Author Topic: Schwab and Welsh  (Read 1736 times)

froars

Schwab and Welsh
« on: July 31, 2004, 11:00:44 PM »
Can someone tell me what they were in charge of at the club - each director has a portfolio and i wouldn't have a clue what they held, ie membership, marketing, football etc.

I'm actually trying to find out whether they've done their jobs well while they were on the board, rather than just making judgments about people based on whether they return phone calls or not lol.  You really gotta worry about some ppl who have this power that they can say someone would be a great president just because they returned phone calls and emails. 

God help our club with the campaign that's running on Schwab and co.  There are reasons why we are in debt - and i think it would be a good exercise to try and work out who the actual culprits are, where we went wrong, who is responsible.

Be nice to be able to make a valued judgement when we vote on these ppl, and not because he's a nice guy, or he returned my phone call etc.  God help us lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 11:23:17 PM by froars »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Schwab and Welsh
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 12:08:42 PM »
From the 2003 Annual Report

Schwab -  Director & member of the Governance Sub Committee

Welsh - Director-  member of Football Sub Committee

« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 12:10:38 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 01:27:49 PM »
Thanks WP, who was marketing and membership etc.
Not quite sure what a governance sub-committee does

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 07:34:15 PM »

Don't know about membership froars but:

Marketing Committee: Rob Turner Clinton Casey Gary March

Governance Committee: Garry Cameron Clinton Casey Michael Stahl* Ian Dixon* Don Lord (Schwab was on this as WP pointed out)

* non board members

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/club.htm#admin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 08:21:26 AM »
Not quite sure what a governance sub-committee does

Membership comes under the banner of Marketing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 02:57:44 PM »
I'm actually trying to find out whether they've done their jobs well while they were on the board…

I can understand why you would want to know froars, but what they did before this turn of events is irrelevant to me, because I already know everything I need to know about Schwab and Welsh.  And if they put their names up for election I won’t vote for them.  Because I already know that they didn’t have the motivation, time or whatever it was to do the job the first time round.

To now come in and hi-jack the footy club, in the middle of a critical time for RFC, when they had their time as Directors to make an impact and when they’ve had months and months to make their move, smacks of people who haven’t a clue what they are doing.

Apart from anything else, I want to see an end to RFC being run the way it has been, with rebel groups doing untold damage to it.  Seems like Greg Miller has found out how outside influences/groups have greatly affected the running of RFC.  If that’s correct then I would like to see an end to that so that we can finally move forward, rather than having outside opinions and influences running the Club into the ground.

The worst thing possible would be if Schwab and co get in, because that almost gives the next group, who gets their nose out of joint, the go ahead to do the same thing and so the cycle continues.

I have really strong views on this and I’m not all that fussed on who the President is, as long as it isn’t Schwab or any of his mates, but does have half a clue.  Based on what we have seen so far, Kermit the Frog would do a better job of running RFC than Schwab.  The fact his group elected him as their leader says it all.

What’s important in all of this is how people are going about things now, to move the Club forward.  And all Schwab and co are contributing to this process is to highlight just how out of touch they are with the real world and to show how self-interested they really are.  Because if they weren’t, none of this would have eventuated the way it did.  They don’t deserve the time they are being given, let alone members’ votes.

If the Club has done the wrong thing in the past then, at some stage, people will be held accountable, if they haven’t already been.

In short, I would just like to finally see RFC being run in a proper and responsible manner, like they do at other well run Clubs, so that we have half a chance of seeing success at some stage soon.

Schwab and co are only helping us to remain the laughing stock of the competition.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 12:17:06 AM »
Can someone tell me what they were in charge of at the club - each director has a portfolio and i wouldn't have a clue what they held, ie membership, marketing, football etc.

A list of what role each director does and what date they were appointed has been put up on the RFC official site:

Richmond Football Club Directors
3:21:40 PM Mon 16 August, 2004

CL Casey: President/Director. Appointed 16/12/99. Managing Director, Retirement Services Australia Pty Ltd President
Ex Officio
All Committees

GI Cameron, PSM.: Director. Appointed 16/12/99. Managing Director, Grand Hotel Group.
Director
Member of Governance Sub-committee

DE Lord: Director. Appointed 23/10/01. Company Director.
Director
Member of Jack Dyer Foundation Sub-committee and Governance Sub-committee

G March: Director. Appointed 1/10/02. Managing Director, Concept Sports International Pty Ltd.
Director
Member of Marketing Sub-committee

RJ Turner: Director. Appointed 16/12/99. Company Director
Director

J Matthies: Director. Appointed 29/1/04. Partner, John Matthies & Co
Director
Member of Governance Sub-committee

A Mithen: Director. Appointed 20/4/04.
Director
Member of Communications Sub-committee

A Nicklos:  Director. Appointed 11/6/04. Managing Director, Motorola Australia Pty Ltd
Director

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=directors
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd