Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 24329 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2004, 04:40:50 PM »
LMAO@WP running to the car to listen to SEN.

WP's brand new car that I got today - it really has been a great day  :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2004, 04:46:24 PM »
And let us not forget those who said there was no way we could or would get Terry Wallace:

And here's a sample:

Dwayne Russell, Mike Sheahan, Robert Walls, the Coach from Gold 104 to name but a few

how foolish do you feel now  :help :help

:thumbsup :lol :rollin

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2004, 04:47:02 PM »
WOW that's great, what sort did you get?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2004, 04:53:09 PM »
WOW that's great, what sort did you get?

A Vectra

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2004, 05:07:23 PM »
I was able to run and get hold of some speakers to listen to SEN but it kept buffering on me  :P. Dermie seemed a little flustered  ;D. Did he claim Wallace wasn't their first choice?  ::) Seems to contradict what Dunstall had been saying all last week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2004, 05:41:31 PM »
I was able to run and get hold of some speakers to listen to SEN but it kept buffering on me  :P. Dermie seemed a little flustered  ;D. Did he claim Wallace wasn't their first choice?  ::) Seems to contradict what Dunstall had been saying all last week.

That's right MT, Brereton changed his tune a bit from his interview just before the announcement to when they came back on after the announcement. After the announcement he was indicating that Wallace was not the Hawks first choice but he was just trying to save face with the Hawks membership. Wallace was definetly there first choice.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2004, 08:14:52 PM »
Wallace to Richmond: what they said
6:15:41 PM Tue 10 August, 2004
Samantha Lane
Sportal
Terry Wallace:
On Richmond:

"I'm honoured that the Richmond Football Club has given me the opportunity to take it forward into a new era. I know and understand that it's been a difficult time for all Tiger supporters and members. All I would like to say is that I'll be doing everything within my power to develop a winning culture back to the Richmond Football Club, getting it back to where it thoroughly deserves to be."

"The efforts of both Clinton and Greg and their professionalism in the way they approached all meetings that were conducted over a period of time, that made me super enthusiastic."

"I just thought this football club was a club that has such a huge capacity to be one of the real strengths of the competition….I suppose I'm dreaming that I can do that, I believe that I can change the culture and the way that the Richmond people are feeling about their footy club. That was probably one of the majors reasons."

On reaching his decision:

"I've probably been a little bit disappointed with the accusations that it (the deal) was done and dusted some time ago. I spoke to both Hawthorn (CEO) Jason Dunstall and Greg (Miller) last evening and told them where I sat with my decision."

On Hawthorn:

"I just didn't think the EGM (extraordinary general meeting) pathway was the right way to go. I thought there was an ability at Richmond to allow a smooth transition for me to be able to take on the role. That was significant in the final decision making."

"It just became a situation where I would have only been going with my heart (to Hawthorn) and I didn't think the right reasons. I just thought it was a little bit cloudy."

"We never got to the terms of agreements or anything like that with Hawthorn because there was just roadblocks I the way that didn't allow it to get that far."

"They could not assure a clear passage through to me being able to take on the job, that there may be some EGM or some sort of situation there that wasn't clear….that was a key factor in me not going to Hawthorn."

On the potential for board instability at Richmond:

"I'm a football coach and I've got to deal with getting this club to win games of football and I think that's where I sit….I'm hoping for stability in this footy club, that's what I'm hoping for. "

On his future support staff at Richmond:

"If you have a look at my past history I've never had an ex-teammate sitting along side of him. I've just always tried to go out and get the right people."

"I think that's the way you should go about things, and I'll be doing exactly that with Greg (Miller) and we'll just be working through the process of whose here, what's working, what we believe isn't and what decisions need to be make from there."

On Richmond and Hawthorn's lists:

"I didn't think there was a lot of difference between the lists. If you're looking at a long-term sustainable objectives as a coach, unless there is a huge margin between the two I didn't pick it on list structure."

"One of the real pleasing things for me was just the situation with the younger players at this football club at the moment."

"I think you would be kidding yourself that if any side that's finished down in the bottom four of the ladder, if you didn't think that (a culling of Richmond's list) was going to occur. I think you have to go down that path."

"How deep that goes I think obviously that depends on and is determined by how we go in the trade period and how that goes. It's an ugly time of the year for players…I can't make any promises to any player on the list. All I can try to do is make promises to the players that remain that we'll have a better list going forward."

On what he will do between now and October 1:

"What is paramount is that there's a respect for Danny Frawley to do his job. I won't be around the scenes here, I won't be behind the scenes, I won't be, as it was suggested in some media outlets, in the box or anything like that."

Clinton Casey, Richmond president:

"Terry's just detailed a presentation to the board, and we certainly agree with his evaluation of our list and his long term plan for the future building of our team and the promotion of this football club."

"We know there's no short term fix in football, and therefore we’ve offered a five year contract….and the board will provide the support and security for Terry to recruit and build a strong team that's going to produce some consistent performances for this footy club."

Greg Miller, Richmond's director of football:

"Last Thursday I was concerned that four hours with Hawthorn was a long time and I just tried everything we could behind the scenes to make sure Terry would coach us. As he said, he told me last night at about nine o'clock."

