them this long to have a crack.

Fantastic win, but why has it taken so long to actually have a crack like that?

Hopefully it is the turning point aka Hawthorn from last year.

All i want to do for the rest of the season is beat the Bombers in Rd21.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »
Can I be greedy and order a win against the bombers and the Saints. I would love it if we were instrumental in destroying the saints finals chances! :pray

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 01:57:07 PM »
we can only win 1 more game this season. 2 wins means we lose the 2nd round priority and we need it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 03:07:12 PM »
I agree Ramps and would prefer it to be Essendon if we were to win 1 as we owe them big time. The match when Sheeds broke Dick Reynolds record against us in 1998 still sits with me. Hopefully revenge will be sweet.
I have always said we are a different proposition to teams in front of huge crowds
eg 80 or 90 thousand.
Having said that I do not think we will win another game this year. Priority pick attained.

richmondrules

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
Agree with everything you say except

tiv, was not fantastic, he was clearly beaten on the night, but he played a role and didnt stuff up his disposal and didnt play scared!

Do you really think he was beaten? I didn't notice that but I had a limited view only seeing it on the TV, you don't get to see all the stuff happening off the ball. I thought he was really good doing some really good things. I see him as one of the more important senior players. Him and Jonno are our only two experienced mid-fielders. When they get it right our mid-field looks so much better.

Agree TW coached well. It must be so much easier for a coach when the team stands up and is accountable. When the players don't play any coach is going to look stupid. We don't have a problem with Terry, I think last night give us a glimpse of where we are heading.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »

Do you really think he was beaten? I didn't notice that but I had a limited view only seeing it on the TV, you don't get to see all the stuff happening off the ball. I thought he was really good doing some really good things. I see him as one of the more important senior players. Him and Jonno are our only two experienced mid-fielders. When they get it right our mid-field looks so much better.

Agree TW coached well. It must be so much easier for a coach when the team stands up and is accountable. When the players don't play any coach is going to look stupid. We don't have a problem with Terry, I think last night give us a glimpse of where we are heading.

in the first half thomas owned tiv, thomas was fantastic for them , but after half time, iirc a change was made and sugar went to thomas and thomas was shut right out of the game and sugar kept on having an influence.

tivs first half , imo, he was beaten badly but he did get better as the game went on

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »

i know its easier when u r winning, but terry imo, looked much more relaxed and comfortable in the coaches box

i think during the week , the rfc must have done alot of soul searching, not just the players, but even the coaches.

im not stressing as much about our future, not because we won, just because the energy and vibe that the team had and the coach had was positive.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »
Heres to that vibe following on into this week and our trip to Perth.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »
Heres to that vibe following on into this week and our trip to Perth.

i will be there watching, i dont care if we lose, just as long as we have a real dip and play the same structure as last night. one on one. if we go in with the right attitude and run run run, anything can happen. but iu cant bag your team if they have a real hot go regardless the result
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:35:15 AM by xXx »