Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 421034 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2745 on: May 01, 2023, 09:56:41 AM »
He’s a triple premiership captain anyway, does 300 games really Matter ? Clearly not up to it anymore and like an old dog it’s time to end their suffering

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2746 on: May 01, 2023, 09:59:42 AM »
He’s a triple premiership captain anyway, does 300 games really Matter ? Clearly not up to it anymore and like an old dog it’s time to end their suffering

Agree. There didn't seem to be much sense in continuing on this year except to get to the 300 games. His output last year had diminished considerably

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2747 on: May 01, 2023, 10:40:22 AM »
We need to get him to 300 as he deserves the opportunity. That said, I would make it 300 and out :clapping

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2748 on: May 01, 2023, 10:43:26 AM »
How embarrassing.

I couldn't look myself in the mirror.

Richo retired because he didn't feel comfortable playing on if he wasn't sure he was good enough. And good for him too.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2749 on: May 01, 2023, 10:46:54 AM »
How embarrassing.

Richo retired because he didn't feel comfortable playing on if he wasn't sure he was good enough. And good for him too.

Campo is another. 297..

I myself want Cotch to get to 300 because the cupboard is very bare and it wont make one difference with our list, and i really mean that. Who else deserves his spot for a few games?

The list is so bad so we might as well see our legends off.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2750 on: May 01, 2023, 11:10:59 AM »
How embarrassing.

Campo is another. 297..

I myself want Cotch to get to 300 because the cupboard is very bare and it wont make one difference with our list, and i really mean that. Who else deserves his spot for a few games?

Whilst I get where you’re coming from, they’re also valuable games we could be getting into our youngsters ( mostly do decide whether to keep them or get rid of them and I suspect the latter) just delays the process is all

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2751 on: May 01, 2023, 11:14:13 AM »
How embarrassing.

Campo is another. 297..

Whilst I get where you’re coming from, they’re also valuable games we could be getting into our youngsters ( mostly do decide whether to keep them or get rid of them and I suspect the latter) just delays the process is all

Fair Enough.

I dont think its right or wrong just my opinion because i have made up my mind on many youngsters especially ones that resemble aaron fiora.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2752 on: May 01, 2023, 11:24:31 AM »
This is probably the unpopular opinion but I believe in honouring your heroes. They form the history of the club and how you treat them can have a lasting impact on the culture of the club. It doesn’t sit well with me that we were happy for him to flog himself and captain us to premierships but with his milestone so close we throw him in the garbage heap. I’m keen for us to get him to 300 then we’ll go from there.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2753 on: May 01, 2023, 11:43:52 AM »
This is probably the unpopular opinion but I believe in honouring your heroes. They form the history of the club and how you treat them can have a lasting impact on the culture of the club. It doesn’t sit well with me that we were happy for him to flog himself and captain us to premierships but with his milestone so close we throw him in the garbage heap. I’m keen for us to get him to 300 then we’ll go from there.

I get where you’re coming from, but imo no one is bigger than the club. He obviously was close to calling it at the end of last season but thought he had a bit left if we were to contend again, but clearly we aren’t. So the right call would be to retire and I wouldn’t be surprised if he did

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2754 on: May 01, 2023, 11:57:39 AM »

No issue with your opinion at all

Understand and part of me feels the same way. If there is a player who deserves to achieve the 300 game milestone it's Cotch

But as I posted it is really hard to watch him at the moment struggling the way he is.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2755 on: May 05, 2023, 10:56:52 AM »
Trent Cotchin won’t play this week due to general soreness…

Means - Trent’s 300th will now be Rnd 14 Sat Night at G vs Saints rather than interstate in prior two weeks.

Correct management ✅

#AFL #afl360
@Richmond_FC
#Cotchin300 #Cotchin #gotiges #talkingtigers

https://twitter.com/CammoCox/status/1654002819194814466

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2756 on: May 05, 2023, 10:47:53 PM »
[/img]https://i.imgflip.com/7kndgo.jpg
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2757 on: May 07, 2023, 05:00:50 PM »
Love him like a brother- but let’s face it , we didn’t miss him at all yesterday.
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2758 on: May 07, 2023, 07:27:39 PM »
Love him like a brother- but let’s face it , we didn’t miss him at all yesterday.

I think we were better off without him lumbering around

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2759 on: May 08, 2023, 08:06:15 AM »
Could the machinations behind getting Trent to 300 games be a major cause of dissent at the club??