"The financial side of it was done in half an hour this morning and that's really all it took."

Moi

« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
Bump.

Interesting  :lol

A couple of years down the track.

A)  Should we sack him immediately lol
B)  Wait till the end of his contract
C)  Keep him
D)  Re-sign him so he can do his 2011 thing and really piisss some ppl off lol
E)  If we do sack him, who to replace him
F)  If we sack him, do you think the new coach will be able to make superstars out of the existing group
G)  Do you think anyone could get our group to adhere to a game plan?
H)  What do you like about Wallace?
I)  What do you dislike about Wallace ?  :help
J)  Anythiing else you'd like to add!

Bulluss

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »
A)  Should we sack him immediately lol No
B)  Wait till the end of his contract Yes, we couldnt afford it
C)  Keep him Depends how the next two years pan out
D)  Re-sign him so he can do his 2011 thing and really piisss some ppl off lol No contract until end of yr 5
E)  If we do sack him, who to replace him We cant afford to so no need to answer
F)  If we sack him, do you think the new coach will be able to make superstars out of the existing group
G)  Do you think anyone could get our group to adhere to a game plan? Yes
H)  What do you like about Wallace? Good PR, good spin doctor ;D, good tan
I)  What do you dislike about Wallace ?  I believe that he is too dishonest, i am sure that all coaches tell little white lies. In saying that i think with our predicament and history of our club our supporters would like a more upfront approach. Tell us how it is, if players are being put on notice we want to hear about coz otherwise we think Wallace doesnt really give a poo. Show some emotion and say our performances have been ordinary. This will win support.
I would like to add that i always said pre-season that this year we would go backward before starting our forward movement again next year. Due to the fact that our younger players will be more experienced and will start to perform more consistantly, to cover our old hacks  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2007, 12:05:30 AM »
Agreed with alot of what Bully.

A)  Should we sack him immediately lol No
B)  Wait till the end of his contract Yes, we couldnt afford it
C)  Keep him Depends how the next two years pan out
D)  Re-sign him so he can do his 2011 thing and really piisss some ppl off lol No contract until end of yr 5
E)  If we do sack him, who to replace him We cant afford to so no need to answer
F)  If we sack him, do you think the new coach will be able to make superstars out of the existing groupNo (those above 21)
G)  Do you think anyone could get our group to adhere to a game plan? Yes but footy is also about using your own flair and intuition within that gameplan which is based on each players talent
H)  What do you like about Wallace? Doesn't speak in stupid cliches, meticulous planner leading up to games, can come up with different gameplans and match-ups to suit different opponents
I)  What do you dislike about Wallace ?  Can stuff up obvious match-ups at times (Hall on Buddy instead of Polo, Gas on Medhurst instead of Rocca)
Like Bully not surprised if we wents backward before starting our forward movement again next year. Due to the fact that our younger players will start to replace our senior players yet will need time to gain experience and develop. If we had our best 22 on the park most weeks we could sneak a finals spot but that's not going to happen now
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: Wallace's comparison of Rich/Hawks list
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2007, 07:56:17 PM »

Wallace also compared the playing lists of his respective suitors, suggesting that while Hawthorn represented the better chance for a swift turnaround, via mature players, Richmond was more advanced in the development of its young players. "I think Richmond is 18 months ahead with their kids," he said.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/08/02/1091432110901.html?oneclick=true

Well, well, well.

I knew i was making it up all along.

Gee Wallace was on the money with this one.

Life goes on

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
Its amazing how posters here forget , or should I say convienently ::)

Life goes on

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »
Bully, dont be too upset.
He will be gone at the end of the year anyway ;)
Its just another 3 years in Richmonds history totally wasted.
Oh yeah thats right, someone like Jay Schultz will kick a few goals at Coburg and will be back as the savior and we will start winning games lol
Oh dear.
Plough has most people fooled.

Ramps

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
A)  Should we sack him immediately

No we should sack him at the end of the year. Im sick of it, jack of it, Ive had enough of this poohe. OUT!  GONE! Hes good at PR, but he didnt clean out the joint enough. Has to pay the price for failure and the decisions that have been made. MILLER should go as well. BOTH - OUT!

B)  Wait till the end of his contract

NO

C)  Keep him

NO

D)  Re-sign him so he can do his 2011 thing and really piisss some ppl off lol

NO

E)  If we do sack him, who to replace him

Wont happen but Chris Bond would do it for $200,000 a year.

NO! But he'll have a mandate to sack 12 blokes and get rid of the crap out of Punt Rd once and for all.

G)  Do you think anyone could get our group to adhere to a game plan?

YES!

H)  What do you like about Wallace?

Hes excellent at PR but when your going out the back door and havent won a game you cant do PR- You need to look down the barrel of the camera and tell the truth without crap.

I)  What do you dislike about Wallace ? 

Frawley stuffed up- and badly but you cant blame everyone else 2 1/2 years in. Not when you had 5 picks in the first 20 of your national draft

J)  Anythiing else you'd like to add

Ive almost had enough. Richmond is slowly dying as a club. We are losing another generation of supporters. We need to make one huge raid on other clubs in the preseason and snare afew players- cheap. We need to keep our first pick and take the best player.