Author Topic: Jarrod Silvester [merged]  (Read 12772 times)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Silvester
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
Id rather we give Rance a go next week against Melbourne and move Gourdis up to Coburg seniors and play him on a wing and at times down back.
Thursfield was added to the team without a lot of preperation so i don't see much difference with giving Rance a try
I am under the impression that he played WAFL & is taller & heavier than Thursty

Tigermonk

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
Good call Mopsy, l have not seen much of this lad Rance
whats he like, has he played at fullback & played on anyone worthy

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
Good call Mopsy, l have not seen much of this lad Rance
whats he like, has he played at fullback & played on anyone worthy
I think with Sylvester in the team he plays more at half back at coburg -come in 'tigersforlife'

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
When we drafted Rance we were told he was a ready made senior player. Another bit of TW GM Spindoctoring as the kid was running around in Coburgs 2nds. Just take a chance with these kids and select them we have absolutely nothing to lose as we get the game time into them and they can adjust to the tempo of AFL footy rather than keeping them at VFL level for far too long and hinder and stifle their development by not allowing them to grow and mature properly due to the inept nurturing system we have in place.
Blues are doing
Hawks have done it
Dogs have done it
Saints have done it
Remember in 2004 us Dogs and Hawks were bottom 3 we are still there and Hawks and Dogs are in top 3 due to them biting the bullet and playing the kids for short term agony but possibly longer term glory.

As TM also said some of the guys the better equipped players Foley's Cotchins Deledios and co may eventually get sick and tired of the continual and spectacular failure and just like Ottens the sterile but disillusioning culture at Richmond may entice them to look elsewhere for greener pastures and more personal glory and that will be another unforgivable sin committed by the club as they have had too many chances to rectify and change the on and off field culture for the better.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
Id rather we give Rance a go next week against Melbourne and move Gourdis up to Coburg seniors and play him on a wing and at times down back.
Thursfield was added to the team without a lot of preperation so i don't see much difference with giving Rance a try
I am under the impression that he played WAFL & is taller & heavier than Thursty

Mopsy,yep,  both Cass & Rance played seniors for Swan Districts in the WAFL.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »
;D these rookie listed players, someone needs to go down take a dive for the future of the club this year

Coughlan, Johnson, should take a fall, Johnson wont be at Richmond next year & while Cogs will be he should go on the long term injury list cause he wont be any good this year & wont play a senior game anyway

Thanks for the laugh with your first line TM.  :lol

One thing re: Johnson, anyone who says we didn't miss him and don't need him is seriously misguided about his value in the middle and to the team in general.  We sorely missed him yesterday.  He may not be part of our future but he is crucial to our present.

since he came to our club we have gone from bad to worse.
he is not a leader....fact!!

ill will be a happy man when i see TW, Sugar and Miller walk out of Punt road..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jarrod Silvester [merged]
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »
Rawlings gives nod to Silvester
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 5:01 PM Thu 25 June, 2009

RICHMOND interim coach Jade Rawlings is set to unveil his second youngster in just his second game in charge.

Jarrod Silvester will take his place in the Tigers line-up along with Tyrone Vickery, who made his AFL debut against West Coast in the first week of the split round.

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls will also return to the side while Jake King is in contention, named in the extended squad for Sunday's match against undefeated St Kilda.

Silvester was elevated from the rookie list on Thursday to fill the spot created by Matthew Richardson's move to the long-term injury list several weeks ago.

The 24-year-old is listed as 192cm and 90kg, but has packed on a bit more weight this year.

Football manager Ross Monaghan told richmondfc.com.au that the Tigers had been looking for a chance to give Silvester a shot.

"We've got another first-gamer, which is good," Monaghan said.

"Jarrod Silvester will play – he'll be named in the back six.

"His form at Coburg has been terrific this year and we've just been waiting for an opportunity for him to play. We just decided to give him a challenge this week against one of the better teams in the competition.

"Because it's a Sunday game we've got no outs. We've just added three to the squad.

"Jake had a good game last week against Port Melbourne and we'll name Jarrad in the side, as his form has been pretty steady at VFL level."

Monaghan said Richardson had made some promising progression and was now running well.

"He hasn't done any training yet, but he's doing plenty of running and he's probably ahead of schedule from that point-of-view," he said.

"This will be his eighth week on the long-term injury list, so technically he could play next week but he's obviously not going to."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79393/default.aspx
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:41:09 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Silvester the Cat to debut
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »
Silvester must have been promoted off the rookie list thanks to Sugar.

I don't think Silvester will be around next year but I don't have a problem with him getting a game now. The whole point of the rest of the season is to see who on our list is and isn't part of our future. A massive test for him too on either Riewoldt or Kosi. He played against the Saints in last year's NAB Cup. Well done to him on getting a chance to do what we would all love to do - play a game for Richmond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
Well , its up to him , no excuses - best of luck  BIg Cat.

Proud the Tiges are playing the list - at least we won't die wondering - keep it up

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
Well , its up to him , no excuses - best of luck  BIg Cat.

Proud the Tiges are playing the list - at least we won't die wondering - keep it up

absolutely spot on mate, spot on!!!

well done to Jade and co for playing the kids
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2009, 08:01:37 PM »
great decision  :yep :yep

:eyebrow :eyebrow

:jump :jump

:outtahere :outtahere

I thought we were allowed to have freebie rookie elevation now - so it wouldn'thave anythin gto do with Suga would it . Richo's on the LTIL and the freebie covers our rookies
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »
Silvester must have been promoted off the rookie list thanks to Sugar.
Nothing to do with Sugar, you can't promote a rookie from a retirement, you're just allowed an extra rookie promotion after Round 11
Nahas stays on for Richo on the LTIL

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »
great decision  :yep :yep

:eyebrow :eyebrow

:jump :jump

:outtahere :outtahere

I thought we were allowed to have freebie rookie elevation now - so it wouldn'thave anythin gto do with Suga would it . Richo's on the LTIL and the freebie covers our rookies

Well WP you have been raving about his bloke for a while so I hope he doesn't let you down. I thought he had already played for us, or was that in the NAB cup??

Good luck to him as well.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »
Well WP you have been raving about his bloke for a while so I hope he doesn't let you down. I thought he had already played for us, or was that in the NAB cup??

He's played 2 NAB cup games - one this year against freo and our only one in 2008

WAT - he wont let me down. Because all I wanted was him to be rewarded for his good form and to be given an opportunity at AFL level to see if he cuts it.

He is a great kid and I know he will make the most of the opportunity he has got.

And what a great test it is - I reckon he will take Kosi  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »

He's played 2 NAB cup games - one this year against freo and our only one in 2008

WAT - he wont let me down. Because all I wanted was him to be rewarded for his good form and to be given an opportunity at AFL level to see if he cuts it.

He is a great kid and I know he will make the most of the opportunity he has got.

And what a great test it is - I reckon he will take Kosi  ;D

Excellent thats what we want to hear, he certainly looks the part, maybe this is what we need, heaps of kids with lots of guts, plonk him down there with Rance... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"