Author Topic: RFC Cheer Squad vs Gehrig Gorilla  (Read 1426 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
RFC Cheer Squad vs Gehrig Gorilla
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:12:17 PM »
No backward steps or pale white faces from our cheer squad  ;D.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Cheer Squad vs Gehrig Gorilla
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:29:14 AM »
Gehrig gets personal with Tiger fan
The Age
September 1, 2007 - 8:43PM

In the middle of St Kilda star Fraser Gehrig's farewell AFL match at the MCG, one member of Richmond's cheer squad got the chance to say goodbye up close and personal.

Rankled by some heckling from the Tigers section of the crowd on the fence behind the goals, the burly forward decided to pay one fan a visit late in the first half, walking towards him and sticking his face just inches away.

The incident took place with the ball not far away on the Saints' half-forward line, but Gehrig said he had always liked a bit of crowd involvement, whether friendly or otherwise.

"I know it's always been that way where if you're up one end you've got your supporters that tend to like you and up the other end they tend to hate you," he said.

"Because you're the closest player to them you tend to cop a fair bit.

"It's something I've always enjoyed, the interaction.

"Richmond (supporters) are probably not the best but not the worst at it, there's a couple other clubs which pick me out and target me which I've always enjoyed.

"As long as they don't step the boundary and jump over the fence and want to get into it I'm alright with it, but I've always had a good time with the other supporters."

Gehrig said the incident took place after he was involved in a wrestle with a Richmond opponent.

"I was just trying to break away there for a while but he wouldn't let me go, I think he actually threw me on top of him and they weren't too happy with that," he said.

Gehrig had the last laugh, kicking the final two goals of the match at the same end of the ground in the last term to seal a Saints victory, end his career in style and consign Richmond to the wooden spoon.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/gehrig-gets-personal-with-tiger-fan/20070401-wok.html

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
Lucky Gehrig didnot get over that fence he would of smash the stuff out of some of them dicks

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 03:31:54 PM »
Bit precious Monk considering it was Gehrig who wandered over for a go.

If the GTrain wants to walk over in their face he should be happy to take everything back as well.  And he was happy to.  Good to see it stayed only with words though.  We dont want another scandal.

Was great to watch.  :lol

What was the go with the guy in the 6-7th row who was kicked out after Riewoldt's "goal" when the goal umpire got one hell of a spray?  :shh  Didnt see anything happen out of the ordinary.  ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:28:03 PM »

If the GTrain wants to walk over in their face he should be happy to take everything back as well.  And he was happy to.  Good to see it stayed only with words though.  We dont want another scandal.

What was the go with the guy in the 6-7th row who was kicked out after Riewoldt's "goal" when the goal umpire got one hell of a spray?  :shh  Didnt see anything happen out of the ordinary.  ???

l hate to see Tiger supporters start acting the way Collingwood supporters do
they are pee poor throwing bottles on the ground
& then it was on outside when most of them left from behind the goals
talk about bad stuffing losers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 07:38:11 PM »

l hate to see Tiger supporters start acting the way Collingwood supporters do
they are pee poor throwing bottles on the ground
& then it was on outside when most of them left from behind the goals
talk about bad effing losers

Well yes if it was a bottle stuff him off but the finger pointing over the fence from the Riewoldt "goal" was deserved, anything more is unacceptable. Same goes with the Gtrain incident.

Also I dont know what you mean by fights because I walked out of the ground and didnt see any hint of animosity amongst supporters at all.  Pick a different place to sit TM!  :lol
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »

Also I dont know what you mean by fights because I walked out of the ground and didnt see any hint of animosity amongst supporters at all.  Pick a different place to sit TM!  :lol

no not at the tiger game the skunks vs adelaide game when they left during the game they went outside & some of them got into it
l dont sit with the idiots behind the goals otherwise l be bashing the crap out of Joffa
l lean on the fence outside the members area behind the goals so l got access to the bar frequently while the wife watches with the kids  ;D

l go to many differnet game not just Richmond
if it was a richmond game l prob be sitting next to you  ;D

Bull

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 08:39:26 PM »
I actually thought it was pretty funny and respect Gehrig for doing it.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 08:49:30 PM »

no not at the tiger game the skunks vs adelaide game when they left during the game they went outside & some of them got into it
l dont sit with the effers behind the goals otherwise l be bashing the crap out of Joffa
l lean on the fence outside the members area behind the goals so l got access to the bar frequently while the wife watches with the kids  ;D

l go to many differnet game not just Richmond
if it was a richmond game l prob be sitting next to you  ;D

Haha, sorry I read the post wrong.  I thought you said the fights were after the Richmond Match.

I flew over for the weekend and sat level 3 on the 50 flank basically right infront of the Bar on the Jolimont station wing side.

Was a pretty good spot actually.  Didnt mind being further up and and away since it gave me a better pan view of how players work and what they do behind play.

Good weekend.   :gotigers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »
where you fly from South Australia