Author Topic: What will having Wallace as coach mean off-field wise?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
What will having Wallace as coach mean off-field wise?
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:36:48 AM »
Will Wallace's signing automatically mean a increase in members, corporate sponsorships and crowds in 2005 or will the heartbroken Tiger faithful be cautious/cynical and wait for signs of success before jumping on board? In other words can we crack 30,000 members next year?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: What will having Wallace as coach mean off-field wise?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 08:03:21 AM »
From a membership perspective I rekon he is worth at least 5000 members. So I think we will top 30,000 next year.

From a sponsorship prespective - I see Wallace as a wonderful sales man - the way he promoted the Dogs was sensational. It is the lower level support were he will help I reckon - the cotieries. I think between Wallace and Wright we are on a winner.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 11:32:12 AM »
Cleary....he is a self-promoter which means he will promote our club as well. I think the mere fact Danny is gone means we will get more members and with things being a little brighter, yes a lot of external revenue will go up.

Finally looking forward to the Royal Oak next year.....going there knowing we are a chance as opposed to expeting a 10-goal loss.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 12:32:37 PM »
haha yup nothing like the oak chokka full of tiger fans nothing beats it  :cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 12:41:02 PM »
haha yup nothing like the oak chokka full of tiger fans nothing beats it  :cheers

Argh.... the Royal Oak - serves a fantastic Mixed Grill (minus the lambs fry of course ;))
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 02:17:58 PM »
lol WP I used to go there straight from work on a fri nite if we were playing and have the roast chook and veges for $6.50, raise the elbow a few times with a few mates then make a stumbling charge across to the G with 10 mins to game time.he he the place was deafening after a game and we had won :lol havent been there for a while though must check out it again sometime

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 02:40:45 AM »
From a membership perspective I rekon he is worth at least 5000 members. So I think we will top 30,000 next year.

From a sponsorship prespective - I see Wallace as a wonderful sales man - the way he promoted the Dogs was sensational. It is the lower level support were he will help I reckon - the cotieries. I think between Wallace and Wright we are on a winner.

If we can reach 30,000 members in 2005 (an extra 3,000 on this year) just from Wallace's appointment then that equates to roughly an extra 3000 x $140 = $420,000 in the Richmond coffers. Add the extra sponsorship and the reductions in expenditure such as the TPP reduced to 97%, etc... and we should be on our way to balancing the books again after the disasters of the last two years (and especially this year).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd