Author Topic: Jarrod Silvester [merged]  (Read 12773 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Silvester the Cat to debut
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
Sufferin sukatash!!! Let's hope he catches a tweety bird on the weekend
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2009, 10:44:03 PM »
wp.
you must have some power at the selection table
u have lobbied for ur love child all yr and here he is

he better not let the club down

but then again, maybe we are tanking and thats why he is in lol

i dont like him but now that he is wearing the tiger jumper  he has my support, good luck silvester

dont let us down

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
I wonder how long he will be given to he is adjudged to have let the team, the supporters, the board boy etc etc down.

Half a game, one game, maybe if he is lucky two games.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »
Kosi should be a good matchup
Neither of them are that fast

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »
I hope he plays at least 3 games so that some people get suckered into buying him for Dreamteam. :)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
wp.
you must have some power at the selection table
u have lobbied for ur love child all yr and here he is

he better not let the club down

but then again, maybe we are tanking and thats why he is in lol

i dont like him but now that he is wearing the tiger jumper  he has my support, good luck silvester

dont let us down

Sorry TT but i didnt think simply wearing a Tiger jumper qualified someone for your support!
I hope he doesnt let the club down? Dont let us down? Great support!But hang on you dont like him? Do you know him personally? Go to school with him or play junior footy with him? Lucky he wears a tiger jumper, id hate to see what you think of him then!

Go Big Cat, youve been plugging away for a while and it is good to see people who are pepared to dothe hard yarrds get a crack!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »
well done to the cat, he deserves a chance, and must play a game or two to determine his fate..Good luck :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »
BLAH BLAH GOOD LUCK.. bLAH BLAH...

Dont you all see whats happening here?  :help

He is 24 and hes been playing for Coburg! I think you are all in denial......I'm not getting excited about a 24 yr old Coburg player. If this guy is the future of the club I wonder then why hasn't he been playing for us since he was 18?

And I think you all missed the part when Jade said JON was named. You've got to be kidding me. We all know he can't play so why play him??????????  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

I think you all are too used to being on the bottom because you all sound like Losers who support Mediocre Losers. I'm not getting sucked in till I see CHANGE.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
Whos getting excited? No One, all we are doing is wishing the guy good luck! Dont be kill joy, just because he is 24 doesnt mean he wont have an impact and doesnt  deserve our best wishes!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:38:00 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »
Whos getting excited? No One, all we are doing is wishing the guy good luck! Dont be kill joy, just because he is 24 doesnt mean he wont have an impact and does any deserve our best wishes!

Who is getting excited? Well I've seen this all before. Countless Richmond supporters in a frenzy, all excited over either some very small player (McGrath, Dundas,Poyas,Pettifer, Gilmore) or an ordinarily good VFL player (Plapp, Jurica, Holland, Hughes, Shultz).
What do they all have in common? They kicked goals or were consistant @ VFL level, or had 1 good day @ AFL level.

You see I've been around and it takes me more than good form in VFL to get me aroused! You Have to show me more than that.
Do I wish him well........ I dont really care about him. i want the club to get real and get successful.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
Whos getting excited? No One, all we are doing is wishing the guy good luck! Dont be kill joy, just because he is 24 doesnt mean he wont have an impact and does any deserve our best wishes!

Who is getting excited? Well I've seen this all before. Countless Richmond supporters in a frenzy, all excited over either some very small player (McGrath, Dundas,Poyas,Pettifer, Gilmore) or an ordinarily good VFL player (Plapp, Jurica, Holland, Hughes, Shultz).
What do they all have in common? They kicked goals or were consistant @ VFL level, or had 1 good day @ AFL level.

You see I've been around and it takes me more than good form in VFL to get me aroused! You Have to show me more than that.
Do I wish him well........ I dont really care about him. i want the club to get real and get successful.

Some valid points.

I do wish the kid all the best though.

You are right some Tiger supporters are in denial. Relying on 24 year old first gamers and the likes of JON aint the answer but he does deserve a chance to showcase his talents. We have nothing else to lose but more games and il take for the remainder of this year.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Con65

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »

I love supporters like you....you are gold.

Part of supporting a club...in my humble opinion...is supporting the players who put their neck - literally - on the line each time they go out to play for RFC.  I suppose using your mindset...you dont really care about Polly either...as long as the club is successful...whatever you view as successful...you don't care about a fellow human being...you don't care that someone is making their debut ...how hard would it have been for you to wish him well???

You would make a great Collingwood supporter....I am sure you would be welcome over there...its not too late to change allegiances.

Hope the Big Cat has a great game and hopefully a great career.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
The big Cat has nothing to lose. Unlike the Eagles game he gets a baptism of fire debut on Kosi with a Saints midfield in red hot form. He's going to be seeing plenty of the ball down his end sadly  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »
To Con65,

Its nice of you to express such concern over my indifference, i appreciate your altruism.

But my apathy is a culmination of 27 years of continual and unerving frustration with the increased despondency to the mediocrity that is endemic at the club.

Yes I've wished players well before over the years....names that have come and gone.... now forgotten. What alot of them had in common my friend is that they hadn't the "put their neck on the line" as you so eloquently put it.

When I see consistancy rather than maladroitness year after year, maybe then I'll be pragmatic and hopefuly wish a young prospective champion '"WELL".

Till then I'm afraid my indifference is a burden I must bare.....

P.S of your suggested defection to Collingwood..... I must engage to you in the continual theme of perpetual empiricism that the defiance of the aforementioned would be antidotelly benificial to advocate.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
Hey Mr.T, do you think we havent shared the pain of the last 27 years?