Author Topic: 2007 NAB Draft  (Read 38425 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2007 NAB Draft
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »
I reckon it would worth punting on Selwood (at pick 19) - simply because he is a Selwood and the younger ones seem to be better than the twins  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2007, 10:02:57 PM »
I reckon it would worth punting on Selwood (at pick 19) - simply because he is a Selwood and the younger ones seem to be better than the twins  ;D

that is around where I got him locked in, his leg injury would also probably push him down the order.

IMO he has the potential to be somewhere between adam and joel in quality therefore a very solid consistent performer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »

that is around where I got him locked in, his leg injury would also probably push him down the order.

IMO he has the potential to be somewhere between adam and joel in quality therefore a very solid consistent performer
If Selwood falls to our second pick I'll be a happy boy. I've just got a feeling that his surname will push him up much higher in the draft than if he were named Joe Smith. With his 3 older brothers making it in the big time and him classed as somewhere between the twins and Joel in quality, he'll come across to AFL clubs as almost a guaranteed AFL footballer barring injury.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »

If Selwood falls to our second pick I'll be a happy boy. I've just got a feeling that his surname will push him up much higher in the draft than if he were named Joe Smith. With his 3 older brothers making it in the big time and him classed as somewhere between the twins and Joel in quality, he'll come across to AFL clubs as almost a guaranteed AFL footballer barring injury.

without a doubt that pedigree is hard to ignore. And as you said his name by itself would make recruiters take more notice of him. But IMHO is not worth a top tenner, looks like becoming a daniel cross/harris type mid. A type of player you need for that midfield grunt but not a player to throw a top pick at. Either him or Vezpremi at 18-20 would make me very very happy, we need more hardness in our team

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »

without a doubt that pedigree is hard to ignore. And as you said his name by itself would make recruiters take more notice of him. But IMHO is not worth a top tenner, looks like becoming a daniel cross/harris type mid. A type of player you need for that midfield grunt but not a player to throw a top pick at. Either him or Vezpremi at 18-20 would make me very very happy, we need more hardness in our team
That plus a tall with the other pick straight after and we will have done well IMO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007, 04:01:44 AM »
Draft Camp Invites

VIC:
Matthew Kreuzer, Brett Meredith, Trent Cotchin, Patrick Veszpremi, Jack Grimes,
David Zaharakis, Jarrod Grant, Scott Simpson, John McCarthy, Steven Gaertner,
Callan Ward, Will Sullivan, Lachlan Hill, Hugh Sandilands, Harry Croft, Andy Otten,
James Polkinghorne, Jeremy Laidler, Mitchell Farmer, Darcy Daniher, Addam Maric,
Jackson Hall, Dan McKenna, Brent Connelly, Haelen Kay, Patrick Dangerfield,
Guy O'Keefe, Ed Curnow, Lachlan Henderson, Chris Kangars, Clayton Hinkley,
Ashley Hockey, Ashley Arrowsmith, Matt Austin, Myke Cook, Michael Dell'Aquila,
Ryan Normington, Scott Selwood, Robert Tarrant, Matthew Lobbe, Ben McEvoy,
Dawson Simpson, Nic Cattapan, Peter Robertson, Phil Smith and Dean Putt. (46)

WA:
Cale Morton, Rhys Palmer, David Myers, Chris Masten, Alex Rance, Tony Notte,
Tayte Pears, Paddy McGinnity,Matthew Deboer, Cruize Garlett, Jarrhan Jacky,
Mayne, Bonney, Steven Browne, Simon Starling, David Gourdis, Luke Sampey. (17)

SA: Brad Ebert, Jared Petrenko, Nick Murphy, Levi Greenwood, Tom McNamara (5)

NSW: Tony Armstrong (1)

NT: Cyril Rioli, Marlon Motlop (2)

TAS: Tom Collier, Aaron Joseph, Tom Bellchambers, Jay Bowden (4)

QLD: Sam Reid, Joey Daye, James Mulligan, Joel Smouha, David Hill, John Williams, Brendan Whitecross (7)

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8503777&postcount=1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 04:43:46 AM »
Carlton are making out they would consider trading their first pick for an established player.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22386157%255E19742,00.html

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2007, 08:21:44 AM »

agree.....if selwood is still available at our 2nd pick....i'd take him and a big man straight after.....Tom collier/tayte pears would be good.....selwood's hardness is still something that we need more of....and...u can never have too many quality mids....in a few years, our more senior mids woulkd have departed (johnson, tivendale) etc so it's good to have picked up selwood and cotchin in this draft....both tiger supporters too....which is a bonus...

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 10:45:50 AM »
still hoping rance can slip but colliier or pears would be handy acquisitions. Also keep an eye on Dawson Simpson, I realy like this kid, fantastic height for a ruckman and his rate of improvement has been astronomical this year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 04:45:04 PM »
Cotchin was BOG today and Veszpremi kicked 8 goals in the Northern Knights' 53 point win over Gippsland in the TAC Cup Qualifying Final.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
Cotchin was BOG today and Veszpremi kicked 8 goals in the Northern Knights' 53 point win over Gippsland in the TAC Cup Qualifying Final.

go cotchin  :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »

One more win for the Knights and we'll be able to watch him on tv early on Grand Final day.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »

One more win for the Knights and we'll be able to watch him on tv early on Grand Final day.

they play that on live to air?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 04:24:39 AM »
Reported on SEN that Matt Kreuzer won the 2007 Morrish Medal and the Coaches Award. Adrian Totino was runner-up in the Morrish.

TAC Cup Team Of The Year

B: Farmer (Calder)          Hurley (Northern)          Kay (Gippsland)
HB: Ward (Western)        Kangars (Geelong)       Cheney (North Ballarat)
C: Hall (Gippsland)          Polkinghorne (Calder)   Arrowsmith (Calder)
HF: S.Simpson (Dandy)   McEvoy (Murray)           Otten (Oakleigh)
F: Renton (Eastern)         Bongetti (Northern)       Banner (Western)
R: Kreuzer (Northern)       Grimes (Northern)        Suban (North Ballarat)
INT: Shaw (Sandringham) Nye (Eastern) Barham (Geelong) Ford (Bendigo)

Due to private school commitments Cotchin didn't play many TAC Cup games (yet starred when he did). So that's why he's not in the team.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369566

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:37 AM »

they play that on live to air?
You're right bluey. They only show the TAC Cup GF on Fox now  :scream. I'm still thinking of the days when the U19s, ressies and seniors were all shown live on Free To Air  ::).