Author Topic: Goal kicking  (Read 1370 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Goal kicking
« on: August 01, 2004, 08:26:36 PM »
Does anyone else have the impression that we have been for a while one of the worse goal-kicking sides when it comes to snagging that crucial yet very gettable goal whether it's to put a side away (ok that hasn't happened for a while) or to get back into a match. I haven't looked up any stats to see if this is the case just a feeling.

I mean we missed some, in AFL terms, straightforward goals yesterday. I can never understand why such a skill hasn't improved especially set shots when everything else has. IMO kicking for goal should be one of the easier things for an AFL footballer - you've got all the time you want and you're under no pressure (except what you mentally put on yourself) and you just have to hit what really is a stationary target (between two large posts).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

2JD

Re: Goal kicking
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 08:41:40 PM »
I thought we handed it to them yesterday with our kicking, then saw theirs was just as bad, and then ours combined was not as bad as Friday nights game. Everyones kicking can be poo, just that some of us achieve it more often than others :banghead

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Goal kicking
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:49:34 PM »
I guess that comes when you're got no confidence in your ability to win games. You get nervous when opportunities present themselves and never take them.

It doesn't help having mentally soft players, which we have plenty of.

And also, Richo is our spearhead. What more can you say? Just about the biggest unco kick in the league. When under pressure that kicking action is bound to break down.