Author Topic: 2007 NAB Draft  (Read 38442 times)

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2007 NAB Draft
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »
So we're going to gift the Blues both Kreuzer and Cotchin  :help if they miss out on Judd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2007, 05:38:45 PM »
Depending on how late we go in the draft, id take a chance on a full forward from WA called Tony Notte. Very Skinny Kid but he can play. Hes a 3 year project. McGinnity and Ellard will also be good players to pick up later in the draft.

Richmond should go mostly Western Australian in this draft

[Morton Rance Masten] [Myers] [Notte McGinnity Ellard] and maybe 1 or 2 others. 

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2007, 05:57:21 PM »
Depending on how late we go in the draft, id take a chance on a full forward from WA called Tony Notte. Very Skinny Kid but he can play. Hes a 3 year project. McGinnity and Ellard will also be good players to pick up later in the draft.

Richmond should go mostly Western Australian in this draft

[Morton Rance Masten] [Myers] [Notte McGinnity Ellard] and maybe 1 or 2 others. 
I think the Club has issues with Masten's attitude even before he developed OP. I asked about him and was told "he's a bit of a hothead isn't he"  ???. West Coast apparently don't rate Morton in their top 5 so interesting we rate him top 3 in the draft.

I hope we don't get sidetracked by the Judd shanannagins during trade week and still look at ways of upgrading either pick 18 or 19 into the top 10. There's no way we could get a Rance or Myers otherwise unless we took Rance at 2.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
according to bigfooty morton is a big headed arrogant prick as well but we're still interested.

still think cotchin is our man, and really hope the club takes him, if it is going to be someone else i'd only really want to take kreuzer or masten. masten is a bartel type player and you need that type of player out on the ground

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »
still think cotchin is our man, and really hope the club takes him, if it is going to be someone else i'd only really want to take kreuzer or masten. masten is a bartel type player and you need that type of player out on the ground
Agree bluey. Draft camp is next week btw IIRC.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »
Kevin Sheehan summary on SEN

Ashley Arrowsmith - midfield/forward - kicking superior to anyone else in the GF in hitting targets - 4 goals.

Darcy Daniher was the other standout. F/S for either Swans or Bombers.

Draft camp starts Tues. Club officials head up Wednesday. Looking for that X-factor - athletic ability on top of football ability that will separate similarly rated draftees.

Matt Deledio - Different to Lids. Strongly built, head over the ball inside midfielder. Did well yesterday.

Sheehan's top 4 draftees:
Kreuzer
Rhys Palmer - best in the champs.
Cale Morton  - was terrific all year
Cotchin - Gary Ablett Jnr type. Well balance, skilled both side midfielder with pace.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »
have there been talks about Richmond taking Cotchin ???

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2007, 06:22:58 PM »
have there been talks about Richmond taking Cotchin ???
The RFC considers Kreuzer, Cotchin and Cale Morton are the clear top 3 in this year's draft. Carlton have said publicly they'll take Kreuzer with pick 1 so Cotchin is ours if we want him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »
The Eagles obviously rate Kreuzer and Cotchin as 1 & 2.

The Eagles had already interviewed prospective early draft picks Matt Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin — both Victorians from the Northern Knights — as part of their preparations for the Judd trade; one of that pair could only end up at West Coast in the event of a trade with the Blues (pick three would be unlikely to net Kreuzer, though).

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/two-left-in-the-race-for-judd/2007/10/01/1191091033999.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
The Eagles had already interviewed prospective early draft picks Matt Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin — both Victorians from the Northern Knights — as part of their preparations for the Judd trade; one of that pair could only end up at West Coast in the event of a trade with the Blues (pick three would be unlikely to net Kreuzer, though).
So much for the Eagles wanting Morton. It seems only us are tossing up who to pick up at #2  :-\.

Ramps

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »
Its all a game of bluff at the moment, no one knows what WCE really want ... as for us, we should be dealing with WCE to give them 2 for Judd and them getting Judd to understand that Punt Rd isnt such a bad place lol.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »
Its all a game of bluff at the moment, no one knows what WCE really want ... as for us, we should be dealing with WCE to give them 2 for Judd and them getting Judd to understand that Punt Rd isnt such a bad place lol.

Miller: "Hey Juddy, do you really want to be around Joffa or Barb 24/7? Punt Rd doesn't sound too bad now does it!"  ;D

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
just a question?

can carlton trade priority pick no1?

if they can, i have a feling they will give pick 1 to the eagles as part of teh judd deal and the eagles will pick cotchin with that pick , so i guess we will take kruezer

lets pray to god someone frikken decent ends up in the psd, knowing our luck, we have 1st pick and it will be a pool full of rejects and duds

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »
just a question?

if they can, i have a feling they will give pick 1 to the eagles as part of teh judd deal and the eagles will pick cotchin with that pick , so i guess we will take kruezer

lets pray to god someone frikken decent ends up in the psd, knowing our luck, we have 1st pick and it will be a pool full of rejects and duds

they can trade no.1 and you'd think it would have to be on the table

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2007, 07:59:25 PM »
just a question?

they can trade no.1 and you'd think it would have to be on the table

They are adamant (well Swann was on SEN) that pick 1 is NOT on the table.

They will not give Kruezner - no way
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)