Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 421035 times)

Ox

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »
F H O !

:scream

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »
The earth is slow but the Ox is patient ;D

Cotch had post-season surgery and his rehab has gone to plan so far. If he's doing full preseason training by Christmas he'll be fine.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »
Some lads burnout around 18, not everyone drafted is a super human & going to be a champion.
never forget Mark Coughlan  ;D lots of injuries & cant keep pace to the game
players used to be happy to make 10 years, now its down to 7 years.
If Cotchin has a bad year 2010 you can write him off he will be too far behind the others
l hope this dont happen to him because he has talent

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »
Some lads burnout around 18, not everyone drafted is a super human & going to be a champion.
If Cotchin has a bad year 2010 you can write him off he will be too far behind the others

Wow.

Lets ask Gary and Carro?

Good call Bad Call

"Thats a reallll bad call Gary. Yep terrible call Carro"

How hard is it to talk some form of sense TM. I'm expecting your knowledge of the AFL to be at worst mediocre and you'd know how many success stories there are of players coming back from multiple injuries.

Just try at least post with some common sense. Tom Scully has post season surgery? If he doesn't set the world alight by 2011 delist him?

Atleast we know now where all the mental asylum inmates have gone.....
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »
Cotch is still only 19. Hardly write-off age  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2009, 09:19:18 AM »

Wow.

Lets ask Gary and Carro?

Good call Bad Call

"Thats a reallll bad call Gary. Yep terrible call Carro"

How hard is it to talk some form of sense TM. I'm expecting your knowledge of the AFL to be at worst mediocre and you'd know how many success stories there are of players coming back from multiple injuries.

Just try at least post with some common sense. Tom Scully has post season surgery? If he doesn't set the world alight by 2011 delist him?

Atleast we know now where all the mental asylum inmates have gone.....

Popelord STFU you dont know poo from clay fence sitter
just go back re read your comments to me about Coughlan sometime back
eat it

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #336 on: December 08, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
I agree with MT, 19 is far too young to write someone off especially someone as talented as Cotch.
Props to the club for finally realising that needs to focus on rehab and the long term future of players rather than pumping them out there half baked in an effort to get some sort of short term success.

Tigermonk

« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
Cotch is still only 19. Hardly write-off age  ::).

yes fact his only 19 so what does that mean ?  several Achilles, Hip, calf next ??? at 19 well lets compare him to Deledio ?? you can & give me the answer
His body was breaking down before he was even drafted,  so thats telling you his body is being over stressed & breaking down
what is it that some of you dont understand
Not every player with excellent talent & skills makes it in the big league
Just because you are a low draft choice does not get you a instant free ticket to play AFL, it gets you a chance to try make it too the next level.
Then you must push harder to stay there,  you must work extra hard to keep those at bay who want your spot in the side Where Richmond has failed badly or you must strive to push your body to new levels to take that spot from someone else while 5 others also want the same position
l'm not attacking Cotchin or any player here but merely pointing out his body might not be able to handle the punishment of AFL.
Same thing is happening to Polo, Thursfield, & could happen to Griffiths as his already suspect with his shoulders & other injuries he had.
His also had trouble staying on the field before being drafted, & now must push harder again to the next level his never been at & stay there so just a example there is no free ticket to success.

Example; Simmonds

trains hard at football then trains outside of training. Gets a personal trainer to push his body. Instructor in Martial Arts which requires good legs.
Pushed himself too far & suffered injuries & has never been right for 2 years & on brink of quiting because his body & mind are shutting down
So how hard must players work to stay at a constant level, are they being push too hard to a point they no longer enjoy football. ?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
- Judd was drafted with a degenerative shoulder.

Should he not have been drafted?

Then he had a sever groin problem that needed 2 surgeries.

Should he have been delisted?

Just the worst post I've ever heard. The kid is 19 years old.

- Ben Griffiths has had 3 or 4 injuries in his junior career - delist him?

This will go down as the worst post on this forum, just a dumb thing to say.

You'd have 15 clubs laughing at you all the way to the draft.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »
I'm surprised that there's so much confidence that he'll be fine. Wait and see pray I guess.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:01 AM »
While I agree that he is only 19 years old and the give him time rule has to come into play here, I am a little concerned about this story we keep hearing that he has to grow into his body. We have been hearing that since we drafted him and it's been injury after injury.

It is just frustrating to see another player that was regarded as the number 1 draft pick have so many body problems this early in his career. Fingers crossed I suppose that he gets over it all. Like MT said he is working his way back now to full pre season training so lets hope his body comes good.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »

Just because you are a low draft choice does not get you a instant free ticket to play AFL, it gets you a chance to try make it too the next level.

Ummm Captain obvious.....I think RFC supporters are fully aware of the perils of the draft system. If any supporters are qualified to comment on this, its us!! That's why we can see the obvious difference between someone like Cotch and ummm....Fiora??

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #342 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
we need a source to actually ask Trent when he will be fine! lol!

:)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
Storm in a tea cup.

He has possibly 15 years left of Football.

Relax. It's not like he's clogging the list holding back a Jay Schultz or an Andrew Raines....
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
Storm in a tea cup.

He has possibly 15 years left of Football.

Relax. It's not like he's clogging the list holding back a Jay Schultz or an Andrew Raines....

shows how narrow minded you are popelord
re read my post again if you dont understand it

saying Cotchin has 15 years left of football is the dumbest statement l read here on the forum
sorry that many dont share your stupidity but l'm convinced now your not all with it