Author Topic: 2004 richmond draft picks  (Read 5778 times)

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
2004 richmond draft picks
« on: August 27, 2007, 06:45:06 PM »
who has best performed of the tigers 2004 draft picks: ( to be judged over the 3 yrs, not just this year.)

1. deledio

2. polo

3. mcguane

4. pattison

5. tambling

6. meyer                       

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: 2004 richmond draft picks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »
*sigh*

having another dig at richmond are you

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
who has best performed of the tigers 2004 draft picks: ( to be judged over the 3 yrs, not just this year.)

1. deledio

2. polo

3. mcguane

4. pattison

5. tambling

6. meyer                       

p off, go back to ur hawksquawk site and talk up ur bs team that will drop as fast as they have climbed

but if u wanna be smart , all those players will be damn good players, and some gr8!

pee off moron

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
how is rating our 6 draft picks having a dig, would like to know where you thing tambling is rated bluey. constructive as always X.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »
how is rating our 6 draft picks having a dig, would like to know where you thing tambling is rated bluey. constructive as always X.

it isn't that you are ranking them, it is that your posting has a definite hint of trolling

maybe if you didn't start that tambling vs franklin thread we wouldn't be having this argument

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »
Okay I'll bite.

1. Lids - for obvious reasons. Still needs to learn to beat a heavy but has shown at just 20 what a class act he is either forward or across HB and through the lines. Showing why he went No 1 pick.

...gap.....

2. Tambo - I'd still have at 2nd of the six picks. First year was hampered by hammy problems as his body learnt to cope with the rigours of AFL coming from Division 2 footy. Has played 52 games and has improved each year both IMO and statistically.

3. Patto - Fast tracked this year due to injuries to our ruckmen. Struggled in the early rounds with the extra workload and responsibility but has been servicable for his age and experience. Still has a along way to go but coming along nicely IMO. He's improved significantly from his 1st to 2nd to 3rd years.

4. Polo - After starting in the Coburg ressies when he first arrived worked he was up to be one of the finds of 2006. IMO he wasn't palying at that level in early games this year (maybe copping more attention from the opposition) and got dropped after the "leopard hair" game. Then had his shoulder popping out which finished his year.

5. McGuane - Started basically 2 years behind the others in terms of getting a regular game but has made significant improvement this year as a 3rd tall defender. Basically has replaced Chubba this year.

6. Meyer - Has never cemented a run of games in the seniors in 3 years. This year has been a write off in terms of lack of any form and injury.

The main thing to come out of the 2004 draft is we look to be getting 5 decent AFL players from it and so far one star. As to what pick they were selected - who cares. Do that over 5 years and we'll have a whole side come through together in years to come that will challenge. Champion teams of 22 players win flags which makes the whole Tambo vs Franklin debate meaningless. We've had Richo terrifying defences for 15 years and still done bugger all as a club.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:57:53 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 10:49:29 PM »
No ordering, just briefing them

Lids - will be a star
Blingers - the kid needs to be given some slack IMO, On draft day Terry said we wouldn't see the best of bling for 4-5 years. Despite what his detractors say, Blingers will be a very good player/potential star
Meyer - plenty of talent, would be close to the best kick at the club, shame he doesn't work hard enough. Could be a very good player, but will prob end up as a could have been
Patto - hard-working plumber. has come on in leaps and bounds and shapes as a very handy player for us
Polo - love this kid, will be a gun, can tag and win his own ball. Brett Kirk Mk II mark my words
McGuane - kicking is still a glaring deficiency and as MT said is Kellaway down to a tee. Must improve his kicking.

Thought I'd chuck in thursty because he was recruited in the same year and he is going to be a very good player

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 04:05:00 AM »
Even Saints coach Ross Lyon thinks Blingers has found form:

"They've got those players back. (Brett) Deledio is playing well again, (Nathan) Foley is in good form, (Richard) Tambling has found form.

"They've changed a bit the way they play, they're more one-on-one and that has enabled some of their young talent to shine through.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22324948%255E19742,00.html

richmondrules

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 08:10:47 AM »
I'm quite satisfied with all of the except Meyer. Just can't get a handle on what's happening with this kid. Trade / Delist time will be interesting.

The rest are still developing and none of them have stalled quite yet. Lid's probably the standout but the last month has moved him away from the rest. I agree that that Tambo would be second but again he has probably only move up from 4th on the strength of recent performances. The order of 2,3,4 is very subjective and changes with current form.

If Polo is rated 4th then I would have to say I am quite happy with how the young fellas are coming along since I am very happy with Polo's progress. A bit up and down perhaps but what do you expect from a 20 year old. Bugger about his shoulder.

Throw in Thursty off the rookie list and we did OK in 2004.

Last years draft seems a good one too. Jack, Connors and Edwards are already showing that they belong.

2005 could be our big loser. Casserly is the one I'm most excited about but is he ever going to be fit enough?

I also think we have used the rookie list and our association with Coburg well. Thursty, King, Howat, Graham. None of them a complete waste of time.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 08:43:57 AM »
2005 could be our big loser.
Looking at the whole 2005 draft, it really was very weak.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »
JON, Clever, Casserly will be solid to good players so it was a solid draft for us

humm in the rookie draft is the big bummer  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
We picked up Matty White in the PSD in 2005 too. Gus and Howat in the rookie draft.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:40 PM »
JON, Clever, Casserly will be solid to good players so it was a solid draft for us

humm in the rookie draft is the big bummer  :banghead

I meant for most teams, especially the Dawks  :lol

They had plenty of picks in the first 30 as well.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:45:24 AM »
Robbo and Buckenara revisit the 2004 draft in today's Herald-Sun from Hawthorn's view

... Richmond went for Brett Deledio at No. 1, the Hawks opted for Jarryd Roughead, the Bulldogs took Ryan Griffen, the Tigers Richard Tambling and Buddy Franklin fell into the arms of Buckenara at No. 5.

It's been told before, but Buckenara had information Richmond wanted Tambling with No. 4, so he took Roughead first and crossed his fingers on Franklin.

"In doing our homework on the draft, we knew that Richmond had already invited Roughead and his family to their Sunday lunch after the draft," Buckenara recalled.

"They told him they were going to take him at No. 4.

"So if we were going to go Franklin at No. 2, we wouldn't have got Roughead, so we took a punt.

"We got the word that they (Richmond) had gone off Buddy a little bit and everyone was talking about us taking Richard Tambling.

"We were keen on him, too, but we decided to go Roughead at No. 2 and threw the cat among the pigeons.

"So we then felt they (Richmond) would take Tambling ahead of Franklin.

"We were always going to take the two best talls with our first two picks, and then we would take the next best midfielder at No. 7, and that was Jordan Lewis.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24296090-19742,00.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »
Robbo and Buckenara revisit the 2004 draft in today's Herald-Sun from Hawthorn's view

It's been told before, but Buckenara had information Richmond wanted Tambling with No. 4, so he took Roughead first and crossed his fingers on Franklin.

"In doing our homework on the draft, we knew that Richmond had already invited Roughead and his family to their Sunday lunch after the draft," Buckenara recalled.

"They told him they were going to take him at No. 4.

So they were doing us a favour by not picking Tambling?

Or did they mean we wanted Roughead at number 4?

Buckenara crossed his fingers on Franklin.... ::)

Didn't they call for extra time when they had their turn for pick 5?