Author Topic: 3 rookies to be promoted for 2008  (Read 3421 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: 3 rookies to be promoted for 2008
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »
Question:

Can Danny Meyer be delisted and rookied?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 09:10:02 AM »
Question:

Can Danny Meyer be delisted and rookied?

To my understanding yes.

Much like Lonergan for the Catters was last year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »
With these 3 promoted, that ups the pressure on guys like Meyer, Hyde and Tiv.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »
Meyer wouldn't last to the rookie list if we cut him, another side would take a punt on him in the ND.

My thoughts are that this decision is a little disappointing.

King - happy to have him promoted, he's proven himself now over the course of the season.
Graham - Hard to see why we wouldn't keep him as a rookie for another season, someone always gets injured. Does promoting him mean a less likely chance of us drafting a ruckman this year? I certainly hope not, this is the year of the ruck and we must get one now so that we are prepared down the track for when Snake goes.
Howat - I just don't see him making it, he represents the sort of player we need to be moving on, not bringing in more of. Too many deficiencies in his game, and I just don't see much improvement in him.

Even though the draft is talked about as shallow, there's always talent down low. We need to be picking up at least 4 kids in the ND (hopefully more) and maybe the big Cat. So by promoting 3 rookies, we're left with either not many kids coming in or having a massive cull. Personally I would like the latter to happen, but think it unlikely because it would leave us with little depth and experience next year, and the prospect of another season at the bottom which would surely cost Terry his job.

At least there are plenty of rookie spots up for grabs and we can look at rewarding maybe even 3 of the Coburg boys.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 10:12:43 AM »
This decision makes me also believe that we'll be looking to trade fringe guys for upgrades on our picks so that we are clearing list space without having to use additional draft picks. I think we'll be looking at things like Krakouer + our 3rd round for Port's 2nd round pick etc.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 07:18:48 AM »
This decision makes me also believe that we'll be looking to trade fringe guys for upgrades on our picks so that we are clearing list space without having to use additional draft picks. I think we'll be looking at things like Krakouer + our 3rd round for Port's 2nd round pick etc.
That would make sense jezza given the draft is pretty thin after the 2nd round. The club must also think Kingy, Gus and Howat are better options than any kids picked up late in this draft.

We asked Greg at training about us trading for another top 10 pick and Miller said clubs don't trade them anymore.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »

We asked Greg at training about us trading for another top 10 pick and Miller said clubs don't trade them anymore.

I think the only way high picks will get traded is if it's a side with a major deficiency and an established star player is on the trade table ie Fevola to Dogs.

richmondrules

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »
Howat would be the only one of the three in trouble keeping his place on the list.

King - AFL standard, will be promoted.
Graham - Young, shown enough to warrant more time, will be re-rookied.
Howat - I like the kid but he is a depth player only. Will be delisted unless there are many more in front of him in the queue. How old is he? Can he be re-rookied? Even if he can I would prefer the spot to be taken by a kid we no nothing about, I think we've seen just about everything Cam has to offer. Sorry Cam, nothing personal. Feel free to prove me wrong.

richmondrules

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »

I think the only way high picks will get traded is if it's a side with a major deficiency and an established star player is on the trade table ie Fevola to Dogs.

No free lunches. Gotta give something good to get something good. Of course you can always talk to Fremantle  :wallywink you never can tell with those jokers. Pettifer for pick 6 or 7 or 8? Sounds like the Shockers style.  :rollin :lol

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 01:16:51 PM »
the only likely delisting are hartigan, kingsley,knobel,moore,white.tradeables are jackson, krakouer,schulz. with schulz & krakouer a possible 3rd round draft pick and jackson a 4th. pettifer wont be traded unless we are to get high 2nd round,( under 25 ) which is unlikely, and the rest are not worth trading or not sort after. Ray hall,tivendale,P bowden,hyde will be retain purely for depth and terry wallaces future. gus  to be kept on the rookie list, king to be promoted and howat delisted. leaving us with a possible 4 to 5 draft picks and 3 new rookies plus gus.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 04:52:42 AM »
Herald-Sun reporters must read OER  ;)

Richmond is unlikely to make sweeping changes to its list as it has in previous seasons, with rookies Cameron Howat, Jake King and Angus Graham all possible permanent elevations.

That will make less room on the list for a raft of potential draftees, although space has been freed up with the retirement of Darren Gaspar, Kent Kingsley, Ray Hall and Trent Knobel.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22346788%255E19742,00.